Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Any word on if Lost Seasons 1 & 2 will be coming to Blu-ray ?

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Any word on if Lost Seasons 1 & 2 will be coming to Blu-ray ?

Old 02-18-08, 07:47 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: now=Wisconsin someday=las vegas
Posts: 2,158
Any word on if Lost Seasons 1 & 2 will be coming to Blu-ray ?

I know season 3 is out but are seasons 1 or 2 coming out also?
Borst is offline  
Old 02-18-08, 07:54 PM
  #2  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 381
Nothing yet, but i am waiting for it as well. Hopefully they will tie it in with the Season 4 release.
QuePaso is offline  
Old 02-18-08, 07:56 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
RoboDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: A far green country
Posts: 5,960
Don't ask "if", ask WHEN!

I would dearly love them too!
RoboDad is offline  
Old 02-18-08, 07:57 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,406
Season 3 apparently sold well, but Season 1 and 2 are now considered Catalog titles, and so far catalog titles on HDM have sold poorly (Prison Break, Battlestar G)
Gizmo is offline  
Old 02-18-08, 08:14 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,384
I would say these will come sometime in the next year or so. All episodes are available on XBox Marketplace.
Qui Gon Jim is offline  
Old 02-18-08, 08:18 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 19,717
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Season 3 apparently sold well, but Season 1 and 2 are now considered Catalog titles, and so far catalog titles on HDM have sold poorly (Prison Break, Battlestar G)
I'd say LOST is a wee bit more popular than either of those two catalog titles that you mentioned. There is no doubt that Blu-Ray releases of the first two seasons would at least sell decently.
dsa_shea is offline  
Old 02-18-08, 08:30 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,406
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I'd say LOST is a wee bit more popular than either of those two catalog titles that you mentioned. There is no doubt that Blu-Ray releases of the first two seasons would at least sell decently.
Lost is by far more popular then either of those shows, however Lost S3 set the bar high for TV on HDM. I don't think we would be getting those great HD features if they were to release Season 1 and 2 right away. Seems like a lot of work would be needed.

I'd still be first in line to buy them. Season 3 on Blu-ray was by far one of the best HDM experiences I have had of all 2007.
Gizmo is offline  
Old 02-18-08, 08:41 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 19,717
Let's hope they hit soon. If it were me I'd release season 1 sometime at the beginning of the summer and then season 2 around October or November. Spread em out enough so that people can afford to buy them. Also, they need to add the special episodes to the set as well as some more documentary material about how the show is made. They also need to throw in all of the extra deleted scenes that weren't included in the first release but have been leaked to various LOST related websites. The mobisodes would be great as well but I see those attached to the season 4 release to fill it out some. Hell, even adding some of the podcasts as extras would be great.
dsa_shea is offline  
Old 02-18-08, 08:43 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Drexl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 16,001
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Lost is by far more popular then either of those shows, however Lost S3 set the bar high for TV on HDM. I don't think we would be getting those great HD features if they were to release Season 1 and 2 right away. Seems like a lot of work would be needed.
Would it be so bad if they just ported over the existing extras they did for the DVDs?
Drexl is offline  
Old 02-18-08, 08:43 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,406
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Let's hope they hit soon. If it were me I'd release season 1 sometime at the beginning of the summer and then season 2 around October or November. Spread em out enough so that people can afford to buy them. Also, they need to add the special episodes to the set as well as some more documentary material about how the show is made. They also need to throw in all of the extra deleted scenes that weren't included in the first release but have been leaked to various LOST related websites. The mobisodes would be great as well but I see those attached to the season 4 release to fill it out some. Hell, even adding some of the podcasts as extras would be great.
Wouldn't work.

Season 4 would come out around December or so of this year on Blu-ray...so Season 1 would need to be like May and Season 2 in September (if they would follow it like most other shows playing catch up on DVD).
Gizmo is offline  
Old 02-18-08, 08:50 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 19,717
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Wouldn't work.

