Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Best Buy to give away free gift cards to HD DVD owners

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Best Buy to give away free gift cards to HD DVD owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-08, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats to those finally receiving their gift cards. And if you're in the market for a PS3, it's good timing. I used my $100 BB HD-DVD gift card last night to pick up a 40gb PS3. Basically, you can try to price match a Walmart promotion offering $100 gift cards on purchases of Blu-ray players, including PS3s. They were a bit reluctant to price match, but I was armed with the magic code for them to enter: 6867688. Once he did that, the promotion popped up on his screen, and he checked me out no problem.

So, $399 for the PS3, less my $100 gift card from the HD-DVD promotion, and then you get the new $100 gift card from this promotion, which I'll use to by a PS3 blu-ray remote and second controller. It's a great deal.
Old 06-11-08, 09:22 AM

Got mine yesterday also. That Judas Priest Super Deluxe Vinyl set will be pretty tempting next week......
Old 06-11-08, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My gift card also arrived on Tuesday. I called on Monday and complained and was told they were taking down info to send to corporate to find out what the problem was. Sure enough it shows up the very next day.
Old 06-12-08, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Didn't get mine yet, will check for the next few days, then call.
Old 06-24-08, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by danicus007
My gift card also arrived on Tuesday. I called on Monday and complained and was told they were taking down info to send to corporate to find out what the problem was. Sure enough it shows up the very next day.
They said the same thing to me but I still have not seen mine. It's starting to get irritating.
Old 07-28-08, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As a final update, I called for my 8th (yes eight times) to see where the hell my card was. The lady was very nice on the phone and said she was sending a $75GC personally and I would see it in a week. Sure enough, it showed up on Friday. About time!
Old 07-30-08, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Just got it today. Only took 3 months.
Old 08-26-08, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by steebo777
As a final update, I called for my 8th (yes eight times) to see where the hell my card was. The lady was very nice on the phone and said she was sending a $75GC personally and I would see it in a week. Sure enough, it showed up on Friday. About time!
And as a bonus to this, somehow BB screwed up and sent me two $50 GCs in the mail yesterday. Same day, same name, same address, two $50. So they basically paid me for the player and 9 HD DVDs.

I have no complaints as I know where I am getting my BR player form
Old 10-13-08, 12:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Still haven't received my card after calling several times over the past few months. I called today and apparently I've been specifically marked to talk to a particular person about my account. I left a voice message and I'm hoping to hear from this person soon.

Over the months, my plans for what I would actually use the card on have changed dramatically.