Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy 7-disc, March 1, 2011

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy 7-disc, March 1, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-11, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy 7-disc, March 1, 2011

I looked at it last night and passed, but this morning I really want it! The BB one is REALLY nice looking!
Old 03-07-11, 06:04 AM

The deleted scenes on that bonus disc..are those new deleted scenes that are not on the regular blu-rays? are they finished scenes (ie. with full effects, etc)

Sanjay
Old 03-07-11, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StarFyre
The deleted scenes on that bonus disc..are those new deleted scenes that are not on the regular blu-rays? are they finished scenes (ie. with full effects, etc)

Sanjay
Why would they include a bonus disc of scenes already present on the Blu-Rays?
Old 03-07-11, 12:00 PM

sorry, i meant are these discs differetn than teh normal blu-rays, so now, they have moved all the del scenes to a new disc and added more.

but it appears i found answer at another forum...

These appear to be the new scenes:

DMC

1 ) Steady As She Goes: Jack Staggers in Search of Rum -- This, as the subtitle suggests, a slightly extended version of Jack going down in search of rum after the "Why is the rum always gone?" scene and before meeting Bill. It's got some short but fun little gags involving the ship's animals.

2 ) East of India: Beckett Summons Will -- A slightly extended version of the scene in which Beckett solicits (blackmails) Will's help in retrieving the compass. Instead of Will refusing to speak initially he inquires as to Elizabeth and responds with some sarcasm to Beckett's reply.

3 ) Lizzie Gets Her Gun: Omitted Carriage Dialogue -- An extended sequence showing where Elizabeth got the gun with which she threatens Beckett. She also exchanges a FEW more words with her father before they set off.

4 ) What of You and Jack?: Elizabeth Threatens Beckett -- A slightly extended version of the scene between Beckett and Lizzie. The conversation has like two extra lines, followed by a visual explanation as to how Lizzie managed to safely infiltrate Beckett's office in such a heavily guarded port.

5 ) Never Mind: Jack and the Bone Cages -- Following the toe necklace adornment, Jack has some words with his guard, and the bone cage captives exchange a few extra comedic words.

6 ) Six Became Five: Trapped in the Gorge -- Uncut, extended version of what happens after the bone cage lands in the water in the gorge where the pelegostos start shooting at Will, Gibbs and Co.

7 ) Cutlery: Extended Version of Jack's Fall -- Slightly extended version of the fall-through-many-bridges sequences.

8 ) Where's My Profit?: Jack Learns of the Letters of Marque, Pt. I -- Alternate version of Will's first confrontation with Jack over the compass.

9 ) Tortuuuuga: A Haunted Dress and A Hungry Crew -- Extended version of the haunted dress sequence, dialogue as it was in the version of the script that T&T shared with us.

10 ) If You Believe In Such Things: Up River -- Extended look at Will and Gibbs' conversation as they travel up the river. Some good stuff here, I really enjoyed this scene.

11 ) Begin to Forget: Will Confonts His Father -- Extended scene after Will gets dumped belowdecks following his flogging. A pretty decent sized conversation between Will and Bill ensues. I enjoyed the little bit of extra light it shed on Bill's condition.

12 ) Manual Labor: Letters of Marque Pt. 2 -- Some missing Jack and James goodness (hint: the wig), and a bit more leading into the sequence with Jack confiscating the letters.

13 ) Married to the Ship: The Deleted Dice Game -- Extended dice game between Jones and Will, included a whole separate round preceding what is seen in the final cut of the movie. I was sad this dialog got cut, and it's wonderful to see it back in place--foreshadows AWE better. And, even better, its CGI is completed--must have been cut late in the game. This one is the longest of the DMC fare.

14 ) Every Man For Himself: Kraken Attack -- Extended look at Will's escape from the Edinburgh Trader following the kraken's attack. Some shots have only partial CG rendering.

15 ) Salvation: The Story of Isla Cruces -- Restored dialog from Elizabeth, during the march towards the Chest, concern the backstory of Isla Cruces. One of my favorite lines Norrington says (which got cut) is restored in this scene. And a bit more Jack and James fun to top it off. Yay.

16 ) For Whom the Bell Tolls: The Missing Priest -- Extra shot during the fight in the run-down church.

17 ) Pot Kettle Black: Three-Way Sword Fight -- Restored Jack/Will/James banter during the beginning of the Cruces fight (on the beach). Another set of lines I missed are restored here, this time belonging to Jack. And for those familiar with the shots of the three musketeers pose... Yes.

18 ) The Map is Finished: Beckett Promotes Norrington/Jones Reports for Duty -- Extended version of Norrington's delivery of the heart. I have to note that I'd never seen Jack Davenport's eyes look so intensely green as I do in this scene. More fully rendered CGI, though it seems to be missing foley work at places.
• AWE

1 ) The Canaries: Tia Dalma's Introduction -- Alternate intro for Tia Dalma, matching the leaked script we received in the months prior to AWE's opening, with her conversation with the EITC officer.

