HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Digital Bits hacked

Old 11-07-07, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Digital Bits hacked

http://www.digitalbits.com/

But http://www.thedigitalbits.com/ seems to work.

I wonder if this is the real reason it was down all weekend. Bill Hunt is making friends everywhere.
Old 11-07-07, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

both work fine for me
Old 11-07-07, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
both work fine for me
+1. Purposeless to hack that site. Or read it.
Old 11-07-07, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Missed it. Must've been funny. What did it say? Shill Hunt can't be too happy!
Old 11-07-07, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Got me, it was hacker-speak that I don't know!

There was even an email address to someone dj something in .fr and something about revenge on a website - vague I know - and then something along the lines of you have been 0wned.
Old 11-07-07, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That is good stuff...

But lets not hope this happens here.
Old 11-07-07, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by True_Story1011
That is good stuff...
Not really.
Old 11-07-07, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Man I haven't been there in awhile. What a horrendous laid out site. I'm no professional web designer by any means, but dang, you'd think they'd spring a bit of the cash pot on making it look easier on the eyes.
Old 11-07-07, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
Not really.

Sarcasm... I guess you cant tell without a smiley icon.
Old 11-07-07, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by steebo777
Man I haven't been there in awhile. What a horrendous laid out site. I'm no professional web designer by any means, but dang, you'd think they'd spring a bit of the cash pot on making it look easier on the eyes.
What are you talking about? I don't think he can jam another ad into that space.
Old 11-07-07, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can not STAND light letters on dark background.
Old 11-07-07, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Digitalbits looks like some 13 year old girl's MySpace page.
Old 11-07-07, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by darkside
Digitalbits looks like some 13 year old girl's MySpace page.

YEAH!!! -- and it smells funny, too!!
Old 11-07-07, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
Given the increasingly silly level of commentary there over the past couple of years, I think that dark letters on a dark background would probably look better.
Old 11-07-07, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
Wasn't there a movement awhile back to go to dark backgrounds to save power on CRT monitors? Thought I remembered reading something to that effect. Of course with LCD monitors taking over it became moot even if true.
Old 11-07-07, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by applesandrice
YEAH!!! -- and it smells funny, too!!

Yeah! - Smells really pink!
Old 11-07-07, 09:42 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by lizard
Wasn't there a movement awhile back to go to dark backgrounds to save power on CRT monitors?
If only. Dark letters on a white background are so hard on the eyes. Annoying "mini sun projecting itself directly into my eyeballs" effect. White letters on a dark background are so much easier on the eyes. But these days, that's one of the few good things I could say about Hunt's site.
Old 11-08-07, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

White letters on dark background is the one thats hard on my eyes. After about 5 min of reading I see the white letters everywhere, much like staring at the sun for 3 seconds then still seeing it everytime you blink.

But, I 'like' the Digital Bits still, if only for the industry news. I wish we had an ignore button for Bill's opinions, though.
Old 11-08-07, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by steebo777
I've wondered about that as well. Looks like a 40-something male website who knows just enough to be dangerous when he's not driving his minivan to the local wholesale food outlet.
Old 11-08-07, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I remember the Bits being the premier source for DVD news (them and DVD File) back when my true DVD frenzy started around late 2000. The Dave's Video weekends where all the new releases were hinted at to get us hyped up, the Rumor Mill, that type of stuff.

However, being format-neutral with both an A3 and a PS3, the Bits CAN be better than it is now, and I think Bill Hunt's Blu-ray fetish, for lack of a better word, is a problem that a lot of these people in the camp have (as I stated similarly in the HD DVD thread). Hunt's problem is that the industry news and intriguing title announcements that made the site so good in the first place is taking the back seat to these They Live-esque musings about Blu-ray: "Cars and Ratatouille will change you in Blu-ray!" "Close Encounters is the first Spielberg movie to hit HD, on Blu-ray no less, and it's A WINNER!" "Spider-Man 3 sales are THROUGH THE ROOF!" Yet HD DVD doesn't get much, even if Transformers is breaking the format's records and the A2 is selling for $99 (which I remember Hunt going on a tirade about).

Bottom line, if the Bits could just get rid of the format war politics bullshit and embrace the "Digital Age" as a WHOLE, we'd be on the right track.

