HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Circuit City HD-DVD "floater" replacement?

Old 03-30-08, 10:17 PM

Circuit City HD-DVD "floater" replacement?

Ok, incase I get burned for posting this as I'm sure it has been discussed plenty of times, I must say I searched the forums under floaters and loose discs before posting this.

Just today I purchased The Searchers on HD-DVD from Circuit City with their 50% off deal. When I opened the package I found the disc, not necessarily floating, but pinned under one of the insert tabs with deep scratches on the playing surface.

Is this something Circuit City will deal with or do I have to go through Warner? Secondly, with in being HD-DVD and not Blu-Ray, what are my chances of them even replying to the damaged disc?

Once again, I apologize for asking this sure to have been answered question, but I could not find the answer. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-31-08, 08:02 AM
Cool New Member

The same thing happened to my Searchers, except it came from Fry's. I think you might have gotten it though. When I tried to exchange it at store, they said it was discontinued. Ended up getting World Trade Center. I went back to the store about a week later and saw three copies on the shelf. Luckily, this time it was in perfect condition.

You should be able to take it back to the store and receive store credit, since they most likely will not have anymore in stock. If you do not want store credit, then I guess you're pretty much SOL? Sorry.
Old 03-31-08, 09:34 PM

Thanks a bunch. I think I grabbed the last copy, but worse case, I'll pick something else out and get the Searchers somewhere else.