HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Problems updating my HD-A30 player.

Old 11-20-07, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Problems updating my HD-A30 player.

Last night I downloaded the update to my player. It took what seemed like ages to download but it finished after about 30 minutes. I guess the download is the first of four steps accorind to the player. Shortly after is finioshes downloading it will says error and some code like: 2007e07c50 or something along that lines. I tried to download and install the update on two different occasions with these same results. The profile in the player says 1.0/1.1 but the new version is supposedly 1.3. Also, when I tried to play Shrek the Third each time the disc would try to load and then just display some code along the lines of: 40785034. This happened to me with MI 3 a couple of times but it hasn't happened since. Is this a problem with certain Paramount discs? Does anyone else know what the problem is updating the player? I thought my player was broken as it wouldn't do anything after the attempted update. I had to hold down the power button for several seconds for the system to shut off and then reboot itself. What a pain in the ass this update business is for this player.
Old 11-20-07, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does anyone else on here have this player? Did you have any difficulty updating it?
I have a broadband connection and it takes forever to download the update file. Then it says error a few minutes after the file is downloaded. Are there any settings I need to change in the setup menu? Anything to disable or enable? Please help.

Also, does anyone think it will do the same if I try to update it by uisng the burned cd method?
Old 11-20-07, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would try with the CD..sounds like a firmware update failed.