2 ) A Pox On Us All: Barbossa and Sao Feng Discuss the Brethren Court -- Follows the shot when Marty konks the fat man on the head. Restores dialog about the prior convening of the Court and the EITC's threat to piracy.

3 ) You're a Pirate: Omitted Section: Singapore Fight Sequence -- We get to see Sao Feng and some of the other characters kick some EITC butt. A short but delightful sequence.

4 ) You Weren't Supposed to Get Caught: Escape from Singapore -- Follows Will and Elizabeth's exchanged looks before he takes her arm, and shows them board the Hai Peng. No CGI work done for the extended portion. Involves a brief exchange before Will and Barbossa.

5 ) It's a Two-Part Plan: Murtogg and Mulroy Introduction/Extended Governor Swann Scene -- Extended in two parts. First part comes just before Commodore Norrington's entrance in the "material has become immaterial" exchange between Beckett and Jones, and involves cut Murtogg and Mulroy dialog. Then Governor Swann joins the conversation. The scene had some shots cut before so it looked like Swann isn't present, but those cuts are reinstated.

6 ) Swann Song: If You Stab The Heart -- The deleted sequence in which Swann attempts to stab the heart in his grief and Norrington stops him. No CGI. I. Love. This. Scene--it's my favorite out of them all, I think. It explains the difference between the two curses better, and rounds out Swann and Norrington better. I wish it hadn't been cut SO BAD..

7 ) Kraken Slayers, Pt. I: Even More Pintel and Ragetti -- Extended kraken carcass discovery scene dialog. On and off CGI.

8 ) Kraken Slayers, Pt. 2: Still More Pintel And Ragetti -- Same as number 7 with full CGI.

9 ) It's Just Good Business: Jack And Beckett Full-Length Scene, Pt. I -- Restored dialog between Jack and Beckett alluding to the slave ship/Black Pearl backstory, and fleshing out the "bargain" between them. I actually hadn't read some of this dialog before, it was very nice to see. And Jack has some fun blocking with Beckett--I giggled much.

10 ) Legendary: Barbossa Persuades Sao Feng -- Restored Calypso dialog between Barbossa and Sao Feng.

11 ) The Thing You Want Most: Jack and Beckett Full-Length Scene, Pt. 2 -- Continues #9. Better resolves Beckett's letting go of the compass.

12 ) Grammatically Incorrect: Omitted Section: Sao Feng and Elizabeth -- Restored dialogue between Sao Feng and Elizabeth. Includes the who/whom debate. Brings some comedy to the scene, which is nice coming from Chow Yun-Fat.

13 ) Choices: Jack Cons Will -- Extended conversation at the prow of the Black Pearl prior to Jack shoving Will overboard. Some lines from Jack here. This one was short, but I enjoyed getting Will and Jack talking.

14 ) The Devil's Throat: The Pearl Enters Shipwreck Cove -- Deleted sequence showing and explaining the lore of devil's throat, gives us a different intro to Shipwreck Cove.

15 ) Honest Streak: Gibbs Questions Jack -- Deleted conversation between Gibbs and Jack. Follows "And so, we shall go to war!" Comes right before Jack talks with Teague. Plays on Jack's perspective after dying some more.

16 ) Her: Jack's Ulterior, Ulterior Motive -- Slightly extended Parlay sequence. Those who read the script know what ulterior, ulterior motive the subtitle is referring to. Those who didn't might guess from the title-title.

17 ) Poppycock: Wyvern Jack and the Triplets -- Extra comedic dialog between Jack and his alternate selves in the brig of the Dutchman. I found this one pretty darn funny.

18 ) The World We Know Ends Today: Barbossa Takes Control -- Extended lead-in to Calypso's release.

19 ) I Miss Him Already: The Return of Chicken Man -- Extended escape from the Dutchman's brig.

20 ) Ring Around the Capstan: Extended Jack and Jones Weirdness -- Full CG slightly extended moment of Jones chasing Jack around the capstan. This one I liked better in the final cut.

Regards,

Sanjay
Old 03-07-11, 12:01 PM

sorry, i meant are these discs differetn than teh normal blu-rays, so now, they have moved all the del scenes to a new disc and added more.

but it appears i found answer at another forum...

These appear to be the new scenes:

DMC

1 ) Steady As She Goes: Jack Staggers in Search of Rum -- This, as the subtitle suggests, a slightly extended version of Jack going down in search of rum after the "Why is the rum always gone?" scene and before meeting Bill. It's got some short but fun little gags involving the ship's animals.

