Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official HD DVD Clearance Sale Thread Part 2

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The Official HD DVD Clearance Sale Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-08, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
No, you're all wrong. DanDaMan069 is Da Man! He's Da Bomb! He's the greatest DVDTalk poster in the history of DVDTalk posters! And the "69" in his name makes him extra extra kewl to boot!

In conclusion, I think Abraham Lincoln would be most impressed with the posts of DanDaMan069. I know I am.

Too bad I don't have a Circuit City any closer than Circle City. My burgeoning HD-DVD collection can use another dozen titles, easy.

DanDaMan069, thank you for being you!
Old 04-10-08, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got my BSG after only 8 days. Touche' Ezydvd, touche'.

I'm gonna go watch it now..
Old 04-10-08, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kenbuzz
And the "69" in his name makes him extra extra kewl to boot!
It just means that he likes to give and receive. He gave the info on the 75% off sale and now he wants to receive his just due.
Old 04-10-08, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I checked my CC today. No HD-DVD's to be found. Manager says they were shipped back.
Old 04-10-08, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Moopher
Just got my BSG after only 8 days. Touche' Ezydvd, touche'.

I'm gonna go watch it now..
They are fast! I'm watching mine right now. I'm on disc 3 already. Too bad Season 2 and 3 aren't out. Might have to pick up the dvds.
Old 04-10-08, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just stopped by one of the CC in Rochester and they had 5 HD's left. Not 5 titles, but 5 discs and they were not titles I was interested in so I didn't inquire as to the %
Old 04-10-08, 03:27 PM

I just went to my local CC where I went the other day and the 50% off sale was in effect but today it wasn't. They had at least 100+ discs just sitting there and when I went to check out they came up full price and the girl at the register wouldn't change them to the 50% off. Ugh, I should have just bought them the other day...
Old 04-10-08, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
Is there any particular reason that you've been amazingly difficult in this thread over the past month? I mean really, what do you want here, someone to exalt you as some sort of clearance sale demi-god? You need to back off a bit, man...If it's all about glory, then you should stop posting here - we have these threads to discuss deals, not gloat.
Old 04-10-08, 04:13 PM

It just means that he likes to give and receive. He gave the info on the 75% off sale and now he wants to receive his just due.
I aint just dueing anyone

Seriously, in Austin, the Southpark Meadows CC store still has HD DVD but at full price. It was a no go for me there.
Old 04-10-08, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by brizz
i am simply letting you guys/gals know that i am able to get PM off websites in stores on several occasions...is it not the point of this thread, to help others find the best deals on hd dvd's an BR? thats all i am tring to do... and if somebody posted a tip about a possible sale that no one else knew about, and i went to the store and got the 75% off sale... i would come home and thank that person...because if it wasnt for a tip, i would never have tried. its just common courtesy...

i have never been on a forum where people are bashing a new member for his posts of great deals and success... most of you here are a bunch of cry babies and haters because you arent getting the best prices as i am..

best of luck to you that wrote me thanking me for the tips...the rest of you, most of which are dvd legends.. you are quite pathetic i will keep my deals to myself...take care peeps..
Old 04-10-08, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That post is exactly why you have rubbed a lot of long time posters here the wrong way.
Old 04-10-08, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

BTW: I notice the Star Trek S1 set has dropped down to $96.95 at Amazon. Not sure what the price was but that seems like it is lower than it was before (earlier in the thread there was talk about $95 at roddenberry.com being a good price).
Old 04-10-08, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by DanDaMan069
i am simply letting you guys/gals know that i am able to get PM off websites in stores on several occasions...is it not the point of this thread, to help others find the best deals on hd dvd's an BR? thats all i am tring to do... and if somebody posted a tip about a possible sale that no one else knew about, and i went to the store and got the 75% off sale... i would come home and thank that person...because if it wasnt for a tip, i would never have tried. its just common courtesy...

i have never been on a forum where people are bashing a new member for his posts of great deals and success... most of you here are a bunch of cry babies and haters because you arent getting the best prices as i am..

best of luck to you that wrote me thanking me for the tips...the rest of you, most of which are dvd legends.. you are quite pathetic i will keep my deals to myself...take care peeps..
Thanks. Sorry it's late. After my clarification, though, I think it's fair to say that anyone who gets the 75% off today or tomorrow now owes me a thanks. You can still collect thanks from the people who get in on it Saturday or Sunday, since that was what your original post contained.

