Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Rumor: New Terminator 2 Release Coming Soon?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Rumor: New Terminator 2 Release Coming Soon?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-09, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Rumor: New Terminator 2 Release Coming Soon?

Fuck Best Buy. I paid $19.95 last week, and now it's $14.95. Why do I even bother shopping there? I feel like a cheap prick going back for a $5 refund, but that really blows.
Old 05-27-09, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyone who has it.....is it worth upgrading from my $10 version I got at Walmart a month ago?
Old 05-27-09, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^ Depends, are you satisfied having only the theatrical cut?
Old 05-27-09, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Definitely not....wouldn't mind some more extras as well.
Old 05-27-09, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Fuck Best Buy. I paid $19.95 last week, and now it's $14.95. Why do I even bother shopping there? I feel like a cheap prick going back for a $5 refund, but that really blows.
Just curious, but why should you feel bad for taking advantage of the store's own pricing policies? Getting a better deal doesn't make you a cheap prick, just smart...hey, that's $5 more that can go toward your next BD....

I return/rebuy/price match stuff all the time, and never once feel even a bit embarrassed about it....hell, I love buying at Target since they have a 90 day return policy, and often movies and TV shows there go on sale for cheaper than release week prices within that time period.....
Old 05-27-09, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Quack
Anyone who has it.....is it worth upgrading from my $10 version I got at Walmart a month ago?
Can you take advantage of lossless audio? That should answer your question right there.
Old 05-27-09, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 643 Likes on 495 Posts

The DNR and EE is actually very noticeable (though the latter is very rare). It's just not extreme enough to ruin the transfer completely. But you can see that it could have obviously looked better. Still, not bad for $20.

What's the deal with the THX Optimizer 2.0 that included on this disc? I was surprised to see the drop shadow in the below black test since my TV doesn't accept below black via HDMI and my PS3 doesn't output below black at all. Then I realized they just boosted the brightness on the patters and that's why the drop shadow was visible. But that means you'd end up setting your brightness way too low (by 16 notches on my set) if you were to use it.

Was this just a total screwup when authoring the disc or is this how THX has "solved" the below black issue? If the latter, that is totally lame.

Last edited by RocShemp; 05-27-09 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-28-09, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
$5 is a big savings. Going back for less than a dollar gives me a feeling of being a cheap-ass, but if it's over a buck, you should feel no guilt...
Old 05-28-09, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Is anyone else having a problem downloading the BD-Live content. I haven't been able to get any of the downloads to finish. They updated the content on Wednesday to include Japanese trailers and I can't get those to download either. If I try to download them one at a time, it will almost complete and then give an error that it was unable to complete the download and to try again.
Old 05-28-09, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by RocShemp
The DNR and EE is actually very noticeable (though the latter is very rare). It's just not extreme enough to ruin the transfer completely. But you can see that it could have obviously looked better. Still, not bad for $20.

What's the deal with the THX Optimizer 2.0 that included on this disc? I was surprised to see the drop shadow in the below black test since my TV doesn't accept below black via HDMI and my PS3 doesn't output below black at all. Then I realized they just boosted the brightness on the patters and that's why the drop shadow was visible. But that means you'd end up setting your brightness way too low (by 16 notches on my set) if you were to use it.

Was this just a total screwup when authoring the disc or is this how THX has "solved" the below black issue? If the latter, that is totally lame.
Yeah, the EE just pops up here and there, but the DNR is slathered all over the place. Companies just don't get it.

