Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Battle Royale (Arrow Releasing)--October 2010?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Battle Royale (Arrow Releasing)--October 2010?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-11, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Battle Royale (Arrow Releasing)--October 2010?

Nothing yet.
Old 01-07-11, 01:45 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 914 Likes on 774 Posts

i inquired, as most of you have, about "Where's My Package?" and told them that since it still isn't here by original due date of 5th i want a new one sent out ASAP. i just wanted a new one sent. was expecting the Jan 13th e-mail that most got. i was very eloquent actually and polite, but this was certainly unexpected...

Dear Scott XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk to bring this to our attention.

I am very sorry to hear that your order #203-0293xxx-xxxxxx did not arrive.

I have requested a full refund to your payment card in the amount of 14.46 GBP. Refunds usually go through within 2 - 3 business days and we will send you confirmation when it is complete. You should see this credited to you on your next card statement. Completed refunds information can be viewed when you visit Your Account once you've received the confirmation e-mail from us.

In the Orders section, click on "Your Orders" and sign in with your e-mail address and password if requested. On the left side of the order you choose, select "View Order Details". Completed returns and refunds will appear at the bottom of the individual order's summary page.

If the original package arrives afterwards, please keep the item with our compliments, as the cost of returning the package is likely to be overly expensive. You may know of a local charity who would benefit from the item.

I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you. Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

if it does show up, i think i will donate it to an orphanage
Old 01-07-11, 01:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598
i inquired, as most of you have, about "Where's My Package?" and told them that since it still isn't here by original due date of 5th i want a new one sent out ASAP. i just wanted a new one sent. was expecting the Jan 13th e-mail that most got. i was very eloquent actually and polite, but this was certainly unexpected...

Dear Scott XXXX,

I am very sorry to hear that your order #203-0293xxx-xxxxxx did not arrive.

I have requested a full refund to your payment card in the amount of 14.46 GBP. Refunds usually go through within 2 - 3 business days and we will send you confirmation when it is complete. You should see this credited to you on your next card statement. Completed refunds information can be viewed when you visit Your Account once you've received the confirmation e-mail from us.

In the Orders section, click on "Your Orders" and sign in with your e-mail address and password if requested. On the left side of the order you choose, select "View Order Details". Completed returns and refunds will appear at the bottom of the individual order's summary page.

If the original package arrives afterwards, please keep the item with our compliments, as the cost of returning the package is likely to be overly expensive. You may know of a local charity who would benefit from the item.

I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you. Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

if it does show up, i think i will donate it to an orphanage
Or maybe a school for troubled children?
Old 01-07-11, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some interesting reading on Royal Mail's web site:

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...800088#1600085

USA
Start date: 18th November
End date: Ongoing

Increased security measures delays some mail to USA

Since November 2010, the United States Department of Homeland Security has increased security measures for items carried on passenger airlines. As a result, mail entering the US from around the world, and including the UK, that would normally be sent via passenger aircraft must now travel by other means, including ships and cargo planes.

Most items, including personal letters and cards, will arrive in the US within a few days of posting. The vast majority of Christmas cards and gifts posted prior to the last recommended posting date of 10th December will have arrived in the US in time for Christmas. However, these ongoing security issues, combined with the impact of recent severe weather on the movement of mail throughout the UK, are continuing to cause delays to some items bound for the US. The delays mainly affect heavier items, but also affect other items including Destination Sort bags posted under contract by business customers. We’re really sorry for these unavoidable delays and are doing everything we can to keep mail moving out of and into the UK.

We have implemented a number of contingency plans to ensure as much of our customers’ mail reaches the US as quickly as possible. Handling significantly increased volumes of mail at this festive time along with the complexity of reacting at pace to contingency arrangements, means we’re unable to track individual items for customers or identify exactly when in the current arrival patterns deliveries are likely to take place.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and are continuing to work to minimise disruption to our customers, whilst ensuring we comply fully with the US directives and regulations.

------

USA - North America
Start date: 27th December
End date: 31st December

The situation of force majeure caused by heavy snowstorms and blizzard conditions in the north-eastern region of the United States of America has now returned to normal.

All mail operations are now proceeding normally.
Old 01-07-11, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If Homeland Security operates at the same level of speed of every other US government organization, I'll expect my packages in 8-10 weeks.
Old 01-07-11, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maryland and no package again today. Shipped Dec 11th like everyone elses.
Old 01-07-11, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm divorcing myself from the expectation. Damn thing will get here when it gets here. I just hope it's not bunked up to hell after being in the mail for so long.
Old 01-07-11, 02:33 PM

Scott, it's strange you got that message, maybe you were just teasing and messed with it, but here's mine, basically asking for the same thing (shipping refunded)

Dear Customer

I am very sorry to hear that your order #XXXXXXXXXXXXXX did not arrive.

