Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone plan on buying the T2 German import HD-DVD?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Anyone plan on buying the T2 German import HD-DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-08, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by steelpotato
ezydvd cancelled t2 hd-dvd orders, and it's not on the site any more at all.
Maybe they cancelled late orders, but I actually got mine in the mail from Ezdvd on Monday. The Aussie version is bare-bones, but it is the extended edition and the transfer is pretty good. There are some soft parts in dark scenes, but overall it's fairly impressive. I'd love all the extras in the German edition. But for about $14 US, I'm satisfied with the film only Aussie version.

I just wish we could get the original Terminator on HD DVD to round the trio out.
Old 03-26-08, 10:38 AM

I can totally appreciate why people are getting this version, but it's not for me. For the $$, I'd rather buy 3 other movies.

I remain hopeful that an improved BD transfer will be released down the road.
Old 03-26-08, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
BTW - Xploited has the UK HD-DVD version of T2 marked down to $21.95, probably in anticipation of the German release. If you don't own this and don't want to drop the change necessary for the German one, $21.95 is probably too good a price point to let this slip by.
Old 03-26-08, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I cancelled the Death Proof HD DVD and it looks like T2 shipped today from Amazon.de.

Is Death Proof still on tap? I thought it was coming in March also but now it says June.
Old 03-27-08, 04:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sbelli
Maybe they cancelled late orders, but I actually got mine in the mail from Ezdvd on Monday. The Aussie version is bare-bones, but it is the extended edition and the transfer is pretty good. There are some soft parts in dark scenes, but overall it's fairly impressive. I'd love all the extras in the German edition. But for about $14 US, I'm satisfied with the film only Aussie version.

I just wish we could get the original Terminator on HD DVD to round the trio out.
well you got lucky. i ordered mine about as soon as it hit its low price point and no dice boo...
Old 04-09-08, 06:16 AM

I have this German edition coming. Will have to let you know what I think
Old 04-09-08, 08:57 AM
Banned

I received the German T2 disc from Xploited last night and plan on watching tonight. Will have a little bubbly to go along with the movie and conmemmorate the viewing of what will most likely be the last HD-DVD I will ever purchase.