Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-09, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

Originally Posted by movieking
Edit: Just read through the rules, and you are given a postage paid printout, so obviously, I can't use that if I am sending from Canada. Maybe I'll have to send the covers to my friend in the US and ask them to do it. From those Canucks that are trying to use this program, is this what your plans are as well?
Someone at RFD mentioned that a CSR told them eventually this offer would be open to Canadians, so I'm waiting to see if that will actually happen. I hope so but sometimes people talk out of their asses...if in a while we haven't heard anything, I'll probably mail my covers to my cousin in LA, get him to send them and bring the blu's next time he's in the country.

edit: someone on AVS said that they aren't expanding to Canada, but that was from talking to the US customer service - we need to get Warner Canada on the line and get a DIRECT answer - NOW

Last edited by mdc3000; 04-24-09 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-24-09, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't find any contact information on WB Canada. It would be worth at least an email if I could find an address.
Old 04-24-09, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All they want for the Complete Matrix set now is the cover art to the Matrix Revolutions.

And, technically, they still have a listing for the matrix digi-book so people that want both can submit the cover art for the first film and the third film and get to own both the fancy Digi-book and the Complete set. I'm thinking about doing this, along with ordering the Harry Potter films and Batman Begins. This may be what pushed me over the edge into placing an order.
Old 04-24-09, 01:23 PM

Exchanged these

Harry Potter 1-5 Limited Edition Giftset (BD) $14.95
Adventures of Robin Hood (BD) $4.95
Batman Begins (BD) $4.95
Blood Diamond (BD) $4.95
Casablanca, Ultimate Collector's Edition (BD) $4.95
Lady In The Water (BD) $4.95
Lake House, The (BD) $4.95
Last Samurai, The (BD) 4.95
Space Cowboys (BD) $4.95
Superman Returns (BD) (TrueHD Audio) $4.95
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride (BD) $4.95
V for Vendetta (BD) $4.95
Polar Express (BD) $4.95
Planet Earth: The Complete Collection (BD) $9.95
Subtotal $84.30
Tax $5.06
Shipping $6.95 Total $96.31

Just couldn't justify replacing Blade Runner.
Old 04-24-09, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Willy Wonka is the only WB title left for replacement as of now for me, hopefully they release it by the end of the year (will suck about paying for shipping for it).
Old 04-24-09, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just got an email... Apparently providing all 4 covers from the films in the Best Of HD-DVD boxset as well as a receipt showing proof of buying said boxset is not enough information to authorize an exchange.

Last edited by tlwizard; 04-24-09 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-24-09, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by GenPion
All they want for the Complete Matrix set now is the cover art to the Matrix Revolutions.

And, technically, they still have a listing for the matrix digi-book so people that want both can submit the cover art for the first film and the third film and get to own both the fancy Digi-book and the Complete set. I'm thinking about doing this, along with ordering the Harry Potter films and Batman Begins. This may be what pushed me over the edge into placing an order.
Is there a difference between the digi-book version and the one that comes in the ultimate set?
Old 04-24-09, 01:48 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by TLwizard
Just got an email... Apparently providing all 4 covers from the films in the boxset as well as a receipt showing proof of buying said boxset is not enough information to authorize an exchange.
Originally Posted by GenPion

I'm getting confused now....TLWizard, are you talking aboutthe Matrix set? If so, can you kindly post the email you received? There seems to be several answers on what we need to send....
Old 04-24-09, 01:50 PM

Sorry. I was talking about the Best of Boxsets. I'll go back and edit my original post.

As for the matrix box set, all you have to do is send in the revolutions cover art or, i assume still, the back paper sheet.
Old 04-24-09, 01:54 PM
Banned by request

Okay, thanks. That was my main concern, on what to send from the Matrix set. I have the Matrix Trilogy, not Ultimate edition. The site instructions had mentioned to send the back paper sheet, that has the UPC for the Ultimate Edition. I actually have the back paper sheet, I just didn't know if I should send that in, or just say i lost it to try and make them think I had the Ultimate edition set.
Old 04-24-09, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Okay, thanks. That was my main concern, on what to send from the Matrix set. I have the Matrix Trilogy, not Ultimate edition. The site instructions had mentioned to send the back paper sheet, that has the UPC for the Ultimate Edition. I actually have the back paper sheet, I just didn't know if I should send that in, or just say i lost it to try and make them think I had the Ultimate edition set.
They don't care, they are upgrading everyone with a complete to the ultimate anyways, just send in the paper and you get to keep 3 cover art for all 3 movies and get the BD versions, seems like a no brainer.
Old 04-24-09, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How much are they charging to upgrade to the Ultimate Matrix Blu-ray? I already upgraded my HD DVD set myself with the last Amazon.ca deal on the set, but I was just wondering, for comparison purposes ...
Old 04-24-09, 02:19 PM
Banned by request