I noticed the deal with the THX Optimizer as well. I got an Oppo blu-ray player recently, and was using it and everything looked fantastic with how my set is calibrated. Using the THX Opt, you would think my brightness and contrast were cranked WAY too high, but that's not the case at all. I used a more professional calibration disc and everything was the way it was supposed to be. The THX is a piece of crap.
Old 06-06-09, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hey so here is something i think is kind of intresting.
Last night my friend called me up and invited me to a premiere at The Egyptian Theatre for a new movie called the Hurt locker.
Both James Cameron and Lance Henrickson were in attendance, i was able to get my terminator 2 sky net edition bluray signed by cameron and my terminator bluray signed by lance henrickson, when Lance signed my bluray he asked me if this it was the new Terminator bluray, that he just recently recorded audio commentary for.

has anyone heard anything about a new edition of the original terminator being put out.
he said he had just taken part in the commentary about a month or so ago.
Old 06-06-09, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 218 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
has anyone heard anything about a new edition of the original terminator being put out.
he said he had just taken part in the commentary about a month or so ago.
It's been rumored for awhile... lowry doing a restoration job on it as well. I'd imagine it'd come out sometime 4th qtr. This being the 25th anniversary and T4 hitting dvd/bd (even though that's a diff studio) it'd seem like a good time.

Also over at deadlinehollywood, there's a story on Cameron talking about Avatar, and saying he's going to give T2 the 3D treatment, so maybe we'll see that in a couple yrs (20th anniversary) along with a new BD release.
Old 06-06-09, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Gee, I didn't see that one coming, lol
Old 06-06-09, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Artman
It's been rumored for awhile... lowry doing a restoration job on it as well. I'd imagine it'd come out sometime 4th qtr. This being the 25th anniversary and T4 hitting dvd/bd (even though that's a diff studio) it'd seem like a good time.

Also over at deadlinehollywood, there's a story on Cameron talking about Avatar, and saying he's going to give T2 the 3D treatment, so maybe we'll see that in a couple yrs (20th anniversary) along with a new BD release.
And I just fucking bought Terminator today at Target. That figures!
Old 06-06-09, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Before He asked me if it was the new release with the audio commentary he took part of just a few months ago, i had not heard anything about there being a new bluray of terminator.

by the way i tried looking but i couldnt find one but is there Terminator bluray thread on here. if so can someone post a link to it, so i can post my information on there. since this is the T2 thread
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Old 06-07-09, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Surely you know by now that the Terminator movies are going to be re-released continuously as long as there is physical media to release them on.
Old 06-08-09, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by collven
Surely you know by now that the Terminator movies are going to be re-released continuously as long as there is physical media to release them on.
Yup. They'll be back.
Old 06-10-09, 06:41 AM

Are the BD Live downloadable features available on the Ultimate or Extreme Editions? I'd also like to know what other things are unlocked once you sign up for a log in. I want to know if it is worth it to sign up or not.

I haven't used BD Live much yet, mostly because I don't feel like signing up for an account for every disc I buy. (please correct me if this is not an accurate statement).
Old 06-10-09, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 343 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by neilo13
Are the BD Live downloadable features available on the Ultimate or Extreme Editions? I'd also like to know what other things are unlocked once you sign up for a log in. I want to know if it is worth it to sign up or not.
I registered and it didn't seem to unlock anything else. At least not yet.

I tried to download a couple of the featurettes last night and it was painfully slow and glitchy. I like the idea of BD Live offering content that becomes available after the disc is produced, but there's no reason those video features couldn't have just been included on the disc (or a second disc if necessary).
Old 06-10-09, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,040 Likes on 857 Posts

Originally Posted by WMAangel
Can you take advantage of lossless audio? That should answer your question right there.
Dang, wasn't planning on adding this to my two DVD versions (I only have T1 on BD), but 15 bucks and DTS HD are pretty tempting
Old 06-11-09, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just bought it yesterday, haven't checked this thread in a while. But the news of a possible new edition of T1 in Q4 still wouldn't have deterred me from picking it up, as for under $9 I can't really complain too much.
Old 06-14-09, 04:41 PM

The blu ray living download is foolish, very large.

The picture is very good, I didn't see any edge problems.
Old 06-14-09, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

The edge enhancement in T2 isn't all over the place, but it's definitely noticeable in spots still.
Old 06-14-09, 08:49 PM

Murphy's Law. I just bought T2 from Amazon last week and now it's $14.99 - and now Amazon doesn't offer their 30-day price guarantee anymore...
Old 06-14-09, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Does anyone that has the skull also have the Planet of the Apes bust? I wonder what they look like side by side.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.