Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Any news on "Into the Wild"

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-08, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's supposed to come out in a few weeks on HD DVD. Will we even see its release or will the low sales even hurt its chances of coming to blu-ray soon?
Old 02-17-08, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Paramount hasn't announced what changes, if any, are going to be made to their release slate in the wake of all of this news. I'd expect that we'll hear something over the next week or two. I'd expect anything this close to release to still come out, though.
Old 02-17-08, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Yeah, I think anything coming out in March (Into the Wild, Things We Lost in the Fire, Bee Movie and maybe The Kite Runner) will probably still come out. After that, who knows. The latter one I mentioned I wonder if they'll cancel, though. It comes out at the end of March.
Old 02-17-08, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been waiting to see Into the wild for some time now. I'm sure it will be a while until this gets Blu treatment.
Old 02-17-08, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
What I fear is that once its new release period passes, it becomes another marginal catalog title and could take quite a while to come out on BD. Something like Transformers or Shrek the Third is different, but this is a prestige film that wasn't a hit at the box office. For instance, I don't think that A Mighty Heart is going to be released soon after they support BD.
Old 02-17-08, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by Drexl
For instance, I don't think that A Mighty Heart is going to be released soon after they support BD.
From the reviews I've read, the PQ on that isn't that good anyway, so I don't know if that's much of a travesty...
Old 02-17-08, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Drexl
What I fear is that once its new release period passes, it becomes another marginal catalog title and could take quite a while to come out on BD. Something like Transformers or Shrek the Third is different, but this is a prestige film that wasn't a hit at the box office. For instance, I don't think that A Mighty Heart is going to be released soon after they support BD.
Too true and that sucks. I hope they have their shit together by the time Sweeney Todd and There Will Be Blood are due to drop though.
Old 02-17-08, 10:05 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Dane Marvin
Too true and that sucks. I hope they have their shit together by the time Sweeney Todd and There Will Be Blood are due to drop though.
So 45 days? They have already altered retailers of release dates and such, its a slim chance even if Paramount went Blu tomorrow they could even get these ready unless they have been doing them in secret. Both titles above have already been announced for DVD and HD DVD.