Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

LGs suck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-10, 08:55 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: LGs suck?

Old 03-29-10, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Yup, that's some first post,
Old 03-29-10, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,304 Likes on 948 Posts

Life's Good!
Old 03-29-10, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moritzdave
I have not seen one single LG display that left me saying wow that's a great HDTV, never! I find most LG product not only look cheap but just do not measure up to other brands. For starters I really hated LG before they changed there name from Goldstar. I never said to myself wow I would love to own a Goldstar. Then to make everyone forget who they where they changed there name to Lucky Goldstar and now we know them as LG. There are a number of really good displays available but I do not consider LG to be one of them. There is no way I would ever place a LG display in my home theater or an LG monitor on my computer. I have a Sony 50" HDTV for my HT and a Samsung for my PC. If I was to buy a newer 3D display this year I might buy a Mitsubishi or Samsung. But I do not care for the color and picture depth and IMHO Visio is a better deal than LG, you spend Sony prices and you end up with a Poleroid.
Just about any TV is going to look crummy in Wal-mart. I just assume you saw one at Wal-Mart due to the Vizio and Polaroid comments as well as claiming they were the same price as a Sony. Had you seen a 55LH90 or 60PK550 hooked up to a blu-ray player and price compared them to similar models from other brands, you certainly couldn't have written what you did.
Old 03-30-10, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Yeah, the new PK550 is a very decent set, especially for the price.
Old 03-30-10, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
As mentioned in a previous thread, I had bought my parents an hdtv. It's an LG 47 inch:

http://www.amazon.com/LG-47LG50-47-I...0264676&sr=8-2

So my dad said that the lg brand sucks. That is not what i had thought of them. I've read many positive reviews on the TV's and they seem like the best off brand TV. Even the amazon link has overall positive reviews. Was my dad right in his statement that LG sucks? Has anyone on here ever owned an LG television?

What do you guys think of LG?
It's time to go shopping for a new dad.

TLK