Side note: ever notice how when companies that are HD DVD exclusive talk about the format, they're showing that they just believe the format is the best home video can offer and not hating on Blu-ray, yet when the Blu-ray camp is discussing their alliance the responses always come across with a very obvious "Fuck you" slant to HD DVD?
Old 11-08-07, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by skriefal
If only. Dark letters on a white background are so hard on the eyes. Annoying "mini sun projecting itself directly into my eyeballs" effect. White letters on a dark background are so much easier on the eyes.
I'd think you're in a pretty tiny minority in that opinion.

Are you not able to use word processing programs like Mircosoft Word, or read a book for that matter?

White letters on a dark background are very painful on my eyes. Like cornflakeguy says, after a few minutes of it, the text burns into my retinas.
Old 11-08-07, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh Z

White letters on a dark background are very painful on my eyes. Like cornflakeguy says, after a few minutes of it, the text burns into my retinas.
Do you run Discovery HD in your eyes afterward for 20 mins to minimize burn-in?
Old 11-08-07, 02:52 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Zen Peckinpah
Side note: ever notice how when companies that are HD DVD exclusive talk about the format, they're showing that they just believe the format is the best home video can offer and not hating on Blu-ray, yet when the Blu-ray camp is discussing their alliance the responses always come across with a very obvious "Fuck you" slant to HD DVD?

Yes, I agree 100%.
Old 11-08-07, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

While I'm really enjoying this enlightening discussion don't ya think it's time mods to close this topic?
Old 11-08-07, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I remember the Bits being the premier source for DVD news (them and DVD File) back when my true DVD frenzy started around late 2000.
Do you remember when the Bits was one of the first sites to stand up against DIVX?

However, being format-neutral with both an A3 and a PS3, the Bits CAN be better than it is now, and I think Bill Hunt's Blu-ray fetish, for lack of a better word, is a problem that a lot of these people in the camp have (as I stated similarly in the HD DVD thread).
What if the site does not share your view on duality, does that make it wrong? I also donít approve of the dual political system in America but I respect the fact that there is a majority of people who believe that a third party candidate is not a viable option for the mess we are currently into. I fail to understand why certain people can NOT accept the fact that being a dual-supporter could be just as biased of an option, duality does not equate neutrality.

Hunt's problem is that the industry news and intriguing title announcements that made the site so good in the first place is taking the back seat to these They Live-esque musings about Blu-ray: "Cars and Ratatouille will change you in Blu-ray!" "Close Encounters is the first Spielberg movie to hit HD, on Blu-ray no less, and it's A WINNER!" "Spider-Man 3 sales are THROUGH THE ROOF!" Yet HD DVD doesn't get much, even if Transformers is breaking the format's records and the A2 is selling for $99 (which I remember Hunt going on a tirade about).
Could it be because the official numbers Paramount revealed were disputed by so many industry sources? Or, are we to believe only those sources who report data to our liking?

Bottom line, if the Bits could just get rid of the format war politics bullshit and embrace the "Digital Age" as a WHOLE, we'd be on the right track.
How does that work? I quick glance over the statements fans from both sides have made on this forum makes it VERY CLEAR that there just isnít enough software to support such an option. I fail to see how we can embrace the ďdigital ageĒ you refer to since even we, the vocal enthusiastic minority, can not agree on a number of basics. What makes you think that the average consumer everyone is hyping so much would be willing to do so? If you have a viable explanation I am willing to listen, I donít have one.

What a sloppy generalization! Do you think that BR exclusive studios do not believe their technology is the best home video can offer? Surely the evil BR companies act evil because they must be listening primarily to their core-base of supporters. And as we all know from a recent post on this forum HDDVD fans are film buffs, BR supporters areÖyou insert the damaging generalization here.

Finally why does Huntís name always have to be a subject of such fierce mistreatment on this site? Shill, fetish, etcÖ.if you donít like his writings then by all means donít frequent his site, donít waste your time on it. And donít come in this thread pretending that you are concerned about recent developments at the TDB only to further smear the image of a writer who isnít here to defend himself. It is just low!

Ciao,
Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 11-08-07 at 03:23 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.