Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Problem with Mission Impossible III Disc 2 (HD-Dvd). Anyone else?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-07, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I just put in the second disc of Mission Impossible III in my HD-A30 player and that is where the fun ended. After about 30 seconds of loading a bunch of numbers displayed on the player. I thought about dialing the numbers and calling but would probably end up talking with a prostitute from Beijing. After the "attempted" load the screen stayed black and I became bored rather quickly. It has to be the worst special feature that I have ever seen. I attempted to load the disc on two different occasions. The worst thing is that I will probably have to make a return trip to Circuit Shitty. Did anyone else have any problems with disc 2 of MI: III? Thanks for your help.
Old 10-19-07, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Well I dialed the number, and she was HOT.

No, my problem with my first copy was that the first disc wouldn't play at all, with no error codes or anything, but the second disc was fine. This was part of the boxed set and sure enough, I read that some copies in the set had bad first discs. My second copy played fine, including the second disc.

Was yours part of the set?
Old 10-19-07, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by Drexl
Well I dialed the number, and she was HOT.

No, my problem with my first copy was that the first disc wouldn't play at all, with no error codes or anything, but the second disc was fine. This was part of the boxed set and sure enough, I read that some copies in the set had bad first discs. My second copy played fine, including the second disc.

Was yours part of the set?
No, mine was an individual release that I picked up this week at Circuit City.

I finally did get the disc to work after trying at least ten times. This is what I did and it doesn't guarantee that the disc will load each time. Also, having this many problems means that I probably won't watch this particular disc too many times in the future. What I did was close the drawer so that the machine would load the disc and while it was loading I hit play on front of the player. It then kicked into "overdrive" and made something happen. I was getting tired of that old bag's phone number coming up. Anyway, that is what I did on this particular occasion. We'll see if it works again. Thanks for the response.