2 ) East of India: Beckett Summons Will -- A slightly extended version of the scene in which Beckett solicits (blackmails) Will's help in retrieving the compass. Instead of Will refusing to speak initially he inquires as to Elizabeth and responds with some sarcasm to Beckett's reply.

3 ) Lizzie Gets Her Gun: Omitted Carriage Dialogue -- An extended sequence showing where Elizabeth got the gun with which she threatens Beckett. She also exchanges a FEW more words with her father before they set off.

4 ) What of You and Jack?: Elizabeth Threatens Beckett -- A slightly extended version of the scene between Beckett and Lizzie. The conversation has like two extra lines, followed by a visual explanation as to how Lizzie managed to safely infiltrate Beckett's office in such a heavily guarded port.

5 ) Never Mind: Jack and the Bone Cages -- Following the toe necklace adornment, Jack has some words with his guard, and the bone cage captives exchange a few extra comedic words.

6 ) Six Became Five: Trapped in the Gorge -- Uncut, extended version of what happens after the bone cage lands in the water in the gorge where the pelegostos start shooting at Will, Gibbs and Co.

7 ) Cutlery: Extended Version of Jack's Fall -- Slightly extended version of the fall-through-many-bridges sequences.

8 ) Where's My Profit?: Jack Learns of the Letters of Marque, Pt. I -- Alternate version of Will's first confrontation with Jack over the compass.

9 ) Tortuuuuga: A Haunted Dress and A Hungry Crew -- Extended version of the haunted dress sequence, dialogue as it was in the version of the script that T&T shared with us.

10 ) If You Believe In Such Things: Up River -- Extended look at Will and Gibbs' conversation as they travel up the river. Some good stuff here, I really enjoyed this scene.

11 ) Begin to Forget: Will Confonts His Father -- Extended scene after Will gets dumped belowdecks following his flogging. A pretty decent sized conversation between Will and Bill ensues. I enjoyed the little bit of extra light it shed on Bill's condition.

12 ) Manual Labor: Letters of Marque Pt. 2 -- Some missing Jack and James goodness (hint: the wig), and a bit more leading into the sequence with Jack confiscating the letters.

13 ) Married to the Ship: The Deleted Dice Game -- Extended dice game between Jones and Will, included a whole separate round preceding what is seen in the final cut of the movie. I was sad this dialog got cut, and it's wonderful to see it back in place--foreshadows AWE better. And, even better, its CGI is completed--must have been cut late in the game. This one is the longest of the DMC fare.

14 ) Every Man For Himself: Kraken Attack -- Extended look at Will's escape from the Edinburgh Trader following the kraken's attack. Some shots have only partial CG rendering.

15 ) Salvation: The Story of Isla Cruces -- Restored dialog from Elizabeth, during the march towards the Chest, concern the backstory of Isla Cruces. One of my favorite lines Norrington says (which got cut) is restored in this scene. And a bit more Jack and James fun to top it off. Yay.

16 ) For Whom the Bell Tolls: The Missing Priest -- Extra shot during the fight in the run-down church.

17 ) Pot Kettle Black: Three-Way Sword Fight -- Restored Jack/Will/James banter during the beginning of the Cruces fight (on the beach). Another set of lines I missed are restored here, this time belonging to Jack. And for those familiar with the shots of the three musketeers pose... Yes.

18 ) The Map is Finished: Beckett Promotes Norrington/Jones Reports for Duty -- Extended version of Norrington's delivery of the heart. I have to note that I'd never seen Jack Davenport's eyes look so intensely green as I do in this scene. More fully rendered CGI, though it seems to be missing foley work at places.
• AWE

1 ) The Canaries: Tia Dalma's Introduction -- Alternate intro for Tia Dalma, matching the leaked script we received in the months prior to AWE's opening, with her conversation with the EITC officer.

2 ) A Pox On Us All: Barbossa and Sao Feng Discuss the Brethren Court -- Follows the shot when Marty konks the fat man on the head. Restores dialog about the prior convening of the Court and the EITC's threat to piracy.

3 ) You're a Pirate: Omitted Section: Singapore Fight Sequence -- We get to see Sao Feng and some of the other characters kick some EITC butt. A short but delightful sequence.

4 ) You Weren't Supposed to Get Caught: Escape from Singapore -- Follows Will and Elizabeth's exchanged looks before he takes her arm, and shows them board the Hai Peng. No CGI work done for the extended portion. Involves a brief exchange before Will and Barbossa.

5 ) It's a Two-Part Plan: Murtogg and Mulroy Introduction/Extended Governor Swann Scene -- Extended in two parts. First part comes just before Commodore Norrington's entrance in the "material has become immaterial" exchange between Beckett and Jones, and involves cut Murtogg and Mulroy dialog. Then Governor Swann joins the conversation. The scene had some shots cut before so it looked like Swann isn't present, but those cuts are reinstated.

