Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Madonna: Sticky & Sweet Blu-Ray on March 30, 2010!

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 01-13-10, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is very exciting! Madonna's recent Sticky & Sweet tour is heading to Blu-Ray on March 30, 2010!

http://www.madonna.com/news/title/ma...-bluray-and-cd

January 12, 2010
Madonna’s ‘Sticky & Sweet’ Concert To Be Released March 30th On DVD, Blu-Ray And CD

LOS ANGELES, CA -- January 12, 2009 -- Madonna’s most recent stage extravaganza, the “Sticky & Sweet” concert, will be released on March 30th, it was announced today by Live Nation, the world’s largest live music company. “Sticky & Sweet”, which was produced by Live Nation, was the most successful tour by a solo artist in history and was seen by over 3.5 million fans in 32 countries around the world. The show, which will be distributed by Warner Bros Records, will be available on DVD, Blu-Ray and CD and will include many of the Material Girl’s hits from the course of her unprecedented career including, “4 Minutes,” “Like a Prayer,” “Hung Up” and “Ray of Light”. Filmed in Buenos Aires, over four days to a crowd exceeding 256,000 fans, the concert also includes a show stopping moment when Madonna performs a historic “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina” to a thunderous audience response from her Argentine fans. Also included are several hits from the multi-Grammy winner’s most recent CD “Hard Candy” which debuted at No. 1 in 37 countries. The DVD also includes 30 minutes of exclusive footage filmed behind the scenes during the course of the tour. “Part concert, part block party and all fun, there is still only one Madonna,” raved the Oakland Press in their review of the “Sticky & Sweet” Tour. “A night of triumph and defiance… A two hour multi-media juggernaut,” glowed the LA Times. “Our lady of perpetual motion…This may be the best tour she’s ever stitched together,” claimed the NY Post.
Old 01-14-10, 12:28 PM

Re: Madonna: Sticky & Sweet Blu-Ray on March 30, 2010!

I am excited about this Blu Ray release! I saw this show live and loved it!
Old 01-14-10, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

I wish they would release Confessions Tour on BD
Old 01-14-10, 10:29 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

^ I do too - that tour had a much better setlist.
Old 01-14-10, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldWhore'sDiet View Post
I am excited about this Blu Ray release! I saw this show live and loved it!
I like your username.
Old 01-19-10, 12:59 PM

I'm excited to see how the 'Like a Prayer' sequence translates over into the Blu Ray release. I was completely blown away by that number when seeing it at Madison Square Garden as it just goes nuts with the video screens and the lasers. So glad that this is finally getting released!
Old 04-06-10, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,420 Posts

So did anyone get this? The Amazon specs say it's 1.33: 1 but that can't be right, can it? Also this is yet another live release where the DVD comes with a bonus CD but the Blu version does not. Man, that's annoying. Anyway, I'm trying to decide DVD + CD for $14.99 or BR for $20.99. Tough call for me...
Old 04-06-10, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've got it but haven't had the chance to watch it yet.
I'll give it a go in a few days and tell ya!
Old 04-06-10, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
So did anyone get this? The Amazon specs say it's 1.33: 1 but that can't be right, can it? Also this is yet another live release where the DVD comes with a bonus CD but the Blu version does not. Man, that's annoying. Anyway, I'm trying to decide DVD + CD for $14.99 or BR for $20.99. Tough call for me...
I got it from Amazon when it was only $17.49, but I read somewhere that BB was selling it for $17.99, but that it's already backordered. Usually Amazon matches BB, so you might want to wait a day and check Amazon if you want the BD for less than $20.

The cd wasn't a factor for me, but it should have been included anyway.
Old 04-08-10, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt View Post
I like your username.
Thank you! I'm a Blu Ray/DVD whore and thems are my diet!

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
I got it from Amazon when it was only $17.49, but I read somewhere that BB was selling it for $17.99, but that it's already backordered. Usually Amazon matches BB, so you might want to wait a day and check Amazon if you want the BD for less than $20.

The cd wasn't a factor for me, but it should have been included anyway.
I pre ordered it from Amazon when it was at that price too. Mine shipped Monday, it should be here by Friday or Saturday but I'm kinda shocked it doesn't include the CD! What, what, what?!
Old 04-09-10, 11:44 PM

I got my Blu-ray from DeepDiscount for $16.99 (with free shipping, obviously). I too am a little bummed that the Blu doesn't come with the audio CD (as Amazon & DeepDiscount were originally advertising). I debated returning it for the DVD/CD combo, but I'd hate to have to hand back the first Madonna Blu. So I caved & bought the album on iTunes. I wasn't happy about that. That's an extra $14 I feel I shouldn't have had to spend. I don't get why the International Blu's get the audio CD but the American version doesn't. What's so hard about slapping an extra disc in there?! It's just an audio CD-- nothing fancy! And they're already doing it for the standard DVDs! It makes absolutely no sense.

Last edited by mattyp4; 04-09-10 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-10-10, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 143 Likes on 106 Posts

Can't wait to see a haggard skinny mama in HD. Maybe it'll be BD Live so I can blur her out and just watch her dancers. Or maybe that'll be a BD Live2 feature in 2012.
Old 04-10-10, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Can't wait to see a haggard skinny mama in HD. Maybe it'll be BD Live so I can blur her out and just watch her dancers. Or maybe that'll be a BD Live2 feature in 2012.
We watched it last night and Madonna looked great and the show and the blu were amazing, despite the less than stellar set-list.

She did have those freaky arms on full display. I'm not sure why keeping in great shape causes someone's arms to look so awful.
Old 04-12-10, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did anyone else know this is in 1080i? Why would they do that? Is the UK version the same and, if it's not and in 1080p, is it region free?

Thanks.