Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Blu-ray release announcements - Part III

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Blu-ray release announcements - Part III

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Really? LOTR?

I'd probably wait for a set though. There's no reason to space those releases out.
Okay, you got me. All of them except LOTR.
Old 10-03-08, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Nice releases Warner. 2009 will be another expensive year.
Old 10-03-08, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Good to hear! I'm in for a few of those. Where is Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil?! Sorry, but I can't wait for this one!
Old 10-03-08, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 756 Likes on 492 Posts
What are the chances that Amadeus will have both cuts included on it? I like the director's cut, but the completist in me has always kept that first DVD so I could have the theatrical version. I wouldn't mind being able to get rid of both of those.
Old 10-03-08, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Matrix, Amadeus Digibooks - Quarter 1

Warner Home Video has revealed that they will bring 'The Matrix' and 'Amadeus: Director's Cut' to Blu-ray in the first quarter of next year. Both titles will receive digibook treatment, meaning they will come packaged with a hard cover book containing exclusive pictures and essays. Additionally, 'Amadeus' will come a CD sampler.

source: blu-ray.com

---------------------

dobyblue posted at blu-ray.com that Amadeus likely won't have lossless audio because the encode was done 2 years ago.
Old 10-03-08, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Amadeus! That will be just perfect. Warner, please, please put lossless audio on this one!
Old 10-03-08, 03:18 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Nice digibooks! Looks like they announced The Matrix a wee bit early...how many people are not going to buy the Trilogy set now when the original one looming?

That leaves 1 more to be announced then, right (they said there would be 10).
Old 10-03-08, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Digibook... well here's hoping the Matrix price isn't a $100 or whatever, I just want the movie with amazing picture and sound, could care less about the extras. Here's hoping they have a non-digibook version, saves on shelf space too.
Old 10-03-08, 03:27 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Spooon69
Digibook... well here's hoping the Matrix price isn't a $100 or whatever, I just want the movie with amazing picture and sound, could care less about the extras. Here's hoping they have a non-digibook version, saves on shelf space too.
They have yet to announce any of their digibook films as regular release. You either have to import them (only some are available overseas) or just buy some empty BD cases and print custom cover art out.

Digibook is apparently a pretty big success for Warner though (looking at sales numbers). I know I would have never bought HTWWW, Dirty Harry, Bonnie and Clyde or Natural Born Killers if not for it. They are really fun to collect. I hope they continue with them.
Old 10-03-08, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema

Warner Home Video has revealed that they will bring 'The Matrix' and 'Amadeus: Director's Cut' to Blu-ray in the first quarter of next year. Both titles will receive digibook treatment, meaning they will come packaged with a hard cover book containing exclusive pictures and essays. Additionally, 'Amadeus' will come a CD sampler.

source: blu-ray.com

---------------------

dobyblue posted at blu-ray.com that Amadeus likely won't have lossless audio because the encode was done 2 years ago.
Looks like I'm getting the Matrix trilogy pack and the digibook since I think they look great. Damn you Warner for this!
Old 10-03-08, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 322 Likes on 220 Posts
I love the digibooks. The Matrix will be mine!
Old 10-03-08, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Spooon69
The digibook is that kind of case that's like a digipack but with a booklet attached to it. It's $5 more in MSRP, but that's enough to make me wish they didn't make them (or at least lower the price to match the non-digibook titles).
Old 10-03-08, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Nice digibooks! Looks like they announced The Matrix a wee bit early...how many people are not going to buy the Trilogy set now when the original one looming?