6 ) Swann Song: If You Stab The Heart -- The deleted sequence in which Swann attempts to stab the heart in his grief and Norrington stops him. No CGI. I. Love. This. Scene--it's my favorite out of them all, I think. It explains the difference between the two curses better, and rounds out Swann and Norrington better. I wish it hadn't been cut SO BAD..

7 ) Kraken Slayers, Pt. I: Even More Pintel and Ragetti -- Extended kraken carcass discovery scene dialog. On and off CGI.

8 ) Kraken Slayers, Pt. 2: Still More Pintel And Ragetti -- Same as number 7 with full CGI.

9 ) It's Just Good Business: Jack And Beckett Full-Length Scene, Pt. I -- Restored dialog between Jack and Beckett alluding to the slave ship/Black Pearl backstory, and fleshing out the "bargain" between them. I actually hadn't read some of this dialog before, it was very nice to see. And Jack has some fun blocking with Beckett--I giggled much.

10 ) Legendary: Barbossa Persuades Sao Feng -- Restored Calypso dialog between Barbossa and Sao Feng.

11 ) The Thing You Want Most: Jack and Beckett Full-Length Scene, Pt. 2 -- Continues #9. Better resolves Beckett's letting go of the compass.

12 ) Grammatically Incorrect: Omitted Section: Sao Feng and Elizabeth -- Restored dialogue between Sao Feng and Elizabeth. Includes the who/whom debate. Brings some comedy to the scene, which is nice coming from Chow Yun-Fat.

13 ) Choices: Jack Cons Will -- Extended conversation at the prow of the Black Pearl prior to Jack shoving Will overboard. Some lines from Jack here. This one was short, but I enjoyed getting Will and Jack talking.

14 ) The Devil's Throat: The Pearl Enters Shipwreck Cove -- Deleted sequence showing and explaining the lore of devil's throat, gives us a different intro to Shipwreck Cove.

15 ) Honest Streak: Gibbs Questions Jack -- Deleted conversation between Gibbs and Jack. Follows "And so, we shall go to war!" Comes right before Jack talks with Teague. Plays on Jack's perspective after dying some more.

16 ) Her: Jack's Ulterior, Ulterior Motive -- Slightly extended Parlay sequence. Those who read the script know what ulterior, ulterior motive the subtitle is referring to. Those who didn't might guess from the title-title.

17 ) Poppycock: Wyvern Jack and the Triplets -- Extra comedic dialog between Jack and his alternate selves in the brig of the Dutchman. I found this one pretty darn funny.

18 ) The World We Know Ends Today: Barbossa Takes Control -- Extended lead-in to Calypso's release.

19 ) I Miss Him Already: The Return of Chicken Man -- Extended escape from the Dutchman's brig.

20 ) Ring Around the Capstan: Extended Jack and Jones Weirdness -- Full CG slightly extended moment of Jones chasing Jack around the capstan. This one I liked better in the final cut.

Regards,

Sanjay
Old 03-11-11, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
Also, the blurb on the front of the box suggests that you get a ticket to see the new movie. Each of the individual releases includes a free movie ticket for it as well. I'm assuming that the box set actually offers three movie tickets (one with each title) and not one ticket for the entire box.
I think that's a very big assumption. At Disney Rewards it says "good for 1 admission" and that statement is applied to the set and the individual releases. I agree it would suck to have only one tix for the set while the individual releases each have their own.

Can anyone confirm whether you get one ticket or multiple for the set?
Old 03-11-11, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I opened up my set and there was only one code good for one ticket. It did suck to discover that since the individual discs have one ticket per movie.
Old 03-14-11, 03:22 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so what does the regular set look like?
Old 03-14-11, 09:07 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
so what does the regular set look like?
The one at Target was the 3 movies, without slip covers, in a slip cover box. Similar in style to the X-Men Trilogy, Resident Evil Trilogy etc.
Old 03-14-11, 11:04 AM
Banned

ah...well that's convenient.
Old 03-15-11, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

So basically the deleted scenes consist of story elements that should not have been cut? Sadly, unless they're ever cut back into the movies, they don't "exist" so do nothing to better the films themselves. I'll stick with my current discs.
Old 03-15-11, 09:33 PM
Banned

See...I don't have those films yet...so for 50 bucks on amazon plus the free ticket...this new set release....seems good to me.
Old 03-16-11, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Roybq
I opened up my set and there was only one code good for one ticket. It did suck to discover that since the individual discs have one ticket per movie.
Wow. That's...disappointing.
Old 03-24-11, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
See...I don't have those films yet...so for 50 bucks on amazon plus the free ticket...this new set release....seems good to me.
That's a worthwhile purchase, in your case. For me, it's not much of an upgrade.
Old 04-25-11, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Target and Toys R Us are supposed to have the separate combo packs on sale for $14.99. Each comes with movie cash for part 4.