Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney Animated classics 2012 bluray releases

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Walt Disney Animated classics 2012 bluray releases

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-12, 11:32 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Walt Disney Animated classics 2012 bluray releases

Originally Posted by Todd B.
Didn't we have this conversation already? This thread is about the Walt Disney Animated Classics (note the capital "c") series. You can find the list of this series here:

http://www.dvdizzy.com/disneyanimatedclassics.html

It doesn't matter what the age of the film is or how you feel about its entertainment or historical value. It is part of the Disney Animated Classics series. Even last year's "Winnie the Pooh" is a Classic (again, note the capital "c").

I think what he meant is that it's not going to be part of the Diamond Editions, not that it isn't a Classic title.
The thread does not have a capital "c". And just because Disney calls them classics does not mean they are. It's marketing talk to try and sell movies. These are not classics.
Old 02-27-12, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
And just because Disney calls them classics does not mean they are.
They are in the context of this thread.
Old 02-27-12, 11:56 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by fumanstan
They are in the context of this thread.
Well its practically the only "C"atalog Disney releases on the format anyway.
Old 02-28-12, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 947 Likes on 668 Posts

Whether a particular film merits the "classic" moniker is irrelevant. It's the line of films produced by Disney's main animation studio and as such, are a part of the "classics" line of animated films as designated by Disney.

Take issue with Chicken Little, Dinosaur or Bolt being a "classic" title? There's a discussion forum for that. :P
Old 02-28-12, 09:35 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Whether a particular film merits the "classic" moniker is irrelevant. It's the line of films produced by Disney's main animation studio and as such, are a part of the "classics" line of animated films as designated by Disney.

Take issue with Chicken Little, Dinosaur or Bolt being a "classic" title? There's a discussion forum for that. :P
Those three films are "Classic". Wow.

I'm going to make my own label and call them "Classic Cult Fan Favorites!".
Old 02-28-12, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The link Todd B posted above is the list of films Disney considers to be a part of their "classics" line. Therefore, anything on that list is fair game for release discussion here.
Old 03-01-12, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 215 Posts

For those interested, apparently this particular issue of D23 is very good. It's available at Barnes and Noble, and I think I'll be picking it up.

http://www.disneystore.com/books-non...04348/1000314/
Old 03-01-12, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Nice. I bought my first issue recently(Muppet issue). Solid magazine but $15? I might have to grab that one. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-01-12, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

That looks great, I'll have to go look for it at Barnes & Noble.
Old 03-01-12, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 215 Posts

I just picked up a couple, didn't read any yet, but thumbing through the pages, it has some really nice images/pictures. And good quality paper.
Old 03-01-12, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,093 Likes on 899 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

Especially Chicken Little, which was terrible
Old 03-16-12, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 108 Posts

In case anyone hasn't seen this thread, we've got a few additions:

July 3:
Treasure Planet
Home on the Range

Fall (I know these aren't Classics, but I thought I'd list then since they are [partially] animated):
The Tigger Movie
Pete's Dragon

October:
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Brother Bear
Old 03-19-12, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 485 Likes on 330 Posts

Excited about Treasure Planet. Wish we could also get Lilo & Stitch and Tarzan from that era.
Old 04-21-12, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys!

I know for sure Aristocats is being re-released on blu this summer or maybe they said fall I cant remember - wiki it.

I also read somewhere that in the summer treasure planet and home on the range are coming to blu and in the fall the rescuers, tigger movie and Pete's dragon

totally stoked for aristocats tho, and I would really love to see the rescuers come back as it has sadly been neglected for so long, as has hunchback and hercules. Also, I bet you as part of the corporations marketing technique, people search the internet to see what their customers want. The more we talk about it the better
Old 04-21-12, 02:32 AM

This is slightly off topic, but, I noticed beauty and the beast trillogy returning to the vault end of april. Just wondering why disney never released belles magical world on blu like the other two. would only make sense right? since the world is progressing to new technology and the other 2 are blu.... just kinda random i guess? ( know we are on the classic topic but just curious)
Old 04-21-12, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 108 Posts

I'm guessing it's because it was made in SD, since it was episodes from a failed TV show
Old 04-21-12, 10:47 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tempuraxox
hey guys!

