Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator Salvation Dec 1st

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Terminator Salvation Dec 1st

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-09, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Terminator Salvation Dec 1st

Originally Posted by anomynous
It's getting one in the UK, Germany, Poland, and supposed to be in Canada
let me re-phrase...

this needs a US released steelbook
Old 09-09-09, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
let me re-phrase...

this needs a US released steelbook
Oh, well not going to happen

Not enough market for them here
Old 09-09-09, 11:31 PM

Oh, well not going to happen

Not enough market for them here
Then they wouldn't have to make that many.
Old 09-10-09, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Who's releasing the UK steelbook?
Old 09-10-09, 08:01 PM

I actually liked this film. It was no where near as great as the first two, but I thought it was a more enjoyable film than T3.

YOu just have to keep in mind that T3 and Salvation are all done by a new group of writers, directors, producers and cast. Yes its the same story, but its a different vision.

I hope the featurettes are substantial. I'm still disappointed over the "Friday the 13th" remake release.
Old 09-10-09, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
Who's releasing the UK steelbook?
Play UK, it's a web exclusive, and they don't ship to the US
Old 09-10-09, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Play UK, it's a web exclusive, and they don't ship to the US
Damn.
Old 09-10-09, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
It's getting silly Warner won't do seamless branching....but IIRC the reason why the remake of F13 was not like that was because it had two different audio mixes.
Which is ironic considering the way "Maximum Movie Mode" works is due to that of seamless branching.
Old 09-12-09, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Can somone shed some light on how the Maximum Movie mode works? I haven't picked up Watchmen yet, so I haven't seen how it works.

So, is this just a glorified commentary track with McG on camera talking about the movie as it's playing?
Old 09-12-09, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
Can somone shed some light on how the Maximum Movie mode works? I haven't picked up Watchmen yet, so I haven't seen how it works.

So, is this just a glorified commentary track with McG on camera talking about the movie as it's playing?
Based off the only title that uses this feature, Watchmen, it works in three ways using three different techniques:

- The seamless branching portion is used when the director comes out to talk about the film. During these portions he can pause, rewind, fast forward, and slo-mo the film. In Watchmen, there's no more than 35 minutes worth of this footage. I wish there were more as it is a cool feature, but the way Warner implemented this is very seamless.

- The IME portion (i.e. PIP) for when the director isn't on screen playing with the film. Using Watchmen as the example, there's about the same amount worth of this footage.

- Extended branching are used to throw in "focal points." These can be used as featurettes (Watchmen had around 45 minutes worth) along with multiple still galleries.

If you choose every option the Watchmen Blu-ray gives you, it'll take more than four hours to go through it.

Universal used "similar" technology for the Fast and Furious Blu-ray, but it didn't work as seamless as Warner's use (i.e. they used extended branching).
Old 09-12-09, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can give you another idea how the mode works.
The director stands in front of a green screen. On the green screen you can see two frames. On the left is the film playing as normal. On the right is the behind the scenes, SFX or what have you. Every now and again the director might stop the film screen and the BTS footage will go full screen and his commentary may/may not continue.
I have watch a bit from my Watchman BD and quite liked it. It really is a bit of everything.
Old 09-14-09, 01:59 AM

Salvation wasn't perfect by any means, in fact there are many flaws and negatives that can easily be pointed out, however it was at least a breath of fresh air after the terrible T3. I'll be buying the DVD, but I never plan on getting T3 as I like to think it never existed.
Old 10-08-09, 06:12 PM

The BBFC lists the movie on Blu-Ray as 2 hours and ~2 minutes

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...7?OpenDocument

02:01:36:13 TERMINATOR SALVATION (FEATURE WITH PICTURE-IN-PICTURE COMMENTARY)
I don't understand This can't be the theatrical cut, and the directors cut is supposed to be 117 minutes and does not feature the PiP bonus...

For what it's worth, all other movies that are described as "(FEATURE WITH PICTURE-IN-PICTURE COMMENTARY)" at bbfc are the correct length, so why is this 7 minutes longer? (the PiP footage is supposedly 40 or so minutes, so it can't be that)
Old 10-08-09, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Labor
The BBFC lists the movie on Blu-Ray as 2 hours and ~2 minutes

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...7?OpenDocument

I don't understand This can't be the theatrical cut, and the directors cut is supposed to be 117 minutes and does not feature the PiP bonus...

