Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Transformers [Blu-Ray] - September 2, 2008

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Transformers [Blu-Ray] - September 2, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-09, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Transformers [Blu-Ray] - September 2, 2008

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs
If they re-release it, people will complain about a double-dip. They put all the extras on BD-Live, people complain about downloading.

They can't win.
They should just put it on the Transformers 2 disc.
Old 06-12-09, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 656 Likes on 506 Posts

It was obviously held back to boost the use of BD live.

This stuff makes perfect sense to be on BD live:
* Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Sneak Peek — Footage from the new film
* From the set of Revenge of the Fallen: Day 1 — An exclusive inside look at the first day of shooting
* From the set of Revenge of the Fallen: A Day in the Shade —A comical look at the differences between Megan and Shia's on-set treatment

This stuff, assuming their runtime wasn't excessively long, could have been on the special features disc (or they could have made it a 3 disc set):
* Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes from Transformers
* Fly on the Set: Pentagon — On the set filming of the Pentagon Military Command Center
* Music and Mayhem — Renowned special effects house ILM deconstructs the blockbuster action of Transformers
* Metal in Motion — Special effects tests and early robot animation
* Stunts 101 — An in-depth look at the amazing stunts in Transformers
* Choose Your Weapon —A fly on the wall glimpse into the selection of weapons and how they were used by the film's soldiers
* The Man in the Ice — From design to production, watch the Arctic come to life on various sets in Los Angeles, California
* Voices — The voices behind the Autobots and Decepticons
* Audition Tapes: Megan Fox — Megan's original Transformers audition

That said, around the time the HD DVD was released, Paramount had gone on record that this was the plan from the start. They didn't want to release a newer edition to coincide with any of the sequels. They wanted customers to simply download whatever new features they wanted so they'd have a super deluxe edition without having to go out and buy a new one.

As long as they don't start charging people for this stuff, I can see it taking off. That said, they should maybe make a disc media version for those without BD live capability or high speed internet. Just make them pay for s&h handling and that's it.
Old 06-13-09, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got to love it. people complain about double dipping all the time, so what do they do when paramount surprises us by NOT making us by a new release to get a ton of new bonus features? THEY COMPLAIN STILL!!

absolutely amazing, just be happy that your getting this stuff,and not having to pay more for it.
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Couldn't they have just released most of that stuff on the actual disc? That is going to be a shitload of downloading to be able to watch all of that. It is nice they're doing it but why hold on to so much stuff?
Old 06-13-09, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Well, I'd rather they just put this stuff online. I mean online, as in, viewable on a website. It would probably download much faster, and I wouldn't have to go pull out a disc to watch something that isn't even on that disc.

But yes, I agree that it's nice that they're not just doing another edition - yet.