I know for sure Aristocats is being re-released on blu this summer or maybe they said fall I cant remember - wiki it.

I also read somewhere that in the summer treasure planet and home on the range are coming to blu and in the fall the rescuers, tigger movie and Pete's dragon

totally stoked for aristocats tho, and I would really love to see the rescuers come back as it has sadly been neglected for so long, as has hunchback and hercules. Also, I bet you as part of the corporations marketing technique, people search the internet to see what their customers want. The more we talk about it the better
I was swearing you were spam there for a moment.
Old 04-21-12, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 486 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
In case anyone hasn't seen this thread, we've got a few additions:

October:
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
I know this will look and sound awesome on Bluray, and I still want Lilo and Stitch.
Old 04-23-12, 02:11 PM

Am I the only one waiting for Oliver and Company (the first I ever saw in theaters)? I was mad they only released it on SD.
Old 04-23-12, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Diamends
Am I the only one waiting for Oliver and Company (the first I ever saw in theaters)? I was mad they only released it on SD.
I'm kinda waiting for it too. It came out when I was 8, but I've never seen it. At this point, I suppose I can wait for the blu-ray.
Old 04-23-12, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oliver & Company was the earliest movie experience that I can recall.
Old 05-30-12, 08:36 PM

Checked the Disney calendar to see if there's been any post about Pocahontas or Rescuers release, & no of course not. (grrr!) But did notice The Great Mouse Detective is coming out on blu Sept 18! Wish someone with an insider could tell us why it seems to be taking so long with updates? Aristocats still isn't on the calendar although we know a date??
Old 05-31-12, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Halo0188
Checked the Disney calendar to see if there's been any post about Pocahontas or Rescuers release, & no of course not. (grrr!) But did notice The Great Mouse Detective is coming out on blu Sept 18! Wish someone with an insider could tell us why it seems to be taking so long with updates? Aristocats still isn't on the calendar although we know a date??
I found something on blu-ray.com about Pocahontas coming July 3, but it appears that may open a window of exclusivity for Disney Movie Club members only. Still nothing certain about a general release date.

Also, it appears that most of the extras from the two-disc DVD of that movie have been tossed into one of those "virtual vaults" online and won't be on the BD.

Here's the info:

Available to own 7/3/12.

Includes a Blu-ray and 2 DVDs in the combo pack.

Disney heroine Pocahontas sparkles in this captivating classic, available for the first time in breathtaking Blu-ray High Definition! The rich animation and Academy Award(R)-winning music (1995, Best Original Musical or Comedy Score and Best Original Song, "Colors of the Wind") burst forth with all the "Colors Of The Wind" in this amazing 2-movie collection of POCAHONTAS and POCAHONTAS II: JOURNEY TO A NEW WORLD -- this 3-disc combo also features a DVD of each film! Fun and excitement are "Just Around The Riverbend" as Pocahontas and her friends Flit and Meeko find adventure at home and abroad in these sweeping stories from the earliest days of American history. This POCAHONTAS 2-Movie Collection delivers action-packed stories of adventure, friendship and courage that your family will cherish forever.

BONUS FEATURES:
- Drawing Inspiration: The Lost Story Of Hiawatha- Walt Disney’s never-before-seen tale that inspired the POCAHONTAS filmmakers
- "Little Hiawatha" Cartoon Short
- Deleted Song: "If I Never Knew You"
- Audio Commentary
- Classic DVD Bonus Features Powered by Disney BD-Live
- The Music of Pocahontas
- Pocahontas II DVD Storybook
Old 05-31-12, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

While not at the top of the list of Disney movies from the 90s, Pocahontas is beautifully animated and has some great tunes. Kind of a shame it will be a club exclusive, I wouldn't mind grabbing it.
Old 05-31-12, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 485 Likes on 330 Posts

Well, thank goodness the Rescuers movies don't have any extras for them to leave off the Blu-ray.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.