For what it's worth, all other movies that are described as "(FEATURE WITH PICTURE-IN-PICTURE COMMENTARY)" at bbfc are the correct length, so why is this 7 minutes longer? (the PiP footage is supposedly 40 or so minutes, so it can't be that)
Maybe the director "pauses the film" and points things out at certain points on the PiP...after all, it is being labeled as the same as the Watchmen one was....
Old 10-12-09, 06:45 AM

The Blu-Ray version gets it all. A nice range of special features, and a awesome cover art design. Mean while the DVD comes with 1 disc with little to no special features and a crap cover. I guess the studio is doing this because maybe "high definition video" isn't enough to make people upgrade if the DVD version contains the same amount of content to its BR counterpart. Now the advantages are as follows.. HD picture, un-compressed sound, a range of special features, the directors cut version which adds 20 minutes to the running-time and a better look to the case. 3 discs is obviously better then 1..
Old 10-12-09, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by T-900
The Blu-Ray version gets it all. A nice range of special features, and a awesome cover art design. Mean while the DVD comes with 1 disc with little to no special features and a crap cover. I guess the studio is doing this because maybe "high definition video" isn't enough to make people upgrade if the DVD version contains the same amount of content to its BR counterpart. Now the advantages are as follows.. HD picture, un-compressed sound, a range of special features, the directors cut version which adds 3 minutes to the running-time and a better look to the case. 3 discs is obviously better then 1..
Fixed.
Old 10-12-09, 06:57 AM

Oh its only 3 mins? Must of reed it wrong. Anyway, at least the DVD version gives viewers a choice between watching the full screen or widescreen versions. Sure most will go wide screen, but to those naysayers about "black bars" getting in the way well, they have a alternate option.
Old 10-12-09, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by T-900
Oh its only 3 mins? Must of reed it wrong. Anyway, at least the DVD version gives viewers a choice between watching the full screen or widescreen versions. Sure most will go wide screen, but to those naysayers about "black bars" getting in the way well, they have a alternate option.
No, you didn't read wrong. There is just a frustrating lack of correct information regarding this cut. Some places claim 135 minutes, some claim 20 minutes extra added but the press release and back of the case both indicate only 3 minutes added. I'm pretty positive it's only 3 minutes put back into the movie (the topless scene and a quick shot of violence that were removed to get a PG-13). All of the officially released information indicate this. I just hope I'm wrong.
Old 10-22-09, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

The back cover is up on dvdempire and it says this will have a 5.1 DTS-HD audio track.
Old 11-05-09, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not 135 minutes, I'm watching the DC Blu right now. It's 3 minutes longer.

The movie looks good, but not a substantially changed film.
Old 11-21-09, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Just picked up a Blu-Ray Terminator: Salvation Steelbook in Singapore. Will update with pix once I'm at the hotel.

UPDATE: Okay. So I have a sucky camera. I couldn't get a decent picture of the Steelbook still wrapped up. Hell, I couldn't take decent pix of it without the plastic! Whatever. Just noticed that Sony released it out here. Was it released in the States under Sony? The Steelbook also came with an "A3 Size Artcard Poster". I haven't opened it but the thing is pretty big.

Wrapped Up:

Unwrapped:

Front:

Inside:

Back:

Theatrical & Director's Cut.
Re-Forging The Future Featurette
The Moto-Termintaor Featurette
Maximum Movie Mode with director McG.
English DTS-HD
Portuguese DTS-HD
Chinese, Spanish, Thai 5.1 Dolby Digital
Region Code: A, B, C
Old 11-21-09, 08:20 AM

Directors Cut differences

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=4991440

Nothing major. More violence throughout the movie, and the added Marcus and Blair scenes should fix the sloppy editing the theatrical versions had (where the footage was obviously cut).

Supposedly the original ending deleted scene is shown in the Maximum Movie Mode
Old 11-21-09, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

looks like Target will get the 2 disc directors cut version on DVD w/30 min worth of extras and a digital copy. I assume the blu has more features correct?
Old 11-21-09, 07:59 PM

Not sure if anybody seen this. Bought this at FYE today.
Terminator Salvation: The Machinima Series

Old 11-25-09, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for posting that. I was gonna order it from Amazon at $6.50 but if FYE has it for $4.99 I'll stop by and pick it up.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.