Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

TRON: LEGACY DVD/Blu Combo Pack >> 04/2011 (?)

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 12-15-10, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at Fry's today and there was a guy there who appeared to be a Disney vendor or representative (he was wearing a nametag and a TRON: Legacy shirt). It's a bit conflicting, since he was on the hunt for the original TRON (I informed him about how Disney forced it out of print), but he mentioned off-handedly to the clerk he was talking to that a "combo pack" release of Legacy is already scheduled for "April".

Just figured that might be worthwhile info...
Old 12-15-10, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts
Re: TRON: LEGACY DVD/Blu Combo Pack >> 04/2011 (?)

Amazon.fr has a release date of June 9th. So I hope it's April and not later.

http://www.amazon.fr/Tron-lh%C3%A9ri...2455933&sr=8-1

Last edited by E Unit; 12-15-10 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-15-10, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice cover art on both of those. I hope what we get is similar.
Old 12-15-10, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

I put up my sealed copy of the Tron DVD on half.com for $99 and it sold almost immediately. Not sure why I never got around to watching it.
Old 12-15-10, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Its just ashame the movie was so Darn Disapointing.
Tron Legacy was one of my most anticipated films to see this year, Till I actually saw it

A year ago I never would have imagined that I would of walked out of Tron Legacy, and say "I cant Believe I liked Yogi Bear3D better than Tron Legacy"

Oh well Atleast I got my Ticket signed by Beau Garret
Old 12-16-10, 02:07 AM

I hear the script is awful. What did you hate about it so much? You'd think with the money Disney has put into this, they would've made sure the script was decent. Supposedly, the folks at Pixar were even involved in the fin-tuning of the story.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it with my 5-year-old who can't wait to see it. As long as it doesn't bore us to tears, we should be okay.
Old 12-16-10, 02:22 AM
Banned by request

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Legacy was meh, but there's no way Yogi Bear was better, unless you saw a cut with the alternate ending.
Old 12-16-10, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet View Post
Legacy was meh, but there's no way Yogi Bear was better, unless you saw a cut with the alternate ending.
Trust me i never thought i would be saying that either, but I walked out of Yogi Bear 3D Saturday more satisfied then I was when I walked out of Tron Legacy3D. It pains me to say that cause I love the original Tron.

But there are just to many things wrong with the movie, from the bad writing to the wooden acting of Garrett Hedlund. And Not to mention what they end up doing with the character of Tron was just soooo very disapointing. Not to mention making Flynn this new age zin master type character. And dont even get me started on the very predictable crappy ending.

And worst of all there are long periods of time in the film that move at such a snails pace that it will feel as if several hours has passed. Tron was actually I hate to say it Very Boreing with only a few scenes being exceptions to that.

Yogi Bear surprisingly was very funny, and entertaining and did a great job of captureing the spirt of the cartoon series.
Old 12-16-10, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I'm not going to trust your opinion, because that Yogi Bear movie looks really bad to me. To each their own.
Old 12-16-10, 12:02 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours View Post
Trust me i never thought i would be saying that either, but I walked out of Yogi Bear 3D Saturday more satisfied then I was when I walked out of Tron Legacy3D. It pains me to say that cause I love the original Tron.

But there are just to many things wrong with the movie, from the bad writing to the wooden acting of Garrett Hedlund. And Not to mention what they end up doing with the character of Tron was just soooo very disapointing. Not to mention making Flynn this new age zin master type character. And dont even get me started on the very predictable crappy ending.

And worst of all there are long periods of time in the film that move at such a snails pace that it will feel as if several hours has passed. Tron was actually I hate to say it Very Boreing with only a few scenes being exceptions to that.

Yogi Bear surprisingly was very funny, and entertaining and did a great job of captureing the spirt of the cartoon series.

I expected Tron Legacy to be eye candy mixed with a generic hero's journey story and got pretty much that.
Old 12-16-10, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours View Post

That sounds a lot like my criticisms of the original Tron, but I'm going to rewatch it tonight, before the midnight showing of Legacy, see if my opinions have changed at all.

