Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Digital Bits hacked

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Digital Bits hacked

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-07, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist
And don’t come in this thread pretending that you are concerned about recent developments at the TDB only to further smear the image of a writer who isn’t here to defend himself. It is just low!

Ciao,
Pro-B
Low maybe but this is the internet! Besides what writers have time to go and defend themselves all over the internets. Anyway Hunt has been here before, did he get run off?
Old 11-08-07, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Pro-B

Zen clearly states in his post he wishes DigitalBits would be like it WAS. It has changed. If you're pro-Blu, then it really doesn't matter I guess, but for those who were inclined to go HD DVD, it's alienated them and they have a bad taste in their mouth, seeing what has happened over the last few years.
Old 11-08-07, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Pro-B

Zen clearly states in his post he wishes DigitalBits would be like it WAS. It has changed. If you're pro-Blu, then it really doesn't matter I guess, but for those who were inclined to go HD DVD, it's alienated them and they have a bad taste in their mouth, seeing what has happened over the last few years.
I respect your opinion however...

This does not exonerate those who consistently attach Hunt's name to derogatory remarks I would never associate with any writer, regardless of how much I disagree with his/her writings.

Blu-Ray.com went on a wild tirade picking apart Joshua Zyber, the thread was immediately closed after members voiced their concerns for the comments/context attached to his name. So, let's just say that I find it very strange that here we have a similar situation which isn't bothering anyone.

Pro-B
Old 11-08-07, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I respect your opinion however...

This does not exonerate those who consistently attach Hunt's name to derogatory remarks I would never associate with any writer, regardless of how much I disagree with his/her writings.

Blu-Ray.com went on a wild tirade picking apart Joshua Zyber, the thread was immediately closed after members voiced their concerns for the comments/context attached to his name. So, let's just say that I find it very strange that here we have a similar situation which isn't bothering anyone.

Pro-B

While many of the comments here have gone beyond polite disagreement/discussion, I don't recall anyone on this site indicating a desire to do physical harm to Bill Hunt's person.

People here -- and elsewhere -- would indeed do well to maintain civility and, well . . . be nice.
Old 11-08-07, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you remember when the Bits was one of the first sites to stand up against DIVX?
So he gets a pass now?

I fail to understand why certain people can NOT accept the fact that being a dual-supporter could be just as biased of an option, duality does not equate neutrality.
So if I have both formats, to which side am I biased?

Could it be because the official numbers Paramount revealed were disputed by so many industry sources? Or, are we to believe only those sources who report data to our liking?
I think the original point was that BH slants his "reportage" overwhelmingly in favor of Blu-Ray and minimizes each and every HD-DVD news item. Do you disagree? Point in fact, most Blu-Ray titles mentioned seem to be hot-linked to a vendor while the HD-DVDs titles are not so linked. The lack of balance on his site is so blatant that it becomes comical.

Finally why does Hunt’s name always have to be a subject of such fierce mistreatment on this site? Shill, fetish, etc….if you don’t like his writings then by all means don’t frequent his site, don’t waste your time on it. And don’t come in this thread pretending that you are concerned about recent developments at the TDB only to further smear the image of a writer who isn’t here to defend himself. It is just low!
Well, its called Free Speech, God bless it. Bill gets to characterize HD-DVD as a diving fighter plane crashing on the deck in flames and we get to make fun of his views . Besides, this is an open forum, he is a member here and he can easily post any rebuttals he deems necessary. After all, with his site down, he needs somewhere to vent, I suppose....
Old 11-08-07, 08:39 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Josh Z
Are you not able to use word processing programs like Mircosoft Word, or read a book for that matter?
Word processing programs? Yes... but eyestrain is high, so only for short lengths of time before needing to give my eyeballs a rest. Any more than that and the bright white background becomes painful. Comparing a book to a computer monitor is a definite "apples vs oranges" thing. Printed materials are not backlit like a computer monitor; color choices that work well with printed materials are not necessarily the best choice on a backlit computer monitor (or television for that matter, but we usually sit much further from a television than a computer monitor!).

White letters on a dark background are very painful on my eyes. Like cornflakeguy says, after a few minutes of it, the text burns into my retinas.
White letters on a dark background usually result in a net lower light output -- so there's less of the "painful bright light shining right into my eyeballs" effect. I don't like looking directly into the head of a flashlight or the lens of a projector, either .

Brightness can be lowered, of course, but then contrast often suffers... and that's trading one issue for another. Hopefully future display technologies will allow for high-quality, non-backlit displays...

I remember the DIVX days, too, and how Circuit City seemed to be using inaccurate information in their attempts to push the format. Things were simpler then, with almost everyone (other than CC, of course) agreeing that DVD was the better choice (good 'ole "alt.video.dvd"). It's unfortunate that a similar early agreement didn't happen in the BD/HD war.

Last edited by skriefal; 11-08-07 at 08:41 PM.