HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

HD-DVD Blu-ray Dual-Format for a Laptop?

Old 01-31-08, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

HD-DVD Blu-ray Dual-Format for a Laptop?

Hey, I was looking at getting a new notebook because my 5-year-old Toshiba is almost falling apart with its screen. I'm eyeing an HP for my next one; however, since I got into the HD game I have 70 movies on HD DVD and Blu-ray combined and want to play them on a laptop.

Obviously, I can't with a regular DVD drive, but what I was wondering was this: I eyeballed the LG Superblu drive that reads both and was wondering if I could possibly install it into the laptop. If this does not work, what should I do?
Old 02-01-08, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For my notebook, I have an internal blu ray drive and use the external 360 hd dvd drive. It's not the most elegant solution, but it gets the job done.
Old 02-03-08, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the prices of br drives are so fricken expensive i don't know when ill ever be able to afford one . . I've seen hd las tops for $800 but i really want br reader