Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator 3 BD discontinued? (...according to Amazon)

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Terminator 3 BD discontinued? (...according to Amazon)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-09, 12:53 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Terminator 3 BD discontinued? (...according to Amazon)

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Say that to my Halloween box set that has a sampling of the movies.
When you get ALL the Halloween titles in the same boxset...then let me know! (and not a bootleg set from Hong Kong either)
Old 01-25-09, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Re: Terminator 3 OOP????

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I wouldn't worry about it. T4 is out this summer from WB. This is actually a good sign we'll get a re-release, possibly with TrueHD.
It's with that hope that I sold my copy. Let's see what happens.
Old 01-25-09, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

I actually ordered this during the December B1G1 from Columbia House. It was the G1 (wish it would have been the B1), but then it went OOP, and Columbia House discontinued it. I called them a month later and got them to send me a free copy of Serenity instead.
Old 01-25-09, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here to provide alittle hope that there might be a box set...All three studios Sony/mgm, Lionsgate, WB have already made boxsets in the past with each other. Look at the oliver stone collection(s) that have been released these past few years( The Doors, JFK, Platoon ,etc), and the stanley kubrick collection(s) they have had Dr. Stangelove with all the WB titles. Relax, the studios will either work something out, or will them likely released at two points in the year---Before T4 theatrical, After T4 video release.
Old 01-25-09, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not that concerned with a box set that odds are will just be a thin cardboard sleeve holding the same versions that have already been released.

It would be nice if there was something better but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
Old 01-26-09, 04:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im sure they can put out a better looking terminator then the one we have offered to us at the time ...

Did anyone ever buy the German import T2 on HD DVD ??? how did that one look ? I never understood why T2 got released with only 2 commenteries... what with all the various releases that we've had for SD (i own the Ultimate & Extreme editions) and with BD having so much more space on discs ... seems like a waste... but for 10 bucks, hey why not ...

i can definately see a box set released with the 3 original films or if not a box set then superior editions of each movie released by each studio that owns the particular movies ...

but since The Halcyon Company bought the franchise ... cant they release it whenever they want ?
Old 01-26-09, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lovgun7
but since The Halcyon Company bought the franchise ... cant they release it whenever they want ?
I believe Halcyon has the rights to the franchise, meaning future films, television, comics, etc, but not the previous films.

If anyone is interested, it looks like Amazon.ca has Terminator 3 on Blu in stock.
Old 01-26-09, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by lovgun7
im sure they can put out a better looking terminator then the one we have offered to us at the time ...

Did anyone ever buy the German import T2 on HD DVD ??? how did that one look ? I never understood why T2 got released with only 2 commenteries... what with all the various releases that we've had for SD (i own the Ultimate & Extreme editions) and with BD having so much more space on discs ... seems like a waste... but for 10 bucks, hey why not ...

i can definately see a box set released with the 3 original films or if not a box set then superior editions of each movie released by each studio that owns the particular movies ...

I don't have time to look for it right now but I know AVS has an ongoing thread comparing every HD version of T2 including the WMV version, HD DVD and Blu-Ray titles.
Old 02-07-09, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well a new T2 might be right around the corner

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2382
Old 05-07-09, 07:20 AM
Banned

Apparently, this BD is back in print. Best Buy and Amazon have it back in stock.

http://www.amazon.com/Terminator-3-R...1698650&sr=1-1
Old 05-07-09, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

And it's on sale @ BB next week for $16.99
Old 05-07-09, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Japan is supposed to get a TrueHD version next month. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case here.