Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

Old 05-27-09, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

interestingly enough, I have a pending charge for my order which I sent in a week ago that had the ultimate matrix, troy, and superman returns(3 movies supposedly backordered). My original order, the one I sent in over a month ago, and had casablanca as well as 6 or 7 others has yet to be charged or even show a pending charge.
Old 05-27-09, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still waiting since April 29th.....I guess I hit the 4 week timeframe. Maybe I will e-mail again to see where my movies are.

EDIT (e-mail response):
I am sorry but I do not have a date when the item will be back in stock. It should be soon. Once the order is ready to ship, you will receive an email. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by DJ_Longfellow; 05-27-09 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-27-09, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman
Will we see Casablanca offered up this promotion again?
I'm skeptical, so I went ahead and put my order of 25 in. If Casablanca and Planet Earth return, I'll have my parents put an order in for me. I could do another 15-20 easily. I know many of these titles didn't need to be upgraded, so I'll take many of the BD's and sell/trade them or give them as gifts. I don't mind having HD-DVD's with scanned cover art in place of the originals...
Old 05-27-09, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What are the odds of them adding Terminator 3 to the mix?
Old 05-27-09, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sirgey
Did you have planet earth in your order?
Nope
Old 05-27-09, 10:49 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Still waiting since April 29th.....I guess I hit the 4 week timeframe. Maybe I will e-mail again to see where my movies are.

EDIT (e-mail response):
I am sorry but I do not have a date when the item will be back in stock. It should be soon. Once the order is ready to ship, you will receive an email. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
I'm still waiting as well. Don't remember when I sent mine in at this point. It was also April, I believe.
Old 05-27-09, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Finally saw on UPS today that my order shipped yesterday (5/26.) I had mailed my 25 covers back on April 22nd, the day the offer began, which were received on April 27th. I don't understand why it took so long considering others mailed theirs in 7-10 days later (and have already received them), but as long as they arrive undamaged, I'm happy.
Old 05-28-09, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by tofferman
Finally saw on UPS today that my order shipped yesterday (5/26.) I had mailed my 25 covers back on April 22nd, the day the offer began, which were received on April 27th. I don't understand why it took so long considering others mailed theirs in 7-10 days later (and have already received them), but as long as they arrive undamaged, I'm happy.
did you have planet earth?
Old 05-28-09, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

did you have planet earth?
no Planet Earth and no Casablanca
Old 05-28-09, 08:55 AM

no Planet Earth and no Casablanca
thanks, did you get an email with your UPS Shipping info from them when it shipped? Otherwise how did you know what to use on UPS website?
Old 05-28-09, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 215 Likes on 128 Posts

Well, I placed two orders. One on my own that they received on 4/29 and one through a friend that they received on 5/13. My friend just got a charge for the order he helped me with, so it looks like that one's shipped. Still no word on my original order. I had Troy, Planet Earth, Ultimate Matrix, Casablanca, Batman Begins and Harry Potter in my first order, so it may still be a while before they get around to sending it.
Old 05-28-09, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks, did you get an email with your UPS Shipping info from them when it shipped? Otherwise how did you know what to use on UPS website?
Track by Reference at UPS here:

http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/reference?loc=en_US

1) input the 15 digit number from your Red2Blu order confirmation in the Shipment Reference box.

2) Select U.S. for your destination country and input your zip code.

I have not received any emails for my order except for the original confirmation email.
Old 05-28-09, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

1) input the 15 digit number from your Red2Blu order confirmation in the Shipment Reference box.

I have not received any emails for my order except for the original confirmation email.
They must have changed the format of the order confirmation emails after I placed my order. I just have sections for customer information, order summary and what to do next.
Old 05-28-09, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by maxfisher
They must have changed the format of the order confirmation emails after I placed my order. I just have sections for customer information, order summary and what to do next.
The 15 digit number is on the pdf attachment from the order confirmation email (which you then printed and affixed to the package.)
Old 05-28-09, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wonder if they are just dragging their feet on Casablanca? I ordered mine when it was $5.....you would think they should have enough stock for this promotion though. Oh well, I'll continue to wait.
Old 05-28-09, 02:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquid Death
What are the odds of them adding Terminator 3 to the mix?
I emailed them that question a few weeks ago and got a standard "new titles are being added all the time; check back" response.
Old 05-28-09, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

I sent my covers in the mail on April 30, and it was today that I got an email saying they just got my covers in. A whole month to get to them? Really? At least a bunch of the stuff they pulled from the site is still on my list, and looks like will be honored.
Old 05-28-09, 10:53 PM
Cool New Member

Finally got an email from WB stating that they received my cover art. According to the USPS tracking info the covers were actually received almost a month ago, so it's taken them quite some time to enter the information into the system. But it likely wouldn't have mattered anyway, because one of the titles is Casablanca.

Casablanca, Ultimate Collector's Edition (BD) $4.95
Harry Potter 1-5 Limited Edition Giftset (BD) $14.95
Ocean's Eleven (2001), Twelve & Thirteen Giftset (BD) $9.95
Ultimate Matrix Collection, The (BD) $14.95
Blazing Saddles (BD) $4.95
Adventures of Robin Hood (BD) $4.95
Old 05-28-09, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I'm skeptical, so I went ahead and put my order of 25 in. If Casablanca and Planet Earth return, I'll have my parents put an order in for me. I could do another 15-20 easily. I know many of these titles didn't need to be upgraded, so I'll take many of the BD's and sell/trade them or give them as gifts. I don't mind having HD-DVD's with scanned cover art in place of the originals...
I'm getting close to sending in my covers and just not worry about Casablanca, and perhaps, gasp, just enjoy my HD DVD version of it, and move on.
Old 05-29-09, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
I'm getting close to sending in my covers and just not worry about Casablanca, and perhaps, gasp, just enjoy my HD DVD version of it, and move on.
Well, I can still enjoy my HD DVD version right now waiting on Warner to send it... but yeah, I wouldn't have mailed it if I had known this. I was even debating it beforehand.
Old 05-29-09, 05:16 AM

I just received the e-mail that they received my covers as well, 10 days after the delivery confirmation said they received them. I know they weren't sending out confirmation e-mails and said they were having problems with it. So maybe they got it fixed and all unfulfilled orders are now getting the confirmation e-mails, no matter how long it's been.
Old 05-29-09, 05:24 AM

That's interesting. I never knew you could do that. Thanks.
Old 05-29-09, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got the email about receiving cover art today as well, exactly a month after they actually received it. They're probably getting a lot of complaint calls and hoping that sending out a mass email will cut back on those.
Old 05-29-09, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by maxfisher
I got the email about receiving cover art today as well, exactly a month after they actually received it. They're probably getting a lot of complaint calls and hoping that sending out a mass email will cut back on those.
I got the e-mail too and I suspect the same thing. I called in a few weeks back because of an issue with my credit card, and I was told back then my order was in the system and ready to ship "in the next few days". So I doubt this e-mail means much. They rec'd my covers on April 27th too, so I'm just hoping to see some movement soon.
Old 05-29-09, 08:24 AM

I received the confirmation email along with the rest of you:
XXXXX , we received your cover art at our processing center!

Our warehouse is currently processing your order. We will send you an e-mail with tracking information as soon as your order ships.
It's been 31 days since they actually received my covers, and I was hoping this meant something real. Like my order will be shipping soon. I have all the out-of-stock items in my order, Casablanca, Planet Earth, Potter Collection, etc. I'm going to choose to believe that my order really will ship soon. After all, their six weeks is up in 11 days. Hey, it's been so long I'd kinda forgotten about this order.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.