Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Inception- December 7th, 2010

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Inception- December 7th, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-10, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Inception- December 7th, 2010

Originally Posted by dino88
Cool! I should be getting mine any day then. Mine shipped on 12/3. Was that the date yours shipped?
yes, 12/3
Old 12-15-10, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by animefan
yes, 12/3
Can't wait to get it...thanks.
Old 12-15-10, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by acubfaninmd
Don't know if this has been posted but Inception had 65% sales from Blu-ray.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/res...nception-21454
No. Inception's Blu-Ray only offering had 65 percent of unit sales of the single-disc offerings. And that's unit sales number is a guess at sales by Nielson (as not all chains report figures and not all chains that report figures report to Nielson. That information is pumped to us by a magazine that makes its money shilling for the film industry. Let's face it, the week was dominated by the Blu-Ray/DVD combo which sold at a significant discount making the decision for many of us to buy the combo a no-brainer. Yet, they want to pump up the Blu-Ray news with some worthless stats.
Old 12-18-10, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone think the skintones were a bit too orange/red? I had to turn down the red/green color on my set to make them look normal.
Old 12-18-10, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by animefan
Happy Day!!
I received my Inception from UK Amazon today.

All the extras work on my US PS3. Only the DVD doesn't work since it's PAL (but I don't watch DVD anymore, so it doesn't matter) The missing comic from US edition is no big deal to me since it is in the extra section as motion comic. And since I got this about $10 cheaper than what I would have paid for in WBshop, I am very happy.

Picture quality seems very good, but I really don't have good enough setup to really judge. But it didn't really impress me like how Sound of Music did. I guess I was expecting little too much since this was shown in IMAX.

Very very happy with my purchase. (only thing that bothers me a little is that the disc art is changed from the picture that was shown earlier - it's not the character art that I was expecting and wanted, it's same as the US edition plus the ugly rating)
Thanks for the detailed response. I'm in for one! (Plus I have a multi-region DVD player anyhow, no that that matters since the blu-ray is what I'd be watching).
Old 01-05-11, 04:26 PM

Netflix has only the "rental" blu-ray. It does not includes any extras.