Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Rocky Collection Being Prepared for Holiday Release

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Rocky Collection Being Prepared for Holiday Release

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-09, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Rocky Collection Being Prepared for Holiday Release

but isnt the 52.49 price the price after the 30percent off?
Originally Posted by The Monkees
You can also preorder it through Best Buy.com for $52.49 right now while their 30% off deal is going on, that's what I did.
Old 10-30-09, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by WMAangel
You can pre-order this at Amazon or Best Buy right now for only $52.49...that's only $8.75 a film....OR, it will be $54.99 at BB on Tuesday according to their ad....
You can also preorder it through Best Buy.com for $52.49 right now while their 30% off deal is going on, that's what I did.
Echo....echo....echo.....
Old 10-30-09, 06:00 PM

You can pre-order this at Amazon or Best Buy right now for only $52.49...that's only $8.75 a film.......
You mean $10.49 per film, beacuse I still refuse to acknowledge Rocky V's right to exist.
Old 10-30-09, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Echo....echo....echo.....
My fault, I thought it just said Amazon.
Old 10-30-09, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Has it been verified that all the extras for the SD 2-disc Rocky is NOT going to be included on the Rocky disc (that it's the same disc available now) AND that Rocky Balboa will be the same as the individual Rocky Balboa BD, with the same extras? Thanks.

Honestly, only 5 is almost unwatchable to me. 3 and 4 I didn't and don't consider good movies, but they have a cheesy fun quality to them, especially since I grew up with these movies.

Rocky's 1 and 2 I love. Rocky Balboa was surprisingly good. Rocky 3 and 4 are just good fun. Not bad for 5 films in a series.

Too bad they didn't care enough to REALLY make this a great set by redoing Rocky 1 and putting extras on 2-5.

I will pick this up eventually, but need to see reviews for the pq and aq and see if there are some extras included that haven't been mentioned.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 10-31-09 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-30-09, 11:15 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Copper Blue
You mean $10.49 per film, beacuse I still refuse to acknowledge Rocky V's right to exist.
I love your commentary on that.
Old 10-30-09, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They might have backed off on this being a truly ultimate release since, it was officially announced a few weeks ago that Stallone is going to write and direct another Rocky Movie after he shoots Rambo 5 next year. thus saving some special features for a latter set, and as has been mentioned before mgm does seem to put out various rocky box sets every other year or so going back to the vhs days
Old 10-30-09, 11:40 PM
Banned

What the fuck else do we want from Rocky? It's done and over. Balboa was a great send off to the character.
Old 10-30-09, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Who knows but its comming in a few years. Supposedly Rocky might not even get in the ring at all in the film. who knows though its still a ways off for now its in planning stages but who knows.
Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
What the fuck else do we want from Rocky? It's done and over. Balboa was a great send off to the character.
Old 10-31-09, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
They might have backed off on this being a truly ultimate release since, it was officially announced a few weeks ago that Stallone is going to write and direct another Rocky Movie after he shoots Rambo 5 next year. thus saving some special features for a latter set, and as has been mentioned before mgm does seem to put out various rocky box sets every other year or so going back to the vhs days
Completely untrue.
Old 10-31-09, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42855

also, i've been meaning to tell you that you're supposed to put your replies underneath not over the quote. so that when people read what you have to say they'll be able to put it in context by reading what you quoted first.
Old 10-31-09, 08:39 AM
Banned

You should know by now that we don't do that....well some of us. I do..but some of us don't.
Old 10-31-09, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 486 Likes on 348 Posts

Pretty sure Stallone has said repeatedly he is done with Rocky.
Old 10-31-09, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

sorry but i dont read Aint it cool news. It was widely reported that it was officially confirmed.
Obviously though stallones publicist would know,but then again being HIS PUBLICIST she should have also reported this to CREDENTIALED news sites aswell.

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Completely untrue.

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 10-31-09 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-31-09, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry but i dont read Aint it cool news. It was widely reported that it was officially confirmed.
Obviously though stallones publicist would know,but then again being HIS PUBLICIST she should have also reported this to CREDENTIALED news sites aswell.
It's been debunked by every news site I frequent.
Old 10-31-09, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stallone and Aint-it-Cool are buddies anyways. He was posting there for a while answering people's questions and he sends Harry exclusive info pretty often. Rocky 7 ain't gonna happen.
Old 10-31-09, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well reading the article it doesnt even look like he was sent that info from stallone, it looks as though they just happened to stumble along his publicists blog. The point iam getting at was she obviously isnt doing her job as publicist if she doesnt notify LEGIT news outlets that have via their entertainment divisions have reported the original story. couple along with the recent cofirmations of movies such as Mad max, Men in Black III and of course Rambo 5, its not that unfathomable to some one who doesnt frequent aintitcoolnews or the like that it is indeed possible that he decided to give another go at a Rocky story. The blog obviously lets us know thats the case,but just saying if the person who represented me bothered to write a blog debunking a story the least she could also do was to let other news outlets know as well.

