HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Anyone own Avalon on Blu-Ray???

Old 02-21-08, 06:03 PM

Anyone own Avalon on Blu-Ray???

Here is the Yesasia link to the film I mean:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004710303/

The is kind of an obscured film but I really love it. I have the Japanese Region 2 Import because the US Region 1 is terrible, but I have been getting tempted by the Blu-Ray. It looks like such a cool set, and I don't really have anything special or different on Blu-Ray yet.

Anybody have this set. It is a pretty expensive item and I was just wondering if anybody had any opinions of the merits of the upgrade.
Old 02-22-08, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I have it. It's a nice upgrade from the DVD. The "Class Real" scenes look more like real life in HD, which I think was likely the intent. Most of the film is deliberately drained of color, as you know, but it does look sharper. A standard definition (region 2) DVD is also included in the box.
Old 02-22-08, 04:50 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll probably hold off until I kind find one discounted or on Ebay. I just can't justify the $100 on one BR when I already have the Japanese Region 2 which is pretty good anyway.

I tried to sell the Japanese Region 2 to help come up with the money for the upgrade, but this film is so upscure, or unpopular as the case might be, that nobody even looked at it on Ebay.