Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Troma on Blu-ray

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Troma on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-10, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: Troma on Blu-ray

I finally got my shipping notification for Nuke 'Em High.
Class of Nuke 'Em High [Blu-ray]
Price on order date: $16.49
Price charged at shipping: $13.49
Lowest price before release date: $13.49
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $3.00
Old 06-02-10, 11:47 PM

http://bluinreview.blogspot.com/2010...ay-review.html
Old 06-22-10, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got tromeo and juliet today. It came out last week as scheduled and I'm pretty happy, I haven't been able to view it yet though.
Old 06-25-10, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Had this preordered since January... finally got this in the mail yesterday and swung by the apartment office to find my package had arrived... ... without the disc! Empty bubble wrap envelope! Argh! Luckily I called Amazon and I have another copy in my hand right now, fantastic service! I will be giving it a spin tonight.... it's good to hear that it's in the OAR of 1.33:1. I was getting worried (with the last Toxie release) that Troma was going to crop this. Excellent.
Old 06-25-10, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I read their are supposedly two versions of T&J on Blu. A one disc set and a two disc set. Any truth to that?
Old 06-25-10, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Eric D.
I read their are supposedly two versions of T&J on Blu. A one disc set and a two disc set. Any truth to that?
Huh? I know the newer DVD was a 2-disc set but I'm staring at the Blu-ray and it has all the extras and the film on a single BD.
Old 06-26-10, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by RobLutter
Huh? I know the newer DVD was a 2-disc set but I'm staring at the Blu-ray and it has all the extras and the film on a single BD.
Ah, you are correct. There was a discussion on the Amazon page for the Blu-ray, but I just noticed that it was dated 2008. Obviously, it's related to the DVD then.
Old 07-04-10, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just to give a heads up to those in Nevada/Arizona, Zia Records has the Troma Blu-rays on sale for $16.99. Okay, granted Amazon has had them for $14.99, but they're probably the cheapest (and only place) you can find them in a retail setting.

In fact, I had enough store credit to get both Class of Nuke 'Em High and Tromeo and Juliet for free.

I actually picked up the latter about a few minutes ago and ran into a co-worker at the same time. He read the packaging for it as he was curious to what I was buying and just slowly walked away from me. Oh Troma...

Now I just need to find Poultrygeist for cheap (or free).
Old 07-04-10, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love my Class of Nuke 'em High Blu-ray. It was the first Troma film I saw when I was in high school and it got me hooked.
Old 08-09-10, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just got an email from Deep Discount saying that they cancelled my order for "Surf Nazis Must Die" because "...the item(s) listed below have been discontinued by the manufacturer and are no longer available at this time. "

I had originally ordered this before the release was delayed until December. Is Deep Discount full of crap or did Troma really cancel this release?
Old 02-08-11, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mother's Day is set for May 10.
http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-Day-Bl...7145528&sr=1-8
Old 02-08-11, 12:19 AM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind
pre-ordered, great news!
Old 02-08-11, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

By May 10th, you mean we will get it by November 10th; right?
Old 03-07-11, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mother's Day has been pushed back to June 7th.
Old 06-04-11, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mother's Day has been pushed back to September 27th.
Old 06-04-11, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 327 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Peep
Just got an email from Deep Discount saying that they cancelled my order for "Surf Nazis Must Die" because "...the item(s) listed below have been discontinued by the manufacturer and are no longer available at this time. "

I had originally ordered this before the release was delayed until December. Is Deep Discount full of crap or did Troma really cancel this release?
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Troma waits until they have a larger order before having things pressed, this way they get more bang for their buck. I remember waiting 6 months for a copy of Cry Uncle half a decade or more ago.
Old 06-05-11, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mother's Day has been pushed back to September 27th.
Oh wow, here I was being an asshole joking about it not coming out until November and here Troma goes trying to prove me wrong.

No wonder Troma is in financial ruin. They can't even get their Blu-rays out in a timely fashion to people who want to buy them.
Old 06-05-11, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
No wonder Troma is in financial ruin. They can't even get their Blu-rays out in a timely fashion to people who want to buy them.
Troma is actually being smart here. They decided to delay the Blu-ray until the remake of MOTHER'S DAY has a new theatrical release date.
Old 06-05-11, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chris Lanphear
Troma is actually being smart here. They decided to delay the Blu-ray until the remake of MOTHER'S DAY has a new theatrical release date.
Then where's potential other releases? Where's The Toxic Avenger? Where's Terror Firmer? Cannibal: The Music? Troma titles that have a fanbase that exists outside of the Troma fanbase...

Fuck, where's the long-delayed Surf Nazis Must Die?

Blue Underground really only releases one title per month, but we know about almost all of the titles they're releasing for the remainder of the year.
Old 06-05-11, 07:36 PM

I bet they're holding onto the Toxic Avenger till the Hollywood version comes out. If that's the case I wouldn't mind because that leaves a chance for negotiation for some other authoring house to maybe put out the original with a decent transfer. I'd love to see what Toxie looks like properly cleaned up.
Old 09-23-11, 09:23 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

well Troma sucks, I'm going to quit even bothering to pay attention to them, Mothers Day blu-ray, which I pre-ordered in February and has been pushed back numerous times, now the September 27th date is gone and all thats left is "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available"
Old 09-23-11, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bse
well Troma sucks, I'm going to quit even bothering to pay attention to them, Mothers Day blu-ray, which I pre-ordered in February and has been pushed back numerous times, now the September 27th date is gone and all thats left is "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available"
I actually talked to the people at their table at Monster Mania last weekend and asked about it. They told me they have to wait until the theatrical release of the remake to street their blu ray and that it is done and essentially sitting around waiting for the remake to actually release as it was supposed to have been out by now.
Old 09-23-11, 09:55 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Troma shouldn't keep throwing out dates if they know they can't release it until the new one is released. I imagine this is the reason they always change distributors, as I know Mothers Day has been in the ADA catalog, taking orders, multiple times now - thats a quick way to burn a bridge with a distributor.
Old 09-23-11, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bse
Troma shouldn't keep throwing out dates if they know they can't release it until the new one is released. I imagine this is the reason they always change distributors, as I know Mothers Day has been in the ADA catalog, taking orders, multiple times now - thats a quick way to burn a bridge with a distributor.
I agree with that, though the remake has been scheduled a couple times already now if I'm not mistaken and pulled. At least I think so.
Old 09-24-11, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SethDLH
I agree with that, though the remake has been scheduled a couple times already now if I'm not mistaken and pulled. At least I think so.
Lol and the remake is already out on BD in Germany.

I don't get why the BD can't just be a troma store exclusive for now, and have it's wide release when the remake finally is finally released.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.