Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Any other Amazon Prime members having Blu/HD problems?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-07, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if I've reached some point where it's costing them money to ship to me now or what, but the last 2 or 3 weeks they've shipped my Blu'HD preorders "ground" & "3-day-priority". Also, the last few weeks (first started w/ Kubrick discs) my orders I've pre-ordered at least 2 weeks before just sit there & don't go to shipping on Monday. If I cancel my order & make a new one, it goes to shipping within half an hour.
I emailed them about both issues & they said they don't have to use "2 day", just so it gets to me in 2 days, which they said they all did, even though one took 3 days & one took 4. They didn't say anything about the second issue. My Potter/Bourne/Zeppelin/Zorro order was just sitting, so I canceled it & now the items have already been split into 2, meaning it's getting ready to ship in 2 shipments. Are they screwing me because I order so much (at least once a week) and it's costing them to send me stuff?
Old 12-10-07, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 135 Posts
I honestly don't know what logic Amazon applies to their order fulfillment/shipping process.

I've had orders I've placed months ago sit unfulfilled while another one I placed the day it came out is shipped. That's bullshit.

Also, it is my belief that the Prime thing is largely based on making sure your items are shipped from a distro center that is within a 2 day Ground window.

For example, the majority of my stuff ships from Lexington, KY, which is a two day zone for Ground. Problem is, it's not a guaranteed service.

Recently I've had a few items shipped from their AZ distro center, and they always use 3-Day Select, which pretty much guarantees UPS won't deliver it in two days. I was actually able to extract a $10 gift certificate from Amazon on one of those orders after I demanded a partial refund for my Prime fee.

Looks like today is going to be another fun one, as my longstanding orders for Bourne Ultimatum HD DVD and Lost S3 Blu-Ray have showed no signs of entering the shipping process.

At least my Harry Potter Blu-Ray set is getting ready to ship.

Also keep in mind your initial emails/calls are now being handled by people in India. Some of them honestly don't understand our language even though they can read it. I've had to make multiple contacts on every issue I've had recently just so the problem is understood.

I tend to get the best results by always clicking the "No my problem was not resolved" link in the follow email Amazon automatically sends. This seems to put the issue in someone's hands who can actually handle it.
Old 12-10-07, 01:43 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I'm still confused why my Bourne movies are shipping out on the 13th and not tomorrow (11th), which is the release day.
Old 12-10-07, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I honestly don't know what logic Amazon applies to their order fulfillment/shipping process.

I've had orders I've placed months ago sit unfulfilled while another one I placed the day it came out is shipped. That's bullshit.

Also, it is my belief that the Prime thing is largely based on making sure your items are shipped from a distro center that is within a 2 day Ground window.

For example, the majority of my stuff ships from Lexington, KY, which is a two day zone for Ground. Problem is, it's not a guaranteed service.

Recently I've had a few items shipped from their AZ distro center, and they always use 3-Day Select, which pretty much guarantees UPS won't deliver it in two days. I was actually able to extract a $10 gift certificate from Amazon on one of those orders after I demanded a partial refund for my Prime fee.

Looks like today is going to be another fun one, as my longstanding orders for Bourne Ultimatum HD DVD and Lost S3 Blu-Ray have showed no signs of entering the shipping process.

At least my Harry Potter Blu-Ray set is getting ready to ship.

Also keep in mind your initial emails/calls are now being handled by people in India. Some of them honestly don't understand our language even though they can read it. I've had to make multiple contacts on every issue I've had recently just so the problem is understood.

I tend to get the best results by always clicking the "No my problem was not resolved" link in the follow email Amazon automatically sends. This seems to put the issue in someone's hands who can actually handle it.
Just for comparison, my Potter BDs & Bourne have already shipped, while my Lost doesn't say shipping soon yet (but the day is still young). I did get my complete Man From Uncle from Time-Life today WOO-HOOO, so all is well.
Old 12-10-07, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hammer,

What part of the country do you live in?

I suspect my local Amazon distro center is not staffed by Amazon's "finest".
Old 12-10-07, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

OK, I don't know if this is a coincidence or not.

I went in to my Bourne order, changed the shipping to One-Day, confirmed it, then changed it right back to 2-day. Now it's Shipping Soon.

We'll see if this works for my Lost order as well.
Old 12-10-07, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hammer,

What part of the country do you live in?

I suspect my local Amazon distro center is not staffed by Amazon's "finest".
I'm in Baltimore County, MD, & there's a distro center in Newark, DE that is usually pretty good to me. Two-day free shipping is usually only 1-day. With the holiday season though, I wouldn't be surprised to have to wait a day this week.
Old 12-10-07, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah sounds like you have a better one. I've been fulfilled out of that center once in a great while.
Old 12-10-07, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Everything but the Zeppelin Blu are shipping soon now. So my 2 week-old order wouldn't ship, but my new order for the same items goes to shipping right away. And this has happend the last 3 weeks. I guess I won't preorder anymore until Monday morning. I'm near Philly & they sent me one from Kentucky "ground" and thought it would take 2 days (4)?
Old 12-10-07, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Hammer99
I'm in Baltimore County, MD, & there's a distro center in Newark, DE that is usually pretty good to me. Two-day free shipping is usually only 1-day. With the holiday season though, I wouldn't be surprised to have to wait a day this week.
I love that distribution center!
Old 12-10-07, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Vipper II
I love that distribution center!

