HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Old 03-26-11, 12:01 PM
  #76  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: STL
Posts: 6,998
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

I just saw this week's Target ad and the exclusive looks like it will be in dvd-size packaging, but if you go to Target.com they have what looks like blu-ray packaging. I guess we won't know for sure until Tuesday.
dino88 is offline  
Old 03-26-11, 09:23 PM
  #77  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 404
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

I won't get the Target edition if it's in a dvd case.
ozzfan84 is offline  
Old 03-26-11, 10:35 PM
  #78  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,247
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

I'm concerned by the fact that the Digital Copy is apparently on the Blu-ray Disc. My only Blu-ray drive is the Blu-ray player, so I can't insert the disc into my laptop to transfer the DC if that's how it's done. I'm hoping it's simply a code to enter and that there's nothing on the disc itself that I'll need.
Travis McClain is offline  
Old 03-26-11, 10:44 PM
  #79  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Originally Posted by MinLShaw View Post
I'm concerned by the fact that the Digital Copy is apparently on the Blu-ray Disc. My only Blu-ray drive is the Blu-ray player, so I can't insert the disc into my laptop to transfer the DC if that's how it's done. I'm hoping it's simply a code to enter and that there's nothing on the disc itself that I'll need.
I don't know why you'd think the Digital Copy is on the blu-ray disc. On Axel Music they've got a scan of the back and it lists that it is a separate dvd that has the Digital Copy on it like alot of digital copies nowadays.
vmars is offline  
Old 03-26-11, 10:49 PM
  #80  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,247
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Originally Posted by vmars View Post
I don't know why you'd think the Digital Copy is on the blu-ray disc. On Axel Music they've got a scan of the back and it lists that it is a separate dvd that has the Digital Copy on it like alot of digital copies nowadays.
The Blu-ray.com review that I reads:

Discs
50GB Blu-ray Disc
Single disc (1 BD)
Digital copy (on disc)

So now you know why I'd think the Digital Copy might be on the Blu-ray Disc. That's how Warner did it with Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, so it's not unprecedented.
Travis McClain is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 12:51 AM
  #81  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Originally Posted by MinLShaw View Post
The Blu-ray.com review that I reads:

Discs
50GB Blu-ray Disc
Single disc (1 BD)
Digital copy (on disc)

So now you know why I'd think the Digital Copy might be on the Blu-ray Disc. That's how Warner did it with Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, so it's not unprecedented.
Well if you click on the scan of the back it clearly shows that it will have a second disc just for the Digital Copy
vmars is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 02:41 AM
  #82  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,247
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Originally Posted by vmars View Post
Well if you click on the scan of the back it clearly shows that it will have a second disc just for the Digital Copy
Well, if you click on the link to the review I cited, you'll not find a scan of the back of the package. Blu-ray.com only has the front image so far.
Travis McClain is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 09:45 AM
  #83  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 851
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Originally Posted by MinLShaw View Post
Well, if you click on the link to the review I cited, you'll not find a scan of the back of the package. Blu-ray.com only has the front image so far.
When, if ever, has a studio put the digital copy on the Blu disc? I don't think I've ever seen that, ever. However, I have never looked. But considering the digital copy is for a computer, and about 5% of computers have a Blu-Ray drive, it sounds moronic.

Anywho, just wondering why anyone would even think that, regardless of a review. It would make very little, if any, sense.
StephenX is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 10:19 AM
  #84  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mr. Cinema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 18,044
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Someone on blu-ray.com that works at Target says the combo pack comes in a clear BD sized case. They are supposed to post a pic later.
Mr. Cinema is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 11:05 AM
  #85  
DVD Talk Hero
 
PopcornTreeCt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,916
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema View Post
Someone on blu-ray.com that works at Target says the combo pack comes in a clear BD sized case. They are supposed to post a pic later.
A clear case?
PopcornTreeCt is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 11:33 AM
  #86  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Billerica MA
Posts: 763
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema View Post
Someone on blu-ray.com that works at Target says the combo pack comes in a clear BD sized case. They are supposed to post a pic later.
Interesting! Was hoping for a slipcover, so looking forward to seeing how this comes out. I think all three covers are great, but the red is killer!

