Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-09, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

From a poster at Blu-ray.com (Post #368):

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=96148&page=19

Just got off the phone with red2blu CSR. She said the e-mail is worded very poorly. We are still getting the Casablanca UE, it will just not be shrink wrapped. They expect the orders to be out by the end of the week.
If so, the email isn't just poorly worded. It's completely wrong. I do hope this new information is correct.
Old 07-22-09, 06:38 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Has anybody who had both casablanca and matrix in their order called and tried to get both free. My email said I'd only be getting casablanca.
Old 07-22-09, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just called them up to clarify...

Seems the email was just poorly worded with zero communication between who sent it and the customer service reps. He said the Casablanca WAS the Ultimate Collector's Edition and the only thing the email needed to convey was that they were shipping it unshinked and therefore free.

Also a funfact that he divulged... there were 1300 orders of Casablanca in the first 2 weeks of the promotion (as opposed to the 50-100 for the rest of the titles apparently). Which is why it's taken so long to get them. I find that understandable.

I also mentioned that people had received the same email about (EDIT, dur) The Matrix but I'm guessing it is one or the other as far as getting them free go.

Should be shipping today or tomorrow apparently.

Last edited by RobLutter; 07-22-09 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-22-09, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by RobLutter
Just called them up to clarify...

Seems the email was just poorly worded with zero communication between who sent it and the customer service reps. He said the Casablanca WAS the Ultimate Collector's Edition and the only thing the email needed to convey was that they were shipping it unshinked and therefore free.

Also a funfact that he divulged... there were 1300 orders of Casablanca in the first 2 weeks of the promotion (as opposed to the 50-100 for the rest of the titles apparently). Which is why it's taken so long to get them. I find that understandable.

I also mentioned that people had received the same email about Casablanca but I'm guessing it is one or the other as far as getting them free go.

Should be shipping today or tomorrow apparently.
Well, if that's the case, the email I sent them makes me sound like a dick. Oh well, they should have done a better job explaining themselves. I'm not 100% convinced, but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Last edited by Perfect Tommy; 07-23-09 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-22-09, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by RobLutter
That makes the delay understandable, but it's difficult to believe there were that many orders for it, as it wasn't a very big seller on HDdvd.
Old 07-23-09, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by slop101
That makes the delay understandable, but it's difficult to believe there were that many orders for it, as it wasn't a very big seller on HDdvd.
But wasn't it given away as one of the 5 free with buying a player? Seems to me like there would be plenty of them out there.
Old 07-23-09, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jiggyblau
But wasn't it given away as one of the 5 free with buying a player? Seems to me like there would be plenty of them out there.
Yes, I received Casablanca as a FREE HD-DVD

I also received the e-mail it was deceiving. They made it sound like I was getting a DISC only, in which I replied to give me my cover-art back for my HD-DVD They said it was not possible and I would be getting a case and coverart.

Last edited by DJ_Longfellow; 07-23-09 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-23-09, 09:05 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dj_longfellow
yes, i received casablanca as a free hd-dvd
+1
Old 07-23-09, 04:45 PM
Defunct Account

I called yesterday and talked to a nice rep for a while about the Casablanca e-mail. She had not heard of the e-mail at the time and talked to her supervisor who said that the e-mail may be incorrect. (The supervisor had received a notice that the Ultimate Editions would be sent out, and a note that they would only send the Blu-ray disc.)

She just called me now (!) to say that things have been cleared up on her end and that everyone who ordered it would get a Blu-ray copy of Casablanca for free, but it would not be the Ultimate Edition. She said that they do not have any of the UEs to send out at all and that they would not be getting any more in.
Old 07-23-09, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yet you can go to any Best Buy and see a minimum of 3-4 collecting dust.
Old 07-23-09, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by dan30oly
Yet you can go to any Best Buy and see a minimum of 3-4 collecting dust.
So true. There's so little precious shelf space there as it is...to see those behemoths taking up so much room is a shame.
Old 07-24-09, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by John Sinnott
I called yesterday and talked to a nice rep for a while about the Casablanca e-mail. She had not heard of the e-mail at the time and talked to her supervisor who said that the e-mail may be incorrect. (The supervisor had received a notice that the Ultimate Editions would be sent out, and a note that they would only send the Blu-ray disc.)

She just called me now (!) to say that things have been cleared up on her end and that everyone who ordered it would get a Blu-ray copy of Casablanca for free, but it would not be the Ultimate Edition. She said that they do not have any of the UEs to send out at all and that they would not be getting any more in.
What a mess...I wonder what they will be sending out? I was under the assumption it was the UE just unshrinkwrapped. Now, it sounds like a disc only version. Although when I asked, they also said we would get disc art and a case.
Old 07-24-09, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So my credit card was just charged $6 from red2blu for the "complimentary" Matrix Blu-Ray...

