Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Any other Amazon Prime members having Blu/HD problems?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Any other Amazon Prime members having Blu/HD problems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-07, 11:36 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Arpeggi
I'm out of spots it seems. I invited GizmoDVD and now it says that I can't invite anyone else.
I was your fourth (I can see 3 other people)
Old 12-11-07, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Prime membership that renews on 12/15. I have 4 open family member spots, but I would like help w/ renewal costs. Anyone want to split this up? PM me if interested.
Old 12-11-07, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So, what "relation" are people stating for the extra "family" members?
Old 12-11-07, 12:43 AM
Suspended

Uncle.
Old 12-11-07, 01:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Uncle.

Yeah.
Old 12-11-07, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dude, I feel your pain. I am having some weird shipping things, but none as bad as you are. Mine come from all over the place and are all shipped 2-Day, but sometimes they don't get shipped all that fast. I have had over a dozen orders in the last 2 weeks so do not feel bad. In fact, I am averaging one a day right now thanks to last minute Christmas shopping.
Old 12-13-07, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by speedyray
Dude, I feel your pain. I am having some weird shipping things, but none as bad as you are. Mine come from all over the place and are all shipped 2-Day, but sometimes they don't get shipped all that fast. I have had over a dozen orders in the last 2 weeks so do not feel bad. In fact, I am averaging one a day right now thanks to last minute Christmas shopping.
That sounds about what I'm seeing myself .. alot of DVDs recently because I bought that A3 from their 12 free DVD sale.. but my HD DVDs don't ship out right away, and they've came from either KY or FL depending how soon or late in the day they get sent out. They're genereally two day sent but rarely get picked up until the day before, but always make it here on time (so far, we'll see if the next set makes it on Friday)
Old 12-13-07, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bunkaroo: I'm just up the street from you in Villa Park and have never had issues with Prime. Everything is shipped 2nd Day and gets here in 2 days. I order like a lunatic sometimes too -- over 100 in 2007 alone. I have all my orders shipped to work, so it's a commercial UPS route -- could that make a difference?
Old 12-13-07, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 136 Posts
Originally Posted by SMB-IL
Bunkaroo: I'm just up the street from you in Villa Park and have never had issues with Prime. Everything is shipped 2nd Day and gets here in 2 days. I order like a lunatic sometimes too -- over 100 in 2007 alone. I have all my orders shipped to work, so it's a commercial UPS route -- could that make a difference?
That's very interesting.

So if you take your tracking numbers and actually go to UPS.com (not tracked through the Amazon site), they ALWAYS list the Service Type as 2nd Day?

The vast majority of my shipments show a Service Type of GROUND when I do this. I would think both of our trucks deploy from the Addison center. When your stuff shows as Out For Delivery, on the UPS site, does it say Addison, Chicago, or something else?
Old 12-20-07, 02:50 AM

I don't know if they had hiccups or what last month. I had one or two things show up on 3-day shipping, but since then, everything that's been ordered this month, new TV not included , has been here in 2 days or less. It seemed I had a lot more things show up next day last year, this year it's been 50% at best.
Old 12-20-07, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I used to have the preordes not shipping forever problem. It went away after a while, and it was when I just started up prime. Just complain a lot, you might be able to get a few $5 coupons out of it.

I've had shipments take 3 and 4 days too. The excuse is that well your estimated shipping date was 1 day after we shipped it, so we only have to make sure it gets there 2 days after that day. Worthless.

My suggestion is to tell them the order is lost. And get a replacement sent out every time this happens.
Old 12-20-07, 09:52 AM

I was pretty disappointed when I received this email yesterday morning:

Originally Posted by Amazon
We're writing about the order you placed on August 01 2007 11:32 PDT
(Order# 1XX-XXX2XXX-XXX3XXX). Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

Harrison Ford (Actor), et al "Blade Runner (Five-Disc Complete
Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]" [Blu-ray]
Estimated arrival date: 12/24/2007

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.
This morning, however, I received an email that the item shipped via UPS Next Day Saver and now it's out for delivery.

I was planning to be out of town on Xmas eve and I have tomorrow off, so this is excellent news.

Overall, I've been happy with Prime, and most of my stuff arrives via 2 day shipping.

Now, I'm just crossing my fingers that the workprint is included.
Old 12-20-07, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Hammer99
I'm in Baltimore County, MD, & there's a distro center in Newark, DE that is usually pretty good to me. Two-day free shipping is usually only 1-day. With the holiday season though, I wouldn't be surprised to have to wait a day this week.
It's actually in New Castle, DE but that's the next town over.

I wish I could drive there and just pick it up.
Old 12-20-07, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by wewantflair
I have a Prime membership that renews on 12/15. I have 4 open family member spots, but I would like help w/ renewal costs. Anyone want to split this up? PM me if interested.
Aren't those just for people in the same household?
Old 12-20-07, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
Aren't those just for people in the same household?
Technically that's the way it works, but since you can ship items anywhere you want using Prime, it effectively doesn't matter. Before I got my own prime account, I bought a spot on somebody else's account on ebay before they cracked down on that sort of thing.
Old 12-20-07, 11:50 PM
Suspended

As a prime member..it was slow a few weeks ago.
I ordered the just in-stock HD DVD briefcase late last night and it shipped this afternoon. Not a bad turn around as I should get it Saturday.