Do the regular editions have slipcovers? The released art made me think they did, but you never know...
Bleddyn Williams is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 11:58 AM
  #87  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
SethDLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,716
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Originally Posted by Bleddyn Williams View Post
Interesting! Was hoping for a slipcover, so looking forward to seeing how this comes out. I think all three covers are great, but the red is killer!

Do the regular editions have slipcovers? The released art made me think they did, but you never know...
Yes. I saw a few copies in a local store that always puts out big releases a few days early. The slipcases are highly glossy and have the sort of "holographic" effect to them (not lenticular)
SethDLH is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 12:01 PM
  #88  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mr. Cinema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 18,044
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Pics per blu-ray.com:

Mr. Cinema is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 12:03 PM
  #89  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,385
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Crap.

I'm in.
Gizmo is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 12:03 PM
  #90  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 851
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011



So much for waiting for a price drop. That'll be mine on Tuesday.
StephenX is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 12:17 PM
  #91  
DVD Talk Reviewer
Thread Starter
 
gryffinmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ancient City
Posts: 6,535
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema View Post
Yeah, I'll just add another one ...
gryffinmaster is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 12:26 PM
  #92  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,385
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Really hope it's 3 Discs (Blu-ray, DVD, DC) so I can sell the DVD and DC in two auctions. That'll make the price even better!
Gizmo is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 12:40 PM
  #93  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,247
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Originally Posted by StephenX View Post
When, if ever, has a studio put the digital copy on the Blu disc? I don't think I've ever seen that, ever. However, I have never looked. But considering the digital copy is for a computer, and about 5% of computers have a Blu-Ray drive, it sounds moronic.

Anywho, just wondering why anyone would even think that, regardless of a review. It would make very little, if any, sense.
Originally Posted by MinLShaw View Post
[snip]

So now you know why I'd think the Digital Copy might be on the Blu-ray Disc. That's how Warner did it with Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, so it's not unprecedented.
Am I in one of those threads where people don't actually read and just want to berate me? 'Cause if so, I've got better ways to waste my time.
Travis McClain is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 12:57 PM
  #94  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,385
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Originally Posted by MinLShaw;10696973

So now you know why I'd think the Digital Copy might be on the Blu-ray Disc. That's how Warner did it with [I
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths[/I], so it's not unprecedented.
DVDTalk
The set also includes a code to download a digital copy for use on Windows Media-powered devices only; sorry, Mac users and iTunes are left holding the bag this time out. Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths also comes packaged in an embossed cardboard sleeve.
DVDTown:
Finally, the disc includes a code redeemable for a Digital Copy of "Crisis" for Windows Media Player.
Not sure you are right on that one. Putting it on the Blu-ray disc would require a BD-ROM drive...and not many people don't have it. If it did, it's just a one time thing by Warner.

Last edited by Gizmo; 03-27-11 at 01:05 PM.
Gizmo is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 01:04 PM
  #95  
DVD Talk Hero
 
PopcornTreeCt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,916
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Hmm... not so subtle nod to Target with that red cover. I'm sure it's just a coincidence, right?
PopcornTreeCt is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 01:33 PM
  #96  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,594
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt View Post
Hmm... not so subtle nod to Target with that red cover. I'm sure it's just a coincidence, right?
maybe a little - but it does look nice with Portman's eyes. It was really the only other color they could have made it besides black or white... and they obviously wanted to make it different.
NiCK Crush is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 01:58 PM
  #97  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 851
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Originally Posted by MinLShaw View Post
Am I in one of those threads where people don't actually read and just want to berate me? 'Cause if so, I've got better ways to waste my time.
No one berated you. I said the decision would be moronic. And it sounds like some of your info is incorrect. I wouldn't know. Lighten up Francis, it's just the Internet.
StephenX is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 02:00 PM
  #98  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cahuenga Building, Sixth Floor
Posts: 583
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

Really like the Target exclusive. I'll have to show up when it opens in order to secure the slipcover. Thanks for posting the pics.
Mike UFC is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 02:14 PM
  #99  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mr. Cinema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 18,044
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

back cover:

Mr. Cinema is offline  
Old 03-27-11, 02:50 PM
  #100  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,385
Re: Black Swan (Aronofsky, 2010) -- 3/29/2011

3 Discs, sweet. I'm down for it on Tuesday!
Gizmo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.