Last time I checked, complimentary meant free....oh well, I'm happy to be done with this horrible ordeal.
Old 07-24-09, 10:28 AM
bub

Originally Posted by discostu1337
So my credit card was just charged $6 from red2blu for the "complimentary" Matrix Blu-Ray...

Last time I checked, complimentary meant free....oh well, I'm happy to be done with this horrible ordeal.
Why am I NOT surprised?

If you look up 'how NOT to run a promotion' in the dictionary, there is a picture of red2blu.

I'm not giving up even though I'm very tired of this ordeal as well. They took my HD DVD cover art and I want what we agreed on or I want my cover art back. If I wanted a free, or in red2blu's case $6 free, copy of the single edition Matrix 10th or Casablanca, I would have bought myself a copy.

What a fiasco, from start to 'will it ever end' finish...
Old 07-24-09, 12:47 PM

Red2Blu=Epic Fail

Like another poster stated, I wouldn't have even bothered sending in my Casablanca HD DVD if I knew I was going to get the standalone Blu. I only did so because the UE is a slight upgrade.
Old 07-24-09, 12:59 PM

My CC was just charged my total minus 14.90. I assume the charges for Casablanca(9.95) and The Matrix(4.95). At this point who knows maybe I'll get a box of Universal catalog titles.
Old 07-24-09, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by namja
Wow. This was so easy. Sent in the cover for Complete Matrix Collection last week, and the Blu-ray is in the mail, scheduled to arrive on Thursday. I sold the HD DVD version on eBay for $25, so basically a free upgrade.
How many days did it take from them sending a confirmation e-mail about the artwork to shipping? It's been four days now since the confirmation e-mail and my card hasn't been charged for anything.

Last edited by DGibFen; 07-24-09 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-24-09, 02:55 PM

Just called Customer Service,

My order, including Casablanca, will be shipped out either today or Monday. The operator said they substituted a different version of Casablanca blu-ray and it is free of charge.
Old 07-24-09, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was told via email that the Harry Potter Gift Set will definitely not be added back on the availability list.
Old 07-24-09, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

My long standing order with Casablanca was shipped today and Casablanca was free so as long as it is in a case with cover art I'm fine with it being a single disc version. Just glad this is over and glad I am getting the Sopranos on BD finally.
Old 07-25-09, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have yet to be charged for my order. Hopefully nothing else went on backorder for me. I honestly don't really care much anymore...I just want the discs on my shelf.

Batman Begins (BD) $4.95
Blazing Saddles (BD) $4.95
Casablanca, Ultimate Collector's Edition (BD) $4.95
Firewall (BD) $4.95
Perfect Storm, The (BD) $4.95
Swordfish (BD) $4.95
Troy Director's Cut (BD) $4.95
Subtotal 34.65
Tax 2.50
Shipping 6.95
Total 44.10
Old 07-25-09, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I hope to win a contest for longest unfilled Red2Blu order.
Old 07-25-09, 12:51 PM

I'd really like to see what the Casablanca ends up looking like. I never traded in my HD-DVD because I wanted the original artwork and I own the UCE. If there is another edition, I'd like it as well for collection's sake.
Old 07-25-09, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My CC was finally charged $70. They took off the $4.95 for the original Casablanca. I had mailed my hd-dvds in on 4/23.

Blu-ray Item Price
Batman Begins (BD) $4.95
Casablanca (BD) $4.95
Deliverance (BD) $4.95
Eyes Wide Shut: Special Edition (BD) $4.95
Ocean's Eleven (2001), Twelve & Thirteen Giftset (BD) $9.95
Last Samurai, The (BD) $4.95
Goodfellas (BD) $4.95
Scanner Darkly, A (BD) $4.95
Departed, The (BD) $4.95
Searchers, The (BD) $4.95
Superman II: Richard Donner Cut, The (BD) $4.95
Superman, The Movie (BD) $4.95

It's about time, but worth the wait.
Old 07-25-09, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Well I finally sent my order in, put the covers in the mail last night. Let's see how long it takes for me.

Batman Begins (BD) $4.95
Bonnie And Clyde (BD Book) $4.95
Ocean's Eleven (2001), Twelve & Thirteen Giftset (BD) $9.95
Ultimate Matrix Collection, The (BD) $19.95

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.