HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

10$ Rebate Con Air/The Rock/Crimson Tide

Old 02-20-08, 09:28 AM

10$ Rebate Con Air/The Rock/Crimson Tide

I received mine yesterday. Almost threw it out. Looked like junk mail. Coincidence? So keep an eye out for it. My problem is there's no spot to endorse the check and it's completely blank on the back...weird. Anyone else get theirs yet? Funny thing is...I sent this out 1/12 received it yesterday...

Sent the 5 Blu-ray rebate in back in November and still didn't receive it....weird how I got the recent one before the old one.
Old 02-20-08, 07:07 PM

did you send in for all 3 rebates or just 1? I was trying to find out if its ok to send in for all 3 when the rebate form says 1 per household.
Old 02-20-08, 07:13 PM

Just the one. Not sure about sending in for the other two but it's worth a shot.
Old 02-20-08, 07:46 PM

Is this rebate for just buying the movie? They have these on Amazon for $15 and with a $10 rebate - can't beat even a double dip at $5 a movie....
Old 02-20-08, 08:34 PM

If you own it on dvd, cut out the upc and send in w/the BD upc as well It's basically a promotion to upgrade to blu-ray from your standards. Jump on it while you can. Best Buy has these for $20/ pop now.
Old 02-20-08, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mike2
If you own it on dvd, cut out the upc and send in w/the BD upc as well It's basically a promotion to upgrade to blu-ray from your standards. Jump on it while you can. Best Buy has these for $20/ pop now.
Actually, all 3 are on sale this week at Best Buy for $14.99 ... and on Amazon.com for $14.95.

Last edited by flix1; 02-20-08 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-20-08, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mr.bill
did you send in for all 3 rebates or just 1? I was trying to find out if its ok to send in for all 3 when the rebate form says 1 per household.
Is it the same exact rebate form in all 3 blu-rays?

Does someone have a scan/picture of what the rebate form looks like?

I picked up The Rock this week for $14.99 at Best Buy and was thinking about getting Con Air too, but if I cannot get the rebate on both, I am going to pass.

Thanks.
Old 02-20-08, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by flix1
Is it the same exact rebate form in all 3 blu-rays?

Does someone have a scan/picture of what the rebate form looks like?

I picked up The Rock this week for $14.99 at Best Buy and was thinking about getting Con Air too, but if I cannot get the rebate on both, I am going to pass.

Thanks.
You can call Buena Vista or e-mail them and they will mail you rebate forms.
Old 02-20-08, 10:30 PM

I have sent in con air and I have opened crimson tide and the form is the same and they go to the same mailing address.

I don't see how they would be able to track which rebate they sent you. So I would think the 1 per household will be a problem.. But I do not know for sure.

Yes, I could come up with alternate addresses, but it would be more of a hassle and if the studio gave it a moments thought they could have used different forms. Someone is going to have to call to get a final answer to this one.

I also want to find out what I can submit for my criterion the rock dvd as it does not have a proof of purchase tabs.

Also their form does not say if you should send tab a or tab b. I jusr sent both for con air
Old 02-22-08, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

called buena vista home entertainment today and the rep that helped me said that you will get a rebate check for each of the movies. i said that the forms were exactly the same, and she said they can tell by the proof of purchase tabs that you tape to the form. FWIW
Old 02-24-08, 11:29 PM

Has anyone had any luck getting a rebate with the Unrated version of Con Air? Mine was returned to me saying I didn't have an authorized proof of purchase tab for the Con Air DVD and I used the unrated version. What number are you contacting Buena Vista at? Looks like I'm going to have to call them on this one.
Old 02-25-08, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by jonboy71
Has anyone had any luck getting a rebate with the Unrated version of Con Air? Mine was returned to me saying I didn't have an authorized proof of purchase tab for the Con Air DVD and I used the unrated version. What number are you contacting Buena Vista at? Looks like I'm going to have to call them on this one.
That really sucks, I was planning to use the Unrated Crimson Tide
Old 02-25-08, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got rejected on the Criterion Rock. Even though it's the exact same supplements on the Blu-Ray disc. This is fucking bullshit.
Old 02-25-08, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pillowhead
I got rejected on the Criterion Rock. Even though it's the exact same supplements on the Blu-Ray disc. This is fucking bullshit.
You criterion and unrated version buyers have a legitimate beef. the form clearly states "Any previous version". That's a cut and dry argument in my book. If you call Buena Vista, I'm sure they will agree with you and help you out. Their customer service is #1 by a mile.
Old 02-25-08, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I also failed with the Con Air unrated. Seems kinda BS. I figure I'll send it back in some time soon. Sad thing is I could have gotten the old bare bones Con Air POP if I really need to. But now I no longer can.
Old 02-25-08, 11:09 PM

Can someone post the number to Buena Vista?
Old 02-26-08, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just sent them an email.

I received my rebate status for the The Rock $10 offer and it was denied. It said the proof of purchase was incorrect.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I purchased The Rock Criterion collection and taped the upc to the rebate form. I did the same for The Rock Blu-Ray. It plainly states on the rebate form - Buy - ANY VERSION/EDITION of these films on DVD. I bought the Criterion VERSION/EDITION. I bought The Rock on blu-ray. Filled out the information and send it in and get denied.

I sent in for the Crimson Tide offer as well, will that get denied as well?

I'm hard pressed to purchase any Disney owned media in the future if you blatantly disregard your own rebate instructions. In the meantime, if I don't receive a satisfactory response I'll be adding my experience to the various customer service sites and message boards that I frequent.
Old 02-26-08, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Looks like unless its a Disney/Buena Vista release it will get denied.
Old 02-26-08, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Pillowhead
I just sent them an email.

I received my rebate status for the The Rock $10 offer and it was denied. It said the proof of purchase was incorrect.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I purchased The Rock Criterion collection and taped the upc to the rebate form. I did the same for The Rock Blu-Ray. It plainly states on the rebate form - Buy - ANY VERSION/EDITION of these films on DVD. I bought the Criterion VERSION/EDITION. I bought The Rock on blu-ray. Filled out the information and send it in and get denied.
That's no good. I just sent mine in for the Rock(also used Criterion) last week. Have you called them yet?
Old 02-26-08, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Looks like unless its a Disney/Buena Vista release it will get denied.

Hell, my Disney/Buena Vista release of Con Air was denied (it was the newer version). It seems like they're only accepting one code for each film for this promotion, and it's the older version.
Old 02-26-08, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
That's no good. I just sent mine in for the Rock(also used Criterion) last week. Have you called them yet?
If anyone gets a response, let us know.

I have not yet sent mine in. I don't want to cut up my Criterion case for no reason.
Old 02-26-08, 12:39 PM

Phone number please???
Old 02-26-08, 12:50 PM

OK, I found the phone numbers:

1-800-477-2811 customer relations
1-888-877-2843 in Canada
Old 02-26-08, 01:01 PM

I just called and the lady was very helpful and couldn't understand why these were being rejected. She said she had brought this to the attention of the rebate coordinator and I will be receiving a phone call from them once they have a solution in place. I would recommend others to call as well so they are aware this is a common problem, not just an isolated incident.
Old 02-26-08, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I just called and the lady was very helpful and couldn't understand why these were being rejected. She said she had brought this to the attention of the rebate coordinator and I will be receiving a phone call from them once they have a solution in place. I would recommend others to call as well so they are aware this is a common problem, not just an isolated incident.
Thanks jonboy.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.