Also, somewhat related, I think some people might still owe me some thanks from previous things I'd posted in the thread. If anyone remembers benefiting from anything I've posted, you can go ahead and offer me a belated thanks now and I won't hold it against you. Thanks.
Old 04-10-08, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts
its just common courtesy...
it must also be common courtesy to facetiously tell someone, "you're welcome" when you expected a thank you and didn't get it.

irony is funny.
Old 04-10-08, 05:13 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
No need to quote or respond to him. His last rant was a goodbye speech, right?
Old 04-10-08, 05:33 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts

Hey, that is awesome!

Damn, wrong thread.
Old 04-10-08, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thank you world - and you're welcome.

Now that that's covered , anyone see any American Werewolf in London deals around, or any discs for that matter? Seems to be getting difficult to find...
Old 04-10-08, 05:39 PM

well, i haven't called EVERY CC in Houston but I've called a few.. and so far not finding any HD discs T_T. I have never gotten on the line with a manager, though.. so maybe if I was actually there (and the discs were in storage or something) i could get them to roll em out. I'm wondering if it's worth driving all over houston for, though...tough call.
Old 04-10-08, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I did see one or 2 copies in Rochester but I passed on it. As I said previously I went to 1 store today and they had 5 lonely discs sitting on a cart and nothing that I wanted. I'm guessing the other stores won't be much better. If I find a copy I'll PM you.
Old 04-10-08, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by zeez
I'm wondering if it's worth driving all over houston for, though...tough call.
That's why I've been skipping these B&M "deals". Gas is too expensive to be gallivanting all over creation. I was shot down at the Best Buy up the street a few weeks ago when they wouldn't go below 30%...said that was enough of that.

Besides, I'd rather see CC or BB get fleeced then buy the stuff off a private seller and have them make a little money instead. Up with the little man!
Old 04-10-08, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JimRochester
I did see one or 2 copies in Rochester but I passed on it. As I said previously I went to 1 store today and they had 5 lonely discs sitting on a cart and nothing that I wanted. I'm guessing the other stores won't be much better. If I find a copy I'll PM you.
Thank you kindly.
Old 04-10-08, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by naitram

Now that that's covered , anyone see any American Werewolf in London deals around, or any discs for that matter? Seems to be getting difficult to find...
American Werewolf is in the ezydvd sale, and is not a combo
Old 04-10-08, 06:15 PM

I'm amazingly jealous of those of you whose CC stores actually have HD-DVD on sale.... still full price here.

*bleagh*
Old 04-10-08, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

FYI, for you Canucks that ordered from HMV.ca online, it looks like the orders are starting to ship:

"Just a quick e-mail to let you know we've shipped the following items from your order # XXXXXX, made on 2008-03-28:

1 HDD MOVIE BRUCE ALMIGHTY/WDS/PG CDN 14.99
1 HDD MOVIE ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLE CDN 6.99
1 HDD MOVIE SHAUN OF THE DEAD/WDS/18A CDN 6.99
1 HDD MOVIE EASTERN PROMISES/WDS/18A CDN 8.99
1 HDD MOVIE PANS LABYRINTH/WDS/14A CDN 6.99"

I was able to get Eastern Promises and Pan's Labyrinth already, so I'll be trading those looking for some other wants.

PS I only ordered Bruce Almighty at that price because I needed to get over the threshold for free shipping
Old 04-11-08, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by naitram

I got it from EzyDVD this week. I think it was one of the $9.02au discs...so about $13 total.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.