At this point, I can only assume that it was lost during delivery.

Therefore, I have requested a full refund to your payment card in the amount of 17.54 GBP.

Please note that within 15 working days of this refund, you will receive an e-mail asking whether the original order was received to date. A response to this e-mail is required and we reserve the right to charge your original payment method or claim for payment for the above order if a response is not received within 14 days of the dispatch of the e-mail.

Your response is required for audit purposes with Royal Mail so that Amazon can claim the cost of the order for non-arrival. It is a requirement from Royal Mail that the recipient of the parcel confirms whether the original order was received.

Refunds usually go through within 2 - 3 business days and we will send you confirmation when it is complete. You should see this credited to you on your next card statement. Completed refunds information can be viewed when you visit Your Account once you've received the confirmation e-mail from us.

If the package arrives afterwards and you do not wish to keep it, please refuse delivery of the parcel so it is returned to us by the carrier. If you have already taken delivery of the item we ask that you return it to us. (If the package arrives afterwards and you wish to keep it, let us know and we will be happy to recharge your payment card)

They thus refunded my money. Which is totally what I did not want.

I surely hope I get the set.
Old 01-07-11, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So basically they put it on a boat instead of a plane because of increased security and volume of mail. Wonderful.

I wish I could track the epic journey this blu-ray is making, lol.
Old 01-07-11, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
Damn thing will get here when it gets here.
This thread needs more of your perspective.
Old 01-07-11, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RobLutter
So basically they put it on a boat instead of a plane because of increased security and volume of mail. Wonderful.

Thousands of Battle Royale BDs heading across the Atlantic in a battle ship to conquer the US. Or simply defeat our patience.

FTW.
Old 01-07-11, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by TerryAlexFan
Scott, it's strange you got that message, maybe you were just teasing and messed with it, but here's mine, basically asking for the same thing (shipping refunded)
didn't mess with it at all. just copied and pasted. only xxxx out my name and order #.
Old 01-07-11, 03:27 PM

I just don't fucking understand how SO MANY PEOPLE'S blu-rays have gotten "lost in the mail".
Old 01-07-11, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by TheDuke
I just don't fucking understand how SO MANY PEOPLE'S blu-rays have gotten "lost in the mail".
i honestly don't think any are "lost". think just massively delayed as been stated and we will all get them in time.
Old 01-07-11, 03:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheDuke
Are some of you not reading this thread? They're not lost.
Old 01-07-11, 04:04 PM

Well yeah, I don't think they are lost in the mail, hence the quotes, but I feel like if I sailed in a rowboat across the Atlantic ocean and walked over and picked it up myself it would take less time!
Old 01-07-11, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think everyone should write Amazon UK and ask for refund whether we received the Battle Royale or not, just to punish someone else other than ourselves.
Old 01-07-11, 06:41 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RobLutter

pray that it doesn't hit an iceberg along the way
Old 01-07-11, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well a package addressed to the Homeland Security Secretary blew up in a DC post office, so I guess we'll never be getting any parcels delivered ever again.
Old 01-07-11, 07:37 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Oliver Clothesoff
Well a package addressed to the Homeland Security Secretary blew up in a DC post office, so I guess we'll never be getting any parcels delivered ever again.
was it from Amazon UK?
Old 01-07-11, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have a second (or technically now will be my first) copy coming to me on Monday due to friends and the fine folks at Scarecrow Video.

At this rate, I'm expecting my Amazon.co.uk order to arrive when hell freezes over.
Old 01-07-11, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I live in Maryland and when I saw this on the news first thing I thought was that my package was at that post office waiting to get sent to my post office and now I will never get it because of what happened.
Old 01-08-11, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Some interesting reading on Royal Mail's web site:

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...800088#1600085

Notice that items needed to be shipped by Dec. 10th to get here by Christmas....
Old 01-08-11, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine BR shipped 12/11/10 and has not arrived either. I also ordered Alien Anthology and it was dispatched 12/13/10 and I've not seen it either. Figured maybe my postman was getting passive aggressive and holding out on me. I think he hates me because he has to walk up to my house with packages all the time. I don't think I've ever had a package from Amazon UK or Amazon US get lost in the mail. Can't imagine twice in a row and with the same delay everybody else is experiencing.
Old 01-08-11, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by acubfaninmd
I live in Maryland and when I saw this on the news first thing I thought was that my package was at that post office waiting to get sent to my post office and now I will never get it because of what happened.
Same here. Our packages probably blew up along with it, amirite?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.