At the very least I haven't heard of anything bad about Jeff Bridges, so at the very least I'll enjoy watching him.
Old 12-16-10, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm reminded of my dual review of You Don't Mess with the Zohan and IJ and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. We saw them in a double feature at the drive-in and I said then that I was more satisfied by Zohan than Crystal Skull. Zohan only had to live up to being a delightfully doofy Adam Sandler movie, and it succeeded at that. Crystal Skull had a lot to live up to, and it was just kinda there.

Back on topic, all these negative reviews of Tron: Legacy are probably helping since I won't be expecting much, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised lol
Old 12-16-10, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
I put up my sealed copy of the Tron DVD on half.com for $99 and it sold almost immediately. Not sure why I never got around to watching it.
Sigh, I sold mine almost exactly one year ago for $8 expecting a Blu-ray release prior to the new film opening. Earlier this year Best Buy was even selling it for $10 with a Free Movie Ticket included!

I suggest anyone with a copy sell it now!!! Disney must have a warehouse full of Tron DVDs they pulled off store shelves. As soon as it is made available again or a Blu-ray is announced the value will drop like a rock.
Old 12-16-10, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Suprmallet View Post
So, um, was that a joke? Or is there indeed an alternate ending?
Old 12-16-10, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

^ He's referring to the joke ending on Youtube where BoBo kills Yogi.
Old 01-02-11, 06:35 PM

any word or confirmation of when the dvd is coming out, i would appreciate it, saw the movie twice in imax 3d and loved it. Can't wait for the dvd.
Old 01-02-11, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by dgker138 View Post
any word or confirmation of when the dvd is coming out, i would appreciate it, saw the movie twice in imax 3d and loved it. Can't wait for the dvd.
4-6 months
Old 01-02-11, 06:49 PM
Banned

I'm hoping for a Steelbook for this one. Would be great if the original also got one, but I'll be content with that on Blu at all.
Old 01-02-11, 09:43 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dgker138 View Post
....just get the BD/DVD combo version of it....you're bound to upgrade at some point.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 01-02-11 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-11-11, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by The Digital Bits
Speaking of Disney, consider this Rumor Mill-worthy, but our industry sources tell us that the studio is currently preparing to release TRON Legacy in multiple configurations: A Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy Combo, a Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy Combo, a Blu-ray 2-pack of TRON Legacy packed with the long-awaited TRON: The Original Classic, as well as standard DVD versions (all TBA). We'll post all the details as soon as they're officially announced. In any case, rest assured that classic TRON IS coming to BD with TRON Legacy in some form (though no word yet on whether or not it will be available by itself).
I dunno about you guys, but I sorta like the idea that the two movies would come together. If you only liked one and not the other, you're getting it for free in case you change your mind, and if you liked both, well, no problem.

They also have a cover for the original over at High Def Digest that is so painfully, stupidly fake that I can't be bothered to post it. At least, I hope it's fake. It sure as hell looks fake, but if it's real, Disney should be embarrassed.
Old 01-11-11, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I want the 2 pack but I also want to get Legacy in 3D - so I really hope there is an option for that when it comes out (ie. Tron original plus Legacy 3D blu-ray, not just Tron/Legacy 2D version only)
Old 01-11-11, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by droidguy1119 View Post
I dunno about you guys, but I sorta like the idea that the two movies would come together. If you only liked one and not the other, you're getting it for free in case you change your mind, and if you liked both, well, no problem.
well, seems like a problem if I (also) want the 3D version of Tron Legacy. Hope they release the original Tron by itself as well.
Old 01-11-11, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by droidguy1119 View Post

They also have a cover for the original over at High Def Digest that is so painfully, stupidly fake that I can't be bothered to post it. At least, I hope it's fake. It sure as hell looks fake, but if it's real, Disney should be embarrassed.
The cover art for Bambi with the floating head turned out to be the real deal. Unfortunately. Just sayin'.
Old 01-12-11, 12:16 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for 11 or 14 bucks (I forgot how much amazon had it for that deal thing)....I don't give a shit about the cover design.
Old 01-12-11, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

As long as they don't show Bambi's mother being shot on the cover, floating heads are acceptable. Aren't I right?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.