HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

TV recommendations?

Old 11-03-07, 07:52 AM

TV recommendations?

My TV is about to die and I thought I might go HD when I have to replace it. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a 27 inch HD set that won't bust a rather tight budget? Thanks!
Old 11-03-07, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How tight is tight? One man's tight might be another man's loose. Please give a number.
Old 11-03-07, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chet Desmond
My TV is about to die and I thought I might go HD when I have to replace it. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a 27 inch HD set that won't bust a rather tight budget? Thanks!
I'd look at 32" LCDs if you don't want much bigger than 27...depending on your budget, you could get one I think for as little as $600.

I say 32" because it seems the sizes on HD sets go from 26" up to 32", with not many in between.
Old 11-03-07, 02:27 PM

I'd like to keep it around $500.00 (give or take). I'd probably have to go with the 26 since my book case won't fit anything bigger. I saw a Magnavox for $548 on sale at Target. I've never owned a Magnavox - anybody have any luck with 'em?
Old 11-03-07, 03:36 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chet Desmond
I'd like to keep it around $500.00 (give or take). I'd probably have to go with the 26 since my book case won't fit anything bigger. I saw a Magnavox for $548 on sale at Target. I've never owned a Magnavox - anybody have any luck with 'em?
Please don't buy your next TV to fit your book case. Go with the biggest and best product you can buy for your budget, and get a *new* bookcase.