Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy 25th Anniversary Collector's Edition ---> 8/4/09

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy 25th Anniversary Collector's Edition ---> 8/4/09

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-09, 07:51 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy 25th Anniversary Collector's Edition ---> 8/

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
You ever had an amoeba? It sucks ass!

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
arent you in Los Angeles Gizmo amoeba is on sunset blvd and just west of Vine street inbetween The CNN building and the CRAPTASTIC Arclight Cinemas
I'm in Ventura County...Amoeba is about an hour drive for me. Been there a few times but not recently.
Old 08-12-09, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy 25th Anniversary Collector's Edition ---> 8/

Nice avatar Gizmo. Can I see some picks of all the Jonas Brothers posters and CD's you have in your room? I'm sure it's right next to the tampons.
Old 08-12-09, 09:40 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Blu Man
Nice avatar Gizmo. Can I see some picks of all the Jonas Brothers posters and CD's you have in your room? I'm sure it's right next to the tampons.
Just ask your mom - she left her panties at my house last week.
Old 08-13-09, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Just ask your mom - she left her panties at my house last week.
Really? A your mom joke? That's your come back? Gizmo, your slipping.
Old 08-13-09, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by bpmford
Kay, here are my pics...

-

-

-

I thought it worked quite well!!!

not my pics... posted on the Blu-ray.com forums.
Old 08-13-09, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

If that guy was going to do that then why not just put the box away and stick those 4 releases on the shelf? A waste of time to open that flimsy box to get out one of the cases to watch one of the movies.
Old 08-13-09, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
If that guy was going to do that then why not just put the box away and stick those 4 releases on the shelf? A waste of time to open that flimsy box to get out one of the cases to watch one of the movies.
A waste of time? How long does it take you to normally open your pizza boxes when they arrive at your door? Your friends and family must get pretty hungry waiting for you to somehow manage to open it up.

Last edited by NiCK Crush; 08-14-09 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-14-09, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome. That's what I was thinking of doing; glad to see it works well. That's what they should have done from the start.

Anyone have any recommendations of what paper to use for the covers?
Old 08-14-09, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

oh ok for somereason i was thinking you were actually in Los Angeles.

I'm in Ventura County...Amoeba is about an hour drive for me. Been there a few times but not recently.
Old 02-08-10, 01:51 AM

has there been any word on stand-alone releases?
Old 02-08-10, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
has there been any word on stand-alone releases?
Nothing - as far as I have heard. I ended up getting the set (though I'd probably sell it if they ever put out the first one as a digi-book).
Old 02-08-10, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I don't get it. Did the original set come in slimline Blu cases?

Someone has just posted in the DVD Forum as well (probably gonna get moved to International) about a foreign SE with audio commentary, deleted scenes an an alternate ending.
Old 02-08-10, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
I don't get it. Did the original set come in slimline Blu cases?

No, I believe the original set just had plastic dual disc trays on the top and bottom of the "pizza box". The rest of the space in the box was for the extra stuff, mainly the beanie.
Old 02-08-10, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by GenPion
Nothing - as far as I have heard. I ended up getting the set (though I'd probably sell it if they ever put out the first one as a digi-book).
I've been incredibly tempted to grab the set. I want the first and 2nd films so bad. I have TMNT (CGI) on Blu-ray already, and it's my understanding the discs are the same, so I don't need that one again.

This thing hasn't dropped below $54.99 anywhere though. I keep telling myself I'd bite if I ever saw it around $39.99, but it hasn't even been close.
Old 02-08-10, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 650 Likes on 500 Posts

ISomeone has just posted in the DVD Forum as well (probably gonna get moved to International) about a foreign SE with audio commentary, deleted scenes an an alternate ending.
Any more info on that.
Old 02-08-10, 01:24 PM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I've been incredibly tempted to grab the set. I want the first and 2nd films so bad. I have TMNT (CGI) on Blu-ray already, and it's my understanding the discs are the same, so I don't need that one again.
I wouldn't waste your money. I bought this back in August and the movies don't look very good on BD. I ended up selling it last month. But kept the beanie!
Old 02-08-10, 01:30 PM
Suspended

I tossed the stupid TMNT disc and put all 3 movies in a 3 disc BD case (thanks Warner!) and printed out custom cover art. Problem solved.
Old 02-08-10, 02:21 PM

^ not a bad idea.

I'm just hoping for a special edition re-release of the first film and I'll be completely satisfied. I really love that one. Come on whoever makes those decisions!
Old 02-08-10, 02:23 PM
Suspended

^ not a bad idea.

I'm just hoping for a special edition re-release of the first film and I'll be completely satisfied. I really love that one. Come on whoever makes those decisions!
I doubt it'll ever happen. At least not until a new TMNT movie comes out.
Old 02-08-10, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Well, there's that foreign SE. You never know. When Warner gets around to putting it out individually, ala Batman and Matrix, even though THOSE discs were identical, perhaps they'll toss on the brand-new extras from the new international DVD.
Old 02-08-10, 03:12 PM
Suspended

Well, there's that foreign SE. You never know. When Warner gets around to putting it out individually, ala Batman and Matrix, even though THOSE discs were identical, perhaps they'll toss on the brand-new extras from the new international DVD.
Warner holds the international rights to TMNT, so it would be odd to see a better BD in a different market. Don't they typically release the same discs everywhere except changing the disc artwork?
Old 02-08-10, 03:17 PM

Keep hope alive.
Old 02-08-10, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Warner holds the international rights to TMNT, so it would be odd to see a better BD in a different market. Don't they typically release the same discs everywhere except changing the disc artwork?
It's a better SD-DVD elsewhere. I don't know why they did an SE over in the UK or wherever, and screwed us over here.
Old 02-08-10, 03:33 PM
Suspended

It's a better SD-DVD elsewhere. I don't know why they did an SE over in the UK or wherever, and screwed us over here.
Could have been a Newline issue? The discs were 'done' many months before they got released. IIRC, someone checked the disc data, and they were complete in March 2009.
Old 02-08-10, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by gizmodvd
i doubt it'll ever happen. at least not until a new tmnt movie comes out.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.