Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

When are those damn Spider-man PS3 bundles going away?

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 02-19-08, 11:48 AM
Banned

That's the last bloody title I'd want. Am I the only annoyed by the fact that's like the only way you can get a PS3 from anywhere? Either give me something I want with it, or drop the friggin price a little.
Old 02-19-08, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Spiderman3 BD is free inside the PS3 box. The price will not go down if they remove it. Just like when they had Talladega Nights packed in with the first PS3's.
Old 02-19-08, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Buy it and sell it... It's not like the price will get lower once they stop putting it in the box.
Old 02-19-08, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

just eBay the title for $10 if you dont want it.
Old 02-19-08, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Viper187
Am I the only annoyed by the fact that's like the only way you can get a PS3 from anywhere?
i'm not really interested in owning Spider-man 3, but i'm not annoyed that Sony packed it in for free with the PS3 that i bought. as was already noted, the price of the system would not go down if they didn't bundle a movie or game with it. they're not bundling the disc to sell more systems, they're bundling it to sell PS3 purchasers on blu-ray movies. it makes sense that they would choose both the top-grossing Sony Pictures movie of 2007 and one that would appeal to the gamer crowd.

i guess i don't really understand what there is to complain about. if you want to own a PS3, buy one. if you don't want the free movie that comes with it, don't keep it - the promotion wasn't designed for consumers like you.
Old 02-19-08, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

At some stores the Spider-Man PS3 bundle has already gone away. I was at Future Shop on Friday and noticed that they had a few 40 GB PS3 units, in a more compact box sans Spidey. The bad news is that the price was still $399.

Honestly, Sony has no reason to cut prices now, especially with Toshiba packing up and going home today.

I still see tons of the Spidey PS3 bundles at Best Buy though.
Old 02-19-08, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got jack shit included with my 60 gig PS3 when I bought it a year ago for substantially more than $399, so I can't exactly say that I empathize with you. I would have been thrilled to have Spider-man 3 included. Just buy the damn thing and sell the movie. Jeez, people complain about everything these days.
Old 02-19-08, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I bought the Spidey BD box set on release for $39 after coupons (gotta love B&N coupons).

I sold the Spidey 3 after I watched it for I think $12 shipped and chucked the box, keeping only Spidey 1 and Spidey 2. Get over it. Consider it a $10 discount on the system.

BTW: Spidey 3 was the most disturbingly sharp hi-def disc I've seen, period. I hear it was something to do with the film stock. I dunno if I like the look, but it's excellent demo material which is probably why Sony is handing it out.
Old 02-19-08, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by cultshock
I got jack shit included with my 60 gig PS3 when I bought it a year ago for substantially more than $399, so I can't exactly say that I empathize with you. I would have been thrilled to have Spider-man 3 included. Just buy the damn thing and sell the movie. Jeez, people complain about everything these days.
This.
Old 02-19-08, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

This +1

I didn't get shit either. I'd have loved something. At least it's better than Talladega Nights.

Personally it would make more sense to include hi-def cables or a remote if they are going to promote it as a movie machine over gaming system.
Old 02-19-08, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was happy to get Spiderman 3 in my PS3. I missed it in theaters and held off on buying the SD, so I finally got to see what all the fuss was about. I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be, other than Mary Jane, who I think has been dreadful in all three films.
Old 02-19-08, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Besides, stores like Best Buy seem to have freebie promotions with the PS3 now and then anyway. I got Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 and Rainbow Six Vegas thrown in for free with my Spidey PS3 bundle, which I thought was pretty good. I at least have an interest in playing those games.
Old 02-19-08, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by bookcase3
I was happy to get Spiderman 3 in my PS3. I missed it in theaters and held off on buying the SD, so I finally got to see what all the fuss was about. I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be, other than Mary Jane, who I think has been dreadful in all three films.
Have to vote against you on this one. Spiderman 3 and X-Men 3 are both so bad that they have ruined the first two movies in the series for me.
Old 02-19-08, 08:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Personally it would make more sense to include hi-def cables or a remote if they are going to promote it as a movie machine over gaming system.
Exactly! Give us something useful! Another thing that'd be nice is if Amazon or some place let you choose a BD movie to have for free instead of forcing a specific title down your throat.
Old 02-20-08, 12:33 AM
Banned by request

It's not being forced down your throat. It's in the box when it's shipped out from the factory. Amazon is just selling you what was provided to them by Sony. And, as many others have mentioned, it's at no extra cost to you. You can sell the disc and actually make a little money off of it.

The real point of complaint is that the version of SM3 that comes with the PS3 is just disc one of the two disc set that's available separately. If I had bought the Spidey bundle, I would have expected to get the 2-disc set.
Old 02-20-08, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

+1.

Stop complaining, they're not charging you extra for it.
Old 02-20-08, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I already own Spidey 3 but when I picked up a PS3 again yesterday it was nice to get a little something extra. I sure as hell didn't want MotorStorm.
Old 02-20-08, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Would you rather not get a free movie?
Ill send you $3 Paypal for it.
Old 02-20-08, 01:31 AM
Banned

It could be worse, they could have a Serenity bundle instead.
Old 02-20-08, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
It could be worse, they could have a Serenity bundle instead.
That would of swayed my choice to Blu-Ray faster than the death of HD-DVD did.
Old 02-20-08, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I heard they are going to do a "I Know Who Killed Me" bundle.
Razor blades are included at no additional charge.
Old 02-20-08, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
I already own Spidey 3 but when I picked up a PS3 again yesterday it was nice to get a little something extra. I sure as hell didn't want MotorStorm.
Yeah - that's what I ended up with. Wanted an 80GB that was backwards compatible. Played it maybe twice and pretty much hate it. No resale value either since everyone that got a copy is trying to dump it on eBay or Half.com.
Old 02-20-08, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Am I the only person that loves Motorstorm? I bought it the day it came out and still play it (and I'm not much of a gamer either). Now, lucky bastards are getting it for free and don't even want it.
Old 02-20-08, 01:31 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
The real point of complaint is that the version of SM3 that comes with the PS3 is just disc one of the two disc set that's available separately. If I had bought the Spidey bundle, I would have expected to get the 2-disc set.
Damn, I didn't know this... I'm sitting here waiting for my PS3 to arrive via UPS as we speak. That's a bit of bad news, but I still can't complain about any free movie/pack-in.
Old 02-20-08, 01:36 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Am I the only person that loves Motorstorm? I bought it the day it came out and still play it (and I'm not much of a gamer either). Now, lucky bastards are getting it for free and don't even want it.
I like it too. When we got the PS3 I thought I'd like playing the baseball and football games best, but MotorStorm has been my favorite.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.