Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Will Batman Returns likely get an individual release next year?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-09, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my favorite of the 4 films, I hate the last 2, and I like the first one.

So, I really don't want to get the box set AND I'm reluctant to pick up the first one, in Digibook form, unless the sequel will be coming out too.

I also see that The Matrix only is available as a set or you can get the first film, but those films are much more dependent on seeing one film so that you can understand the others.

The Batman films kind of stand alone.

Then I've seen how the Star Trek set came out and it was only a short time before you could get individual releases.

Anyone have any "inside" info or just a sense of whether Batman Returns will be a 2010 release or if I'll have to plunk down the money for the whole set and hopefully figure out what to do with the last 2 films, because I will never watch them.

Thanks.
Old 10-24-09, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Will Batman Returns likely get an individual release next year?

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Anyone have any "inside" info or just a sense of whether Batman Returns will be a 2010 release or if I'll have to plunk down the money for the whole set and hopefully figure out what to do with the last 2 films, because I will never watch them.

Thanks.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Retur...6429899&sr=8-4

Copy available in the UK, non-region locked. You can look here (http://bluray.liesinc.net/index.php?region=b) and scroll down to Batman Returns for reassurance before purchasing.
Old 10-24-09, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Since Warner titles are region free, you can import it from the UK, which is what I did. It can be acquired from DVD.CO.UK for less than $20.
Old 10-24-09, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is my favorite of the 4 films, I hate the last 2, and I like the first one.

So, I really don't want to get the box set AND I'm reluctant to pick up the first one, in Digibook form, unless the sequel will be coming out too.

I also see that The Matrix only is available as a set or you can get the first film, but those films are much more dependent on seeing one film so that you can understand the others.

The Batman films kind of stand alone.

Then I've seen how the Star Trek set came out and it was only a short time before you could get individual releases.

Thanks.
I can't answer your question, but I can suggest importing the UK single disc version. You can probably find it for around $20 or so (try Amazon.uk) and if I remember correctly, somebody mentioned that Best Buy currently has the digibook version of the first film for $19.99. That's what I did a while back and I'm totally content.
Old 10-24-09, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for the replies, but I've stayed away from importing so far (other than a few Canadian titles) because I really don't understand the conflicting information that I've read about special features.

As it's been explained, anything in HD on a BD that is region free will play fine. But I've read from many people that special features that are in SD and in PAL will have issues with playback.

Yet I've read reviews of, say, Walk the Line for example, filled with SD special features in PAL and the reviewer says don't worry, everything plays fine on any US player.

I just don't get it and I spend so much on BDs here that I don't want to get burned.

Why is there these conflicting answers to the question of SD special features why would some work and some not? If they're PAL and SD, they're supposed to have playback issues?

Sorry, for making something that may seem easy for everyone else to understand, but this issue has plagued me. I mean, if it's region free and has SD, PAL special features that DO play, why have I read so many things that says they don't AND if they do play, why would anyone really care to wait for a US release?

Going back to that Walk The Line BD review I just read on Blu-ray.com, it was fully loaded and the pq and aq were great, the reviewer claimed everything played perfectly on any US player, so why would anyone who wanted that title wait for a US release? Unless there were issues with the SD and Pal special features?

Thanks.

PS-And without complete reviews like we get here are on Blu-ray.com, how do you feel comfortable ordering an import not knowing if the pq is good or if the audio is lossy or not AND without a list of the special features that the disc has or doesn't have, not to mention whether they're in HD or SD Pal and will or won't be able to be viewed?

Last edited by dolphinboy; 10-24-09 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-24-09, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by applesandrice
I can't answer your question, but I can suggest importing the UK single disc version. You can probably find it for around $20 or so (try Amazon.uk) and if I remember correctly, somebody mentioned that Best Buy currently has the digibook version of the first film for $19.99. That's what I did a while back and I'm totally content.
Also, why would you have gotten the digi-book for the first film and import only the 2nd film, when you could have gotten both 1 and 2 in matching cases by importing them both?

Thanks.
Old 10-24-09, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Then I've seen how the Star Trek set came out and it was only a short time before you could get SOME individual releases.
Fixed....
You can only get 2, 4, 6, and 8 individually.....you can also get 3 in a "Trilogy" set with 2 & 4....but you can only currently get 1, 5, 7, 9, and 10 in their respective box sets.....
Old 10-24-09, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

why does this guy feel the need to post "FIXED" and then highlight the FIXED part of an Original Posters question and be so rude in the way he does it. this guy does this to everyone and its just so mean spirited the way he posts his responses.

a simple response would be to state the straight forward fact like this" at this time only select st titles are availble individually" not this bs where he is sarcasticly correcting what someone else in there orginal quote.
Originally Posted by WMAangel
Fixed....
You can only get 2, 4, 6, and 8 individually.....you can also get 3 in a "Trilogy" set with 2 & 4....but you can only currently get 1, 5, 7, 9, and 10 in their respective box sets.....
Old 10-24-09, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fixed....
It is kind of rude and if you're going to pick my post apart, it's not like I used the word ALL either. So my sentence is technically accurate. You can get individual releases.

Thanks for contributing positively to the thread.
Old 10-24-09, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
why does this guy feel the need to post "FIXED" and then highlight the FIXED part of an Original Posters question and be so rude in the way he does it. this guy does this to everyone and its just so mean spirited the way he posts his responses.

a simple response would be to state the straight forward fact like this" at this time only select st titles are availble individually" not this bs where he is sarcasticly correcting what someone else in there orginal quote.
I don't know...why does this guy always feel an uncontrollable need to comment on almost every single one of my posts even after he asked me not to ever reply to any of his posts over a month ago??
Please, do explain yourself, I've been asking you this over and over again for weeks now, but you never give an answer....
Old 10-24-09, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It is kind of rude and if you're going to pick my post apart, it's not like I used the word ALL either. So my sentence is technically accurate. You can get individual releases.
No, you didn't use the word all, but considering you can only get 4 out of 10 films individually, then it has not yet been "only a short time" before you can get a majority of the series separately....just wanted to point that out as I have seen more than one user on this site think that all of them have been released individually...there was even a very recent thread about it in the main DVD Talk forum....

Sorry if you felt it was rude (obviously not my intention as I have no beef with you, unlike a certain other poster here), but lots of people here use "fixed" to correct info in others posts as well as in a humorous sense...I'll be sure to put the in there next time so you can see I meant no ill will....
Old 10-25-09, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thats a laugh i have maybe replied to what 2 other items you posted, since that time (just a little over dramatic i would say on your part)
and even after i asked you not to respond to me cause you cant simply write a response to a question with out being rude, you still continued to poke and poke and poke in my OWN thread.

Besides didnt YOU also say YOU put me on your ignore list. since iam obviously not on your ignore list perhaps reread what i wrote and you will see that i was not asking for a response from YOU, especially considering the fact you supposedly had me on ignore.
Last i checked i can make an observation and comment and ask others why someone feels the need to be rude to a person who did nothing to warrent you being rude to them.

oh and for the record once again the reason why i asked you not respond to my comment that time was cause you had done the same exact thing to me as you did dolphin with changing my quote and writing fixed. your the one who said i was going on your ignore list, i dont put people on ignore.
I was not disrepectful or childish or calling names in my post.
heres crossing my fingers you really do ignore me this time.
I don't know...why does this guy always feel an uncontrollable need to comment on almost every single one of my posts even after he asked me not to ever reply to any of his posts over a month ago??
Please, do explain yourself, I've been asking you this over and over again for weeks now, but you never give an answer....

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 10-25-09 at 04:14 AM.