Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Warner's BD-Live offers downloading alternative to its streaming video problem

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-09, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Popped in "The Dark Knight" tonight to see if any new extra content had been added, and there's a new bonus:

Turns out Warner has added a "WB Media Manager" feature, which allows the user to download the videos to the player's hard drive (if applicable, of course) in addition to simply streaming the video. This might be an alternative created because of the constant buffering problems with the streaming.

I downloaded the three behind-the-scenes featurettes (two on the score, the other on the sounds of the BatPod) and they play without being a small window on the screen like before. They now fill it like a regular video would.
Old 06-12-09, 06:52 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Re: Warner's BD-Live offers downloading alternative to its streaming video problem

Nice find, thanks. I imagine that the PS3 accepts downloads for this, will try to remember to check tonight when I get home.
Old 06-12-09, 08:39 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Warner's BD-Live offers downloading alternative to its streaming video problem

I've only used BD-Live a few times but when I did I always downloaded the material. I didn't even know streaming was an option.
Old 06-12-09, 08:39 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

I've only used BD-Live a few times but when I did I always downloaded the material. I didn't even know streaming was an option.
Old 06-12-09, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
Nice find, thanks. I imagine that the PS3 accepts downloads for this, will try to remember to check tonight when I get home.
The PS3 stores the downloaded content in its BD Data Utility, under "Shared Cache Data".

You can't do anything with it other than find out the information or delete it, but that's where the files are located.

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
It was the only option for Warner, which was a big problem for users because the buffering of the streaming video took forever and only buffered a few seconds of video at a time, regardless of internet speed.