DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Unable to play Snow White Blu-ray (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/562726-unable-play-snow-white-blu-ray.html)

AmityBoatTours 10-07-09 09:47 PM

Re: Unable to play Snow White Blu-ray

I to noticed the load time for snow white was much longer than any other bluray i ever havd played the first time i put it in. but i think it has to do with the menu system, (which how cool is it that it remembers what you have allready seen and makes suggetions as to what you should view next) putting it in now the load time was a bit quicker though

slurpee40oz 10-07-09 10:20 PM

I am having the same problem playing the SW blu-ray. I have a Pioneer BD 120 and I did have an update for firmware, but still nothing. I haven't had any problems with any other discs before but I'm not really sure what to do. I have never really used my BD live feature before, so I don't know if I need to do something with that or what, but it has been very frustrating trying to get it to play. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Giles 10-07-09 10:24 PM

I tested my copy of Snow White on my LG BD 390 and I didn't have any probs with the film disc loading up.

rexinnih 10-11-09 08:38 AM

I have an older Samsung BD-P1400 and needed to do a new firmware upgrade to get it to play also. Still had difficulty getting it started in Disney view mode but finally got it going by selecting the first chapter in scene selections rather than keep pressing Play. Time for a new player anyway...............

Gizmo 10-11-09 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Giles (Post 9758865)
I tested my copy of Snow White on my LG BD 390 and I didn't have any probs with the film disc loading up.

Did Disneyview work for you? Id only get the left hand 'drawing' and rarely th right (or it would show for a few seconds).

The Monkees 10-11-09 01:18 PM

I've only ever had 2 really bad problems in the almost 3 years since I've had my BD player. The first was when I got the original Halloween on BD and it wouldn't play, I did a firmware update and it worked. Then when I got Zombie Strippers. I played it once no problem, then when I went to play it again weeks later it wouldn't load, then my BD player wouldn't play anything at all. I had a big problem there, I can't remember what I did but I got it working again.

I very rarely have problems with my BD player.

munch 10-12-09 07:10 AM

My Snow White won't play in my LG BH200. I have the latest firmware. It takes me to a screen where I can select my language, then it goes black.

darkdaze73 10-12-09 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by munch (Post 9767980)
My Snow White won't play in my LG BH200. I have the latest firmware. It takes me to a screen where I can select my language, then it goes black.

yeah, I was getting ready to post the same thing. I messed with it for a good 20 min. last night but could not get it to load. I may check today to see if there are any new updates since they added BDLive support. I did get it to load part of the main screen(you could see everything but the mirror on the left hand side), but it was acting like there was some really bad lag.

I ended up watching it on my ps3 with no problems. Watched it with Disneyview w/o a hitch.

Gizmo 10-12-09 10:19 AM

LG is working on an update to fix Disney BDs. Seems to be an issue with them lately on the BH200.

bd...? 10-13-09 08:01 PM

I have the Pioneer BDP 120 and its not playing. Ive updated firmware etc but nothing but a blank screen. Any suggestions?

slurpee40oz 10-13-09 08:47 PM

I have the Pioneer BDP 120 and its not playing. Ive updated firmware etc but nothing but a blank screen. Any suggestions?
I have the same model and did the firmware update but it still wouldn't play either. I called Pioneer and they said they'd let their engineers know about the problem with the title and that I'd have to wait until the next firmware update for the problem to be fixed. They didn't give any real time frame, but the guy said it is possible for it to take at least a month before the next update is available.

bd...? 10-13-09 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by slurpee40oz (Post 9771811)
I have the same model and did the firmware update but it still wouldn't play either. I called Pioneer and they said they'd let their engineers know about the problem with the title and that I'd have to wait until the next firmware update for the problem to be fixed. They didn't give any real time frame, but the guy said it is possible for it to take at least a month before the next update is available.

Blah..ok

bd...? 10-18-09 12:59 AM

update...bought the slime PS3 and wow it works..lol

Kory 10-18-09 10:20 AM

http://paorta.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/slimer.jpg

bd...? 10-21-09 03:12 PM

meant slim..whoops

theycallmebee 10-24-09 03:14 PM

At first we kept getting a black screen for this! It does play!!! Thanks to all users on here for their comments! My son did not know we had to upgrade the blu ray player! It's done via the player, no software required! After about three mintues of upgrading it played!!! UPGRADE YOUR BLU RAY PLAYER! :)

rjpoor 10-22-10 01:00 PM

Had the same problem with Jonah Hex on a LG BD390 - it came up with a "check disk" error and wouldn't load. In set up I changed the BD Live to "Prohibited" and also cleared the internal memory. And it worked! I think clearing the memory was the thing that helped.

ChristopherS 10-23-10 09:26 AM

I'm thinking about buying a bluray player soon, does it have to be this complicated? I am just looking to watch discs, I don't care about internet connection, talking to directors, 3D, etc.

TomOpus 10-23-10 09:43 AM

Your player will have firmware updates periodically. Some people never update and have said they don't have problems. Having an internet connection makes it easier/quicker to do the updates...either directly to the player or by downloading the update to your computer and saving to a disc to do the update. Or you can always have the manufacturer send you the update (not sure if all of them do this). But that takes time.

So... regardless of any extra stuff that might be related to Blu-ray extras, you should have an internet connection just to make life easier for you.