Yeah, even if the 10% discount is over, I'm still keeping Prime.
Old 12-10-07, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by El Kabong
Everything but the Zeppelin Blu are shipping soon now. So my 2 week-old order wouldn't ship, but my new order for the same items goes to shipping right away. And this has happend the last 3 weeks. I guess I won't preorder anymore until Monday morning. I'm near Philly & they sent me one from Kentucky "ground" and thought it would take 2 days (4)?
This is what I was talking about.

KY to PA is a two day zone for Ground, but since it's not guaranteed, UPS can take longer, which is to be expected with their increased volumes at this time of year.

It's really up to Amazon to anticipate this and make sure the service level they use guarantees delivery in two days.

Last edited by bunkaroo; 12-10-07 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-10-07, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Before they were sending everything 2-day. Even stuff that would make it by ground in one day was coming 2-day. They only started using other methods 2 weeks ago. That's why I thought maybe I hit the point where it was costing them to ship to me.
Old 12-10-07, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by El Kabong
Before they were sending everything 2-day. Even stuff that would make it by ground in one day was coming 2-day. They only started using other methods 2 weeks ago. That's why I thought maybe I hit the point where it was costing them to ship to me.
Maybe the distro center that services your area just changed. It's been like this for me for a while.

Then again, I would not be exaggerating if I said I've probably had about 150 packages shipped to me since I've had Prime. They like shipping everything separate - so be it.
Old 12-10-07, 07:02 PM
Suspended

Anyone want to go in for a Prime Membership? 4 People can use it for a year so it would only be $20 for each of us...
Old 12-10-07, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Maybe the distro center that services your area just changed. It's been like this for me for a while.

Then again, I would not be exaggerating if I said I've probably had about 150 packages shipped to me since I've had Prime. They like shipping everything separate - so be it.
I've tried combining orders in the past to cut them a break there, but it only takes 1 late item to keep the rest from arriving on time.
Old 12-10-07, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Anyone want to go in for a Prime Membership? 4 People can use it for a year so it would only be $20 for each of us...
Wouldn't that mean sharing the same Amazon account?
Old 12-10-07, 08:44 PM
Suspended

Wouldn't that mean sharing the same Amazon account?
No. Apparently up to four people can share the "Prime' shipping with different accounts/e-mail addresses.

How do I share Amazon Prime with members of my household?

Inviting family members to share your Amazon Prime membership is easy. Simply log into "Your Account" and click on the link to "Your Amazon Prime Membership." There you will see a list of your current membership, the status of all members linked to your Amazon Prime membership, and options to add or remove members.

* To add a member: Enter the person's name, relationship, e-mail address and birthday in the appropriate fields and click "Invite." An invitation e-mail message automatically will be sent to the e-mail address you entered. Note that invited members will need to know the month and day of your birthday to accept your invitation.
* To remove a member: Click the "Remove" button next to the name of the person you wish to remove. An e-mail message automatically will be sent to the person you remove.

Apparently many other people have been doing this for a while. One person "buys it" and sells spots for $17 or so (since 5 people can use it in total).
Old 12-10-07, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
No. Apparently up to four people can share the "Prime' shipping with different accounts/e-mail addresses.

How do I share Amazon Prime with members of my household?

Inviting family members to share your Amazon Prime membership is easy. Simply log into "Your Account" and click on the link to "Your Amazon Prime Membership." There you will see a list of your current membership, the status of all members linked to your Amazon Prime membership, and options to add or remove members.

* To add a member: Enter the person's name, relationship, e-mail address and birthday in the appropriate fields and click "Invite." An invitation e-mail message automatically will be sent to the e-mail address you entered. Note that invited members will need to know the month and day of your birthday to accept your invitation.
* To remove a member: Click the "Remove" button next to the name of the person you wish to remove. An e-mail message automatically will be sent to the person you remove.

Apparently many other people have been doing this for a while. One person "buys it" and sells spots for $17 or so (since 5 people can use it in total).

Well shit. I could have shared this with my fiancee all this time.
Old 12-10-07, 09:16 PM
Suspended

Well shit. I could have shared this with my fiancee all this time.
...Yep

Now...how about sharing some with me? I'll send some Paypal your way....
Old 12-10-07, 09:30 PM
Banned

I can share with someone here. PM me. I have 2 spots left.
Old 12-10-07, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Mine ends in a few months. I would think you'd be better off getting in with someone who may just be signing up, as I may not re-up on it.
Old 12-10-07, 10:10 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
Thanks for a spot!
Old 12-10-07, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
Your private message box is full. Can you make some space for me to pm you?
Old 12-10-07, 11:26 PM
Banned

I'm out of spots it seems. I invited GizmoDVD and now it says that I can't invite anyone else.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.