Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

$14.96 HD DVD titles at WALMART this friday

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

$14.96 HD DVD titles at WALMART this friday

Old 11-02-07, 04:35 PM
  #76  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 16,855
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
My Wal-Mart had the players, laptop, TVs, and DVDs behind a service counter with ONE person ringing people up. They had the following HD DVDs:

Sleepy Hollow
Casino
The Italian Job
Four Brothers
12 Monkeys
Lucky # Slevin
Backdraft
Clerks II
Pulse Unrated
Failure To Launch
Seabiscuit
The Big Lebowski
Old 11-02-07, 05:59 PM
  #77  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 12,306
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
picked up 4 titles, and could have gotten more. New version of Full Metal jacket was a nice suprise
Old 11-02-07, 06:55 PM
  #78  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
argh923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Muncie, IN [Member formerly known as abrg923]
Posts: 6,341
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I didn't see any HD-DVDs at all at my Wal-Mart. Not a single one. Tons of the A2s, though...I'm going to head back there later tonight. Wasn't looking for a display. Where were the displays at in your stores? Electronics section, or elsewhere?
Old 11-02-07, 06:56 PM
  #79  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 12,306
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
electronics section. just in an aisle,actually blocking some other shelves
Old 11-02-07, 06:58 PM
  #80  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
argh923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Muncie, IN [Member formerly known as abrg923]
Posts: 6,341
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll have to look...I definitely didn't see anything out there earlier. Weird, because they usually have 5-6 shelves of BR/HD-DVD that I've noticed...but there wasn't a single disc/slot for one this time.
Old 11-03-07, 10:34 AM
  #81  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 8,487
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this still on today or was it Friday only?
Old 11-03-07, 11:35 AM
  #82  
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to my local Wal-Mart (Florence, KY -- Cincinnati area) this morning and they still had the display up with all of the $14.96. It was a bit picked over, but I grabbed "12 Monkeys", "Alexander Revisted", and "Lucky Number Slevin."

It would figure that within the last month I had bought several of the other titles in the display like "Sleepy Hollow", "Unforgiven", "The Big Lebowski", and "Casino" at full price!!!
Old 11-03-07, 11:50 AM
  #83  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Edison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: KS
Posts: 2,312
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I noticed this last night locally, but they only had a 'rollback' sign on Big Lebowski for $14.96. It did state however that the sale ran 11/2-11/4 so you should be good through Sunday.

I'll try another store and see if they have more stock.

I did find the 'Jack Ryan Collection' priced for $56.96 which was cheaper than I can get it on the net, but the computer said 'sale not allowed' so they wouldn't sell it to me saying it was street dated. It's been out on the shelf since last week, and I don't see a street date online, but there are only 2-3 stores carrying it.

Last edited by Edison; 11-03-07 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-03-07, 12:36 PM
  #84  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 22,233
Received 272 Likes on 167 Posts
So yesterday, I picked up 12 Monkeys, Italian Job, and Full Metal Jacket. I watched the first title ring up for $14.96, then when the total was $51.81 with tax, I didn't think twice as I forked over my credit card and walked away happy.

$15 x 3 + 6% tax SHOULD be less than $50.

I checked my receipt... FMJ rang up for $18.96, even though it was on the same display as the other $15 titles. Okay, so they either put the wrong version in their system, the wrong version on the display, or they just flat screwed up. I dropped in today, went to the customer service deck, and explained that I think I was overcharged for FMJ. They checked and confirmed that the price in their system had been corrected to $14.96. But rather than give me a $4 (+tax) credit on my CC, the gal there recommended that I return/rebuy the item under WalMart's price guarantee policy. I'm not sure how the policy works, but I ended up being handed $7.53 in cash.

$51.81 on my card, less $7.53 in my hand, means I'm out a net of $44.28, or $14.76 per title.

So, if anyone bought/buys FMJ and it rings up at the non-discounted price.... you may want to let it slide and then go visit customer service.
Old 11-03-07, 02:34 PM
  #85  
TGM
DVD Talk Legend
 
TGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,594
Received 259 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by kenbuzz
So yesterday, I picked up 12 Monkeys, Italian Job, and Full Metal Jacket. I watched the first title ring up for $14.96, then when the total was $51.81 with tax, I didn't think twice as I forked over my credit card and walked away happy.

$15 x 3 + 6% tax SHOULD be less than $50.