I was going to begrudgingly pick up the Trilogy pack just for the first movie, but will definitely wait for the single release now.
Old 10-04-08, 07:41 AM
Cool New Member

What is the very best blu ray tv out in the market now and what are the price ranges
Old 10-04-08, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 916 Likes on 650 Posts
1. Lost: season 3
2. Expensive
Old 10-04-08, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Some snaps of the Artwork:

HomeMediaMagazine
Old 10-05-08, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ugh! I hate these damn digibooks, I hope they re-release all of these in normal blu-ray cases.
Old 10-05-08, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I already own the HD version of the Matrix, but a definite double-dip on the digibook for moi. Count me in as one of the people who like those releases.
Old 10-05-08, 02:21 PM

Received 812 Likes on 528 Posts
Title: Mamma Mia!
Starring: Meryl Streep
Released: 16th December 2008
SRP: $34.98 (2-Disc)

Further Details:
Universal Home Video has announced 1-disc ($29.98), 2-disc ($34.98) and Blu-ray ($39.98) releases of Mamma Mia! which stars Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, and Colin Firth. Extras on the 2-disc will include on-screen lyrics for 22 musical numbers, 3 featurettes (The Making of Mamma Mia!, Becoming a Singer, On Location), Amanda Seyfrieds "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!" music video, and much more. The Blu-ray release will include all that, along with the ability to record your own video commentary track, and extra BD-Live content.

To the "Sing-A-Long" version being included. The wife will be happy.
Old 10-05-08, 02:38 PM
Suspended

Record your own video commentary track? Oh man.
Old 10-05-08, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Wouldn't that be there anyway by turning on the subtitles? Well, I guess it's nice to just have the lyrics on during the songs.

I wonder how recording your own video commentary is going to work. Would you do it with a webcam on a computer, and then you would download commentaries via BD-Live?
Old 10-05-08, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Subtitles wouldn't include a bouncing a beach ball.
Old 10-05-08, 08:25 PM

Received 812 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Subtitles wouldn't include a bouncing a beach ball.
In the theatrical version of the Sing-A-Long they did it karaoke style... the words turned from yellow to blue as they were sung. They could still do that within the BD technology framework.
Old 10-06-08, 09:10 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Title: Mamma Mia!
Starring: Meryl Streep
Released: 16th December 2008
SRP: $34.98 (2-Disc)

Further Details:
Universal Home Video has announced 1-disc ($29.98), 2-disc ($34.98) and Blu-ray ($39.98) releases of Mamma Mia! which stars Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, and Colin Firth. Extras on the 2-disc will include on-screen lyrics for 22 musical numbers, 3 featurettes (The Making of Mamma Mia!, Becoming a Singer, On Location), Amanda Seyfrieds "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!" music video, and much more. The Blu-ray release will include all that, along with the ability to record your own video commentary track, and extra BD-Live content.

um, like where's the missing/deleted song 'The Name of the Game' ???
Old 10-06-08, 09:49 AM
Suspended

Ugh.
Warner Home Video have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of The Notebook (Limited Edition Gift Set) on 20th January 2009 priced at $39.99 SRP. Spanning six decades, The Notebook is based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks and is a romantic story that focuses on two teenagers from opposite sides of the tracks (Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams) who fall in love during one summer together but are tragically forced apart. When they reunite seven years later, their passionate romance is rekindled, forcing one of them to choose between true love and class order.

Collectibles include a photo album and scrapbook with images from the movie plus space for your own photos; scrapbook accessories such as stickers and photo corners; a stationery set with letterhead and envelopes and collectible bookmarks.

No extras are mentioned in the press release, but we’re guessing most if not all of the content from the existing New Line DVD release will make it to the Blu-ray. Extras on the DVD release include:

* 12 deleted scenes with optional editor commentary
* All in the Family: Nick Cassavetes Profile featurette
* Nicholas Sparks: A Simple Story Well Told featurette
* Southern Exposure: Locating THE NOTEBOOK featurette
* Casting Rachel and Ryan featurette
* Feature-length commentary by director Nick Cassavetes
* Feature-length commentary by novelist Nicholas Sparks
* Rachel McAdams’ screen test
* Theatrical trailer
I don't get it. Will people actually buy the Blu-ray for the collectible crap that's being forced upon them at an additional $10 MSRP? Instead of TrueHD tracks Warner is pumping out garbage like this (not the film, but the unneeded collectibles).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.