Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

BD-LIVE FEATURES: List The good ones here

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

BD-LIVE FEATURES: List The good ones here

Old 08-25-10, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: BD-LIVE FEATURES: List The good ones here

Some BD's have Movie IQ (I think that's what it's called), which gives you up-to-date info on the actors, director, etc., while the movie is playing. I think "Angels & Demons" had it when I rented it.
Old 08-26-10, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's an alternate commentary available for download for Survival of the Dead.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=16325
Steve "Uncle Creepy" Barton of Dread Central. George Romero. The two are good buds and they shared on a commentary track for Survival of the Dead that was intended for the film's Blu-Ray. No doubt, I'm sure it makes for very interesting listening.

Alas, like the commentary I participated on with Steve for Friday the 13th: Jason Lives DVD, it didn't make the final cut.

Good news, though. You can access the commentary though BD Live!

The steps are simple. Make sure your Blu-Ray player is hooked up to the 'net. Pop the disc in, follow the instructions to get a live update and blammo, the commentary should appear as a selection when your menu loads.

Get to it!
Old 08-26-10, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Kevin Smith said he was going to add a commentary to Zach and Miri a while back via BDLive
Old 08-27-10, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind
There's an alternate commentary available for download for Survival of the Dead.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=16325
Thanks for this - I watched the movie on Tues night (release day) and when I selected the BD-live it said to check back for updates. Not very exciting!

Having read this, I put the disc back in, downloaded the commentary & a new Walking Dead teaser. Love the way the second commentary is added to the Special Features menu, as if it was part of the disc! One of the smoothest uses of BD-live I've seen so far.
Old 06-01-11, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The BD-Live portal for No Strings Attached includes two deleted scenes and an alternate ending.
Old 06-01-11, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Grindhouse's BD-Live portal includes a slew of bonus material including audience participation tracks for the fake trailers and portions of Death Proof (which is a bonus feature I'd like to see on more DVDs/BDs).