I checked my receipt... FMJ rang up for $18.96, even though it was on the same display as the other $15 titles. Okay, so they either put the wrong version in their system, the wrong version on the display, or they just flat screwed up. I dropped in today, went to the customer service deck, and explained that I think I was overcharged for FMJ. They checked and confirmed that the price in their system had been corrected to $14.96. But rather than give me a $4 (+tax) credit on my CC, the gal there recommended that I return/rebuy the item under WalMart's price guarantee policy. I'm not sure how the policy works, but I ended up being handed $7.53 in cash.

$51.81 on my card, less $7.53 in my hand, means I'm out a net of $44.28, or $14.76 per title.

So, if anyone bought/buys FMJ and it rings up at the non-discounted price.... you may want to let it slide and then go visit customer service.

...wait, carry the 4...
Old 11-03-07, 06:08 PM
  #86  
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: WPB FL
Posts: 3,531
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got back and picked up Full Metal Jacket great deal.
Old 11-03-07, 06:49 PM
  #87  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 22,233
Received 272 Likes on 167 Posts
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
...wait, carry the 4...


Okay, short version: I got overcharged for the $15 Full Metal Jacket by $4. When I went back to the store today, I got SEVEN dollars back instead of 4 because I let the WalMart girl talk me into a refund/rebuy under their price guarantee policy rather than just credit the difference back to my CC.

Better?
Old 11-04-07, 05:49 AM
  #88  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,389
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unposted Walmart policy is that if an item rings in at an amount higher than what was marked/posted, then you get the difference plus three dollars, or the item for free if it is under $3. I thought this policy was abandoned, but I guess not.
Old 11-04-07, 10:20 AM
  #89  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 53,753
Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by kenbuzz
...I got overcharged for the $15 Full Metal Jacket by $4. When I went back to the store today, I got SEVEN dollars back instead of 4 because I let the WalMart girl talk me into a refund/rebuy under their price guarantee policy rather than just credit the difference back to my CC.
This is becoming a Sesame Street episode. So, what was the final price Mr. Kenbuzz was charged?

[ ] I have no friggin' idea!

[ ] Wait a minute. I need more time!

[ ] I think it's $12. But don't quote me on it!
Old 11-04-07, 10:50 AM
  #90  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
The Bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 54,914
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
That seems like a lot of work to save $1.
Old 11-04-07, 11:20 AM
  #91  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
jpdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Madisonville, KY
Posts: 1,127
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
Unposted Walmart policy is that if an item rings in at an amount higher than what was marked/posted, then you get the difference plus three dollars, or the item for free if it is under $3. I thought this policy was abandoned, but I guess not.
This is what the asshole CSM's/MGR's "want" you to think...this policy has never been dropped. They'll do or say anything to get out of abiding by this policy...but i never back down and threaten to call corporate every time they try this shit with me.
Old 11-04-07, 07:03 PM
  #92  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 21,512
Received 189 Likes on 146 Posts
I picked up:
The Big Lebowski
Unforgiven
Old 11-05-07, 08:39 AM
  #93  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i picked up Unforgiven, The Big Lebowki, and Blood Diamond. i wanted to get Clerks 2, but my walmart (and another that i checked yesterday) didnt have it.
Old 11-05-07, 09:28 AM
  #94  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,977
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, just to clarify...I can pick up an A2 for 99 & that is eligible for the 5 free movies by mail? If so...I have joined the parade
Old 11-05-07, 09:39 AM
  #95  
DVD Talk Legend
 
TheMovieman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 13,042
Received 169 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by Deadpool
So, just to clarify...I can pick up an A2 for 99 & that is eligible for the 5 free movies by mail? If so...I have joined the parade
Yep.
Old 11-06-07, 06:48 AM
  #96  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 324
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Wal-Mart had Face/Off for 14.96 as well.
Old 11-06-07, 08:25 AM
  #97  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 3,364
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Face/Off for 14.96? Hrmmm....
Old 11-06-07, 07:33 PM
  #98  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 318
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to two local Wal-Mart today. The display is gone and seem the promotion end.

The Big Lebowski back to original price ($19.xx) but Sleepy Hollow still $14.96 and I got one.
Old 11-07-07, 07:58 AM
  #99  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
jpdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Madisonville, KY
Posts: 1,127
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yup, all items are back to regular price at my local WM as well.....it was good while it lasted!
Old 11-07-07, 08:28 AM
  #100  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Bill Geiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,924
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found the recalled 4 pack of the Jack Ryan Collection at Walmart, tried to buy it, wouldn't scan. They wouldn't let me buy it. Was a good price too. They said they were going to send it back, but they didn't know why they had to.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.