Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Bare-bones Blu-ray?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Bare-bones Blu-ray?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-13, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Bare-bones Blu-ray?

Originally Posted by JimRochester
Also my daughter does not have BR at school so when she is home the BR is fine, but when she is away at school or watching on her laptop, she needs the DVD.
Your daughter should be paying attention in class rather than watching DVDs at school...

Warner Bros. also has some extra-less releases, like "Dark Shadows" or "The Campaign" recently, you have the choice of the movie-only version, or the BD+DVD+DC version with all the extras.

True, I don't understand why you need a DVD copy if you have a BD player. I also think they should sell separately. BD only version, DVD only version, or a Digital Copy only version.
Old 02-25-13, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Bare-bones Blu-ray?

Actually she's a straight A student in an advanced program at a private college so I'll let her have some DVD time. Rather have her do that than out on the town.

Until BR players in cars and laptops become more common, or until streaming everywhere eclipses both, I'll change my original vote and go for the combo packs