In any case going back to my original post which was about the bluray set.
I was just giving a possible reason as to why MGM might not be making this set an ultimate collection of special features, based on what i had read about a 7th movie. I did not mean it to dive into a gang up on me for posting info that I had read in a legitimate news publication.

Originally Posted by RyoHazuki
Stallone and Aint-it-Cool are buddies anyways. He was posting there for a while answering people's questions and he sends Harry exclusive info pretty often. Rocky 7 ain't gonna happen.
Old 10-31-09, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Has it been verified that all the extras for the SD 2-disc Rocky is NOT going to be included on the Rocky disc (that it's the same disc available now) AND that Rocky Balboa will be the same as the individual Rocky Balboa BD, with the same extras? Thanks.
I was under the assumption that disc 7 is all the special features from the 2 disc Rocky CE and that there are no special features on any of the others including Rocky Balboa. I may be wrong but that's what I've read, which is ridiculous because they went out of their way to remove all the special features from Rocky Balboa.

It boggles my mind that they keep doing this. Stallone has said he would love to have special editions of Rocky II - V and yet Fox/MGM keeps on releasing the same crap over and over again.
Old 10-31-09, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If they truly have dropped the rocky balboa special features then i will be swaping out my rocky balboa disc with the one my original rocky balboa blu
I was under the assumption that disc 7 is all the special features from the 2 disc Rocky CE and that there are no special features on any of the others including Rocky Balboa. I may be wrong but that's what I've read, which is ridiculous because they went out of their way to remove all the special features from Rocky Balboa.

It boggles my mind that they keep doing this. Stallone has said he would love to have special editions of Rocky II - V and yet Fox/MGM keeps on releasing the same crap over and over again.
Old 10-31-09, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If they truly have dropped the rocky balboa special features then i will be swaping out my rocky balboa disc with the one my original rocky balboa blu
Same here.
Old 11-01-09, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

My Best Buy had this set out today. I was going to wait, but since they had signs up for 30% off Blu-Rays, I picked it up.

Both Rocky and Rocky Balboa are the same as the previously released discs. So Balboa does have all the extras it had previously. This does mean, though, that they also have their original disc art, so 1&6 don't match the other discs in the set. Not really that big of a deal.

Also, all the features from the 2006 2-disc SE of Rocky are included, EXCEPT for the 3 commentaries. So I guess I'll have to hang onto my DVD for those. The features included are on the 7th, 'bonus' disc.

Last edited by Bob_Bobbson; 11-01-09 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Typo, Clarification
Old 11-01-09, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Bob_Bobbson
Both Rocky and Rocky Balboa are the same as the previously released discs. So Balboa does have all the extras it had previously. This does mean, though, that they also have their original disc art, so 1&6 don't match the other discs in the set. Not really that big of a deal.

Thanks for the confirmation!!!
I don't give a crap about the mismatched disc art for RB....I am just glad it retains the bonus features and now I can ditch my standalone disc...really didn't want to have to keep another disc around just for the extras, especially since I already have to keep the Rocky SE DVD for the commentaries...
Old 11-01-09, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bob_Bobbson
My Best Buy had this set out today. I was going to wait, but since they had signs up for 30% off Blu-Rays, I picked it up.

Also, all the features from the 2006 2-disc SE of Rocky are included, EXCEPT for the 3 commentaries. So I guess I'll have to hang onto my DVD for those. The features included are on the 7th, 'bonus' disc.
That's good to hear. Mine shipped out on Friday so hopefully I'll have it tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. That sucks I was hoping to be able to sell my 2 disc Rocky DVD but guess I have to keep it. Maybe one of these years Fox/MGM will get it right with these movies.
Old 11-01-09, 10:03 PM

this was already out at my Best Buy today. (Auburn Hills, MI)
Old 11-01-09, 11:48 PM

Do not care for all of those commentaries for Rocky, seems like a really solid set to get. I will be purchasing this probably around the holidays.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.