Season 4 would come out around December or so of this year on Blu-ray...so Season 1 would need to be like May and Season 2 in September (if they would follow it like most other shows playing catch up on DVD).
May and September would work for me.
dsa_shea is offline  
Old 02-18-08, 08:51 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,406
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
May and September would work for me.
May would mean an announcement like this week. I don't think that will happen
Gizmo is offline  
Old 02-18-08, 10:42 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 19,717
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
May would mean an announcement like this week. I don't think that will happen
Well, then make it happen!
dsa_shea is offline  
Old 02-18-08, 11:45 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
RoboDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: A far green country
Posts: 5,960
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
May would mean an announcement like this week. I don't think that will happen
Hope springs eternal!
RoboDad is offline  
Old 03-10-08, 03:25 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 57,691
Just finished season 3 about a week ago. I'd pick up the first two seasons in a heartbeat. Hopefully they are already in the works.
Michael Corvin is offline  
Old 03-10-08, 03:52 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Pa
Posts: 11,841
They might tie in a release with season four. I can't wait to see how they price the shortened season.
DthRdrX is online now  
Old 03-10-08, 04:52 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
The Bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 54,863
I don't plan on rewatching the series until it's over, so I'll be waiting a few years for the complete series.
The Bus is offline  
Old 03-10-08, 04:57 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 9,517
That's what I was thinking Bus... I'll pick up the complete set and rewatch in five yrs or so. Should be fun to revisit.
Artman is offline  
Old 03-10-08, 05:01 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
GenPion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,658
I hope so. I don't even have a Blu Ray player yet but this would create an added incentive for me to get one... I don't plan on upgrading most of my DVD's to HD media but I would upgrade for Lost in a heartbeat.
GenPion is offline  
Old 03-10-08, 05:20 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
mdc3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Posts: 9,921
Originally Posted by The Bus
I don't plan on rewatching the series until it's over, so I'll be waiting a few years for the complete series.
I'm just about to start rewatching the series again (during the few weeks it has off after this week's ep until season 4 resumes) and really wish I had the first two in Blu-ray as well... I've already seen season 1 & 2 at least twice, but this current season has really made me want to go back and watch them all again! Come on disney bring on the BD's (I know catalogue doesn't sell great, heck I didn't even buy PB or BSG on high def even though I love them, but LOST I would HAVE to upgrade on).
mdc3000 is offline  
Old 03-10-08, 06:06 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wild Wonderful...
Posts: 1,750
never seen an episode of this series put would pick it up once the first two seasons go into HD.
True_Story1011 is offline  
Old 03-10-08, 06:20 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: IL
Posts: 1,799
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Just finished season 3 about a week ago. I'd pick up the first two seasons in a heartbeat. Hopefully they are already in the works.
Does the last episode of Season 3 have any option to view the "Enhanced" (pop up) notes shown during its repeat airing just before the current season started?

I am hoping that the Season 4 release includes these, since every episode has an "enhanced" pop up viewing a week after the original airing date. There is some interesting information in those.
flix1 is offline  
Old 03-10-08, 06:25 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 19,717
Originally Posted by flix1
Does the last episode of Season 3 have any option to view the "Enhanced" (pop up) notes shown during its repeat airing just before the current season started?

I am hoping that the Season 4 release includes these, since every episode has an "enhanced" pop up viewing a week after the original airing date. There is some interesting information in those.
I don't think it does. It would be nice if they could add these as downloadables to the newer players and PS3's hard drive so that they will play along with whichever episode your'e watching. Hopefully they'll be included in future seasons but we shall see.
dsa_shea is offline  
Old 03-10-08, 06:43 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk God
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,201
I really dislike getting the current seasons of shows available but not the earlier ones. But Lost S3 was fantastic, and I will pick up whatever they put out.
kvrdave is offline  
Old 03-11-08, 09:21 AM
  #25  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 9,863
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Let's hope they hit soon. If it were me I'd release season 1 sometime at the beginning of the summer and then season 2 around October or November. Spread em out enough so that people can afford to buy them. Also, they need to add the special episodes to the set as well as some more documentary material about how the show is made. They also need to throw in all of the extra deleted scenes that weren't included in the first release but have been leaked to various LOST related websites. The mobisodes would be great as well but I see those attached to the season 4 release to fill it out some.
I think they're doing pop-ups on the repeats for the current season at 8pm before the new episode. I'd LOVE to have that feature enabled on S4 (as well as S1&2 - that would be genious!).

I'm willing to wait for S1&2 if the sets would be on par (or even better!??!) than the current S3 set. I'm rewatching S3 right now and am already seeing a TON of new things I didn't realize until now while watching S4 (e.g. polar bear on a pyramid in painting in Whidmore's office!).
rfduncan is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.