Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Battle Royale (Arrow Releasing)--October 2010?

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Battle Royale (Arrow Releasing)--October 2010?

Old 01-06-11, 04:54 PM

Re: Battle Royale (Arrow Releasing)--October 2010?

so how is it that Amazon can state a new receivement date, yet they supposedly dispatched them - did they outright lie to those of us who had ordered it, given that it looks like the whole alloted run is now 'sold out' - how exactly are they correcting this ??? I can't believe that they (Amazon.co.uk) save face after this fiasco, here in the States, the Better Business Bureau would up their ass' for processing folks credit cards and not delivering what was promised.
Old 01-06-11, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazon isn't lying about when they were shipped. The issue is with the UK Royal Mail service, which has been suffering from massive delays due to weather and the holidays. This has been stated numerous times throughout the thread.
Old 01-06-11, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What is the contact info for a refund on the shipping? I looked on the site and cant find an e-mail address
Old 01-06-11, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by doctorthodt View Post
Amazon isn't lying about when they were shipped. The issue is with the UK Royal Mail service, which has been suffering from massive delays due to weather and the holidays. This has been stated numerous times throughout the thread.
what a FULL MONTH and they can't sort it out - I got 'Bay of the Blood' during the inclement UK weather, which was 'supposedly' dispatched the same day, granted I also ordered some music from another UK store which I haven't received yet either, I can understand, but come on ....
Old 01-06-11, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by mhg83 View Post
What is the contact info for a refund on the shipping? I looked on the site and cant find an e-mail address
next to 'Your Account' in the upper right hand corner of the website is the 'Help' link

in the new page, on the right hand portion of the screen there is a box with "Get Express customer service or contact us by e-mail or phone."

your orders will pop up, and then you can write/send your message to them from that subpage.
Old 01-06-11, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Giles View Post
what a FULL MONTH and they can't sort it out - I got 'Bay of the Blood' during the inclement UK weather, which was 'supposedly' dispatched the same day, granted I also ordered some music from another UK store which I haven't received yet either, I can understand, but come on ....
If you're mad, be mad at Royal Mail, not Amazon. Amazon has passed the product along to the shipper, now it's the shipper's responsibility to get it to your doorstep. I can understand being mad, but blaming Amazon for unforeseen problems with the Royal Mail service is totally disingenuous.
Old 01-06-11, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by doctorthodt View Post
If you're mad, be mad at Royal Mail, not Amazon. Amazon has passed the product along to the shipper, now it's the shipper's responsibility to get it to your doorstep. I can understand being mad, but blaming Amazon for unforeseen problems with the Royal Mail service is totally disingenuous.
okay, so who at Royal Mail can I bitch to
Old 01-06-11, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

next to 'Your Account' in the upper right hand corner of the website is the 'Help' link

in the new page, on the right hand portion of the screen there is a box with "Get Express customer service or contact us by e-mail or phone."

your orders will pop up, and then you can write/send your message to them from that subpage.
Thanks
Old 01-06-11, 05:39 PM
Banned

Yeah, Amazon doesn't control the mail, anymore than you can...

I don't see what some of you don't understand about that.
Old 01-06-11, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo View Post
Yeah, Amazon doesn't control the mail, anymore than you can...

I don't see what some of you don't understand about that.
I just like flying off the handle and going all apeshit, since of the many orders I've gotten from the UK, only one's been officially lost in the mail, I'm just overreacting and think this will be #2
Old 01-06-11, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Boy, the way some people are going ballistic over a movie, I'd hate to see the reaction over something that is really important.
Old 01-06-11, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
Boy, the way some people are going ballistic over a movie, I'd hate to see the reaction over something that is really important.
like maybe put everybody on an island and have them fight to the death?
Old 01-06-11, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the concern comes from the fact that some have received their shipments from Amazon, but others have not.

If all of the copies were shipped out at the same time, December 10th - December 11th, how did a select few get theirs anywhere from one-to-two weeks ago and everybody else hasn't? This refers those who chose the basic shipping option and didn't pay extra for the express. If those few got through customs, why didn't the others?

Why can't the Brits just get their shit together for once and for all? It snows every winter there, why weren't they prepared? Just saying.
Old 01-06-11, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just like flying off the handle and going all apeshit, since of the many orders I've gotten from the UK, only one's been officially lost in the mail, I'm just overreacting and think this will be #2
I'm still waiting on a record I ordered in mid-December that cost me $80. I'm much more worried about that, but it's going to take me some time to get over this fiasco and order again from UK sellers.
Old 01-06-11, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
Old 01-06-11, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Dear Customer,
We are sorry to misinform you that we shipped your order due to the lack of communication with Arrow. We thought that the Battle Royale blu-rays would be at the 100,000 production output. It turns out someone in our dept. made a typo, and in fact the production output was only 10,000. We are sorting out this problem and will let you know as soon as possible. We will refund your money and will send you the second blu-ray version of Battle Royale in 2Q 2011.

Sincerely,
Spencer James
Amazon UK Home Video Production Dept.
Old 01-06-11, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Toddly, when did you place your order and does your order status say shipped? That sucks.
Old 01-06-11, 09:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
while I haven't bitched about this yet....

All I have to say is...you fuckers would die so quickly cuz there's no way you can defeat a man who'd rape Stallone and Trejo for fun...that man being me (for reference please visit The Expendables thread)
Old 01-06-11, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by toddly6666 View Post
Dear Customer,
We are sorry to misinform you that we shipped your order due to the lack of communication with Arrow. We thought that the Battle Royale blu-rays would be at the 100,000 production output. It turns out someone in our dept. made a typo, and in fact the production output was only 10,000. We are sorting out this problem and will let you know as soon as possible. We will refund your money and will send you the second blu-ray version of Battle Royale in 2Q 2011.

Sincerely,
Spencer James
It would really suck if you got this letter, and don't have a region free blu player as isn't the re release region B?
Old 01-06-11, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dear Customer,

Sincerely,
Spencer James
I assume (rather I hope) you never got a shipping confirmation email?

EDIT: Sorry, that sounds bad, Meant to say if they sent you that response, I'm assuming you never got a shipping confirmation in the first place?

Last edited by E Unit; 01-06-11 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-06-11, 09:35 PM

Misery loves company. My BR set hasn't arrived yet as well here in the Berkshires, of Massachusetts. Mine was allegedly shipped on December 12th. My INCEPTION briefcase took three weeks from Amazon.uk so I'm not too surprised.
Old 01-06-11, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So, I just officially had a wtf? moment. A poster I bought a week and a half ago and was shipped from Germany has arrived, but the almost 4 week old package from Amazon.co.uk hasn't. Wtf?

Last edited by jrsl76; 01-07-11 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-06-11, 11:34 PM
Banned

ok...so....who has one here?
Old 01-06-11, 11:44 PM

Dear Customer,

Sincerely,
Spencer James
That worries me, did you ever get a "Dispatched," notice?
Old 01-06-11, 11:54 PM
Reviewer Emeritus

Dear Customer,

Sincerely,
Spencer James
You forgot to tack a wink at the end there, bud.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.