$14.95 plus shipping to upgrade the Matrix trilogy. Which I will definitely be doing.
Old 04-24-09, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Yavin
How much are they charging to upgrade to the Ultimate Matrix Blu-ray? I already upgraded my HD DVD set myself with the last Amazon.ca deal on the set, but I was just wondering, for comparison purposes ...
$15 upgrade fee. $7 shipping fee (for up to 25 titles). Plus tax.

edit: d'oh! beat me to it, trespoochies.
Old 04-24-09, 02:24 PM
Banned by request

Not sure if you're like me TL, but I'm doing my best to avoid the rest of my workday....
Old 04-24-09, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by trespoochies
$14.95 plus shipping to upgrade the Matrix trilogy. Which I will definitely be doing.
Originally Posted by TLwizard
$15 upgrade fee. $7 shipping fee (for up to 25 titles). Plus tax.

edit: d'oh! beat me to it, trespoochies.
Thanks guys. Damn, that's pretty cheap, I would have thought it would be at least $30. Good on Warner for doing this and keeping the prices more than reasonable. I hope they bring the offer to Canada as well.

I also realized that if they do bring it to Canada, I won't be able to upgrade my Planet Earth HD DVD (that is Warner, right?), as mine (which cost me $12.50) came with a cover that said Blu-ray. Only reason why I didn't exchange it for a copy with an accurate cover is because I was wishfully hoping that they had also mistakenly packaged BD discs within
Old 04-24-09, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I "ordered" the Matrix: UE and HP5 (to get rid of my combo disc) for a total of $33. Not bad. I'm particularly excited about the Matrix set. Animatrix in 1080p!
Old 04-24-09, 04:06 PM

i am very happy about this promotion, although i am a little pissed that i sold my sopranos hddvds and my planet earth for cheap. but i cant complain.

howabout you guys over at universal following in suit?!?
Old 04-24-09, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 451 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by dylonius
howabout you guys over at universal following in suit?!?
WB only has a small handful of HDdvd tittles not on blu-ray, whereas Universal still has tons not yet on blu-ray.
Old 04-24-09, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Man this is really tempting. Upgrading stuff like my Sopranos sets and That's Entertainment is just too hard to resist. Guess I go through my stuff today. I'm just wondering what the Casablanca replacements will be. I'm assuming just disc one fo the new set?

Also, I guess they are only sending us discs back and we use our old HD DVD cases or is that wrong?
Old 04-24-09, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by darkside
Also, I guess they are only sending us discs back and we use our old HD DVD cases or is that wrong?
Someone who talked to customer support said:

"You will get a brand new shrink wrapped copy of the Blu-Ray"
Old 04-24-09, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by David Levine
Someone who talked to customer support said:

"You will get a brand new shrink wrapped copy of the Blu-Ray"
That is cool, but still makes me wonder about Casablanca. If I am getting the new Ultimate Edition for $5 that is freaking amazing. I am putting together my list now. For sure I'm including both Sopranos sets, Casablanca, Adventures of Robin Hood and the That's Entertainment and Oceans box sets. I'm skipping anything that is a downgrade though. Don't want to lose TrueHD or the In Movie experience just to get a BD.
Old 04-24-09, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sure, after I sell them all off.
Old 04-24-09, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darkside
That is cool, but still makes me wonder about Casablanca. If I am getting the new Ultimate Edition for $5 that is freaking amazing.
WB is packaging the first disc in a standard BD case for this offer (rather than the UCE).
Old 04-24-09, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by abintra
WB is packaging the first disc in a standard BD case for this offer (rather than the UCE).
Are we sure about this? I just did the check out and was charged $10 to upgrade instead of $5. It clearly said I was getting the ultimate collector's edition. Guess I will see when it arrives, but if they charged me $10 and I don't at least get both discs I will be a bit pissed.

I ended up only doing 4 things to test the waters. I swapped out a large number of my Warner's for Blu-ray before the death of HD DVD when resale of the them was good so most of my remaining discs are just stuff I picked up super cheap or isn't on BD. I was temped on stuff like V for Vendeta and Batman Begins that are identical on both formats, but put them off for now. Since we have the whole year to swap out 25 I figure I have time to decide.

I ended up just upgrading Sopranos 6.1 and 6.2, Casablanca and Superman Returns. Hopefully they ship the TrueHD version of the BD for Superman, but either way it will be nice to dump the combo that loved to freeze during the airplane rescue.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.