Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Kubrick Quartet of Titles coming to BD/HD DVD 10/23 (w/Dolby TrueHD Tracks)

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Kubrick Quartet of Titles coming to BD/HD DVD 10/23 (w/Dolby TrueHD Tracks)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-07, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The deluxe edition is there.
Old 07-26-07, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by yeldarb367
The deluxe edition is there.
Exactly....I saw both FMJ HD versions on the site.
Old 07-26-07, 08:31 PM

Ah .. I got mixed up.
Old 07-26-07, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by RockStrongo
Exactly....I saw both FMJ HD versions on the site.
Alright, for anyone else that has trouble, you have to select either HD or BD. Just searching under DVD will not show the title.
Old 07-27-07, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saw this on AVS:

From a Warner rep:

"Eyes Wide Shut Special Edition includes the Rated and the previously never-before-seen Unrated version of the film and the all-new featurette "Lost Kubrick: The Films That Never Were"."
Grain of salt... but could be great news.
Old 07-27-07, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Oliver Clothesoff
Saw this on AVS:

Grain of salt... but could be great news.
Nice....Ill preorder it if it turns out to be true!
Old 07-27-07, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Yeah, I hope it is true, although I'll wait for a firmer answer. There's no reason not to put it on the disc, but logic isn't always followed with these things.
Old 08-03-07, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jericho
Yeah, I hope it is true, although I'll wait for a firmer answer. There's no reason not to put it on the disc, but logic isn't always followed with these things.
I have confirmation too that its the uncut version. Im preordering now.
Old 08-03-07, 12:33 PM
Banned

Full details on the Kubricks from the Bits. Between this and Blade Runner, I am ready to build WB a shrine.

The Warner Home Video Director's Series: Stanley Kubrick box set (SRP $79.92) is a 6-film, 10-disc set that includes new special editions of 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, Eyes Wide Shut and The Shining, along with a Full Metal Jacket: Deluxe Edition and the previously released documentary, Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures. All of these films will be available separately on Blu-ray Disc and HD-DVD (save for the documentary) for $28.99 each. DVD versions will also be available for $26.99 each. All of these films have been newly remastered and are approved by the Kubrick estate. In addition, A Clockwork Orange, Eyes Wide Shut, The Shining and Full Metal Jacket are all debuting in anamorphic widescreen format.

The 2-disc 2001: A Space Odyssey - Special Edition will include audio commentary with stars Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood, an audio-only interview with Kubrick, the Channel 4 documentary 2001: The Making of a Myth, 5 featurettes (Standing on the Shoulders of Kubrick: The Legacy of 2001, Vision of a Future Passed: The Prophecy of 2001, 2001: A Space Odyssey - A Look Behind the Future, 2001: FX and Early Conceptual Artwork and Look: Stanley Kubrick!) and the film's theatrical trailer.

The 2-disc A Clockwork Orange: Special Edition will include audio commentary by Malcolm McDowell and historian Nick Redman, the Channel 4 documentary Still Tickin’: The Return of Clockwork Orange, the Great Bolshy Yarblockos!: Making A Clockwork Orange and O Lucky Malcolm! featurettes, and the film's theatrical trailer.

The 2-disc Eyes Wide Shut: Special Edition will feature both the R and Unrated versions of the film, along with scene specific audio commentary by Sydney Pollack and historian Peter Loewenberg, the Channel 4 documentary The Last Movie: Stanley Kubrick and Eyes Wide Shut, the Lost Kubrick: The Unfinished Films of Stanley Kubrick featurette, Kubrick's 1998 DGA D.W. Griffith Award acceptance speech, an interview gallery featuring Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman and Steven Spielberg, the film's theatrical trailer and TV spots.

The 2-disc The Shining: Special Edition will offer audio commentary by Garrett Brown and John Baxter, The Making of the Shining documentary with optional commentary by Vivian Kubrick, 3 featurettes (View from the Overlook: Crafting the Shining, The Visions of Stanley Kubrick and Wendy Carlos, Composer) and the film's theatrical trailer.

Finally, the single-disc Full Metal Jacket: Deluxe Edition will include audio commentary by Adam Baldwin, Vincent D'Onofrio, R. Lee Ermey and Jay Cocks, the Full Metal Jacket: Between Good and Evil featurette and the film's theatrical trailer.
Old 08-03-07, 12:49 PM

^ Ditto....LOVE the prices too....only a $2 price difference the for high-def versus dvd.....WB is my favorite studio for high-def!
Old 08-03-07, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Rusty James
Full details on the Kubricks from the Bits. Between this and Blade Runner, I am ready to build WB a shrine.

The Warner Home Video Director's Series: Stanley Kubrick box set (SRP $79.92) is a 6-film, 10-disc set that includes new special editions of 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, Eyes Wide Shut and The Shining, along with a Full Metal Jacket: Deluxe Edition and the previously released documentary, Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures. All of these films will be available separately on Blu-ray Disc and HD-DVD (save for the documentary) for $28.99 each. DVD versions will also be available for $26.99 each. All of these films have been newly remastered and are approved by the Kubrick estate. In addition, A Clockwork Orange, Eyes Wide Shut, The Shining and Full Metal Jacket are all debuting in anamorphic widescreen format.

The 2-disc 2001: A Space Odyssey - Special Edition will include audio commentary with stars Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood, an audio-only interview with Kubrick, the Channel 4 documentary 2001: The Making of a Myth, 5 featurettes (Standing on the Shoulders of Kubrick: The Legacy of 2001, Vision of a Future Passed: The Prophecy of 2001, 2001: A Space Odyssey - A Look Behind the Future, 2001: FX and Early Conceptual Artwork and Look: Stanley Kubrick!) and the film's theatrical trailer.

The 2-disc A Clockwork Orange: Special Edition will include audio commentary by Malcolm McDowell and historian Nick Redman, the Channel 4 documentary Still Tickin’: The Return of Clockwork Orange, the Great Bolshy Yarblockos!: Making A Clockwork Orange and O Lucky Malcolm! featurettes, and the film's theatrical trailer.

The 2-disc Eyes Wide Shut: Special Edition will feature both the R and Unrated versions of the film, along with scene specific audio commentary by Sydney Pollack and historian Peter Loewenberg, the Channel 4 documentary The Last Movie: Stanley Kubrick and Eyes Wide Shut, the Lost Kubrick: The Unfinished Films of Stanley Kubrick featurette, Kubrick's 1998 DGA D.W. Griffith Award acceptance speech, an interview gallery featuring Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman and Steven Spielberg, the film's theatrical trailer and TV spots.

The 2-disc The Shining: Special Edition will offer audio commentary by Garrett Brown and John Baxter, The Making of the Shining documentary with optional commentary by Vivian Kubrick, 3 featurettes (View from the Overlook: Crafting the Shining, The Visions of Stanley Kubrick and Wendy Carlos, Composer) and the film's theatrical trailer.

Finally, the single-disc Full Metal Jacket: Deluxe Edition will include audio commentary by Adam Baldwin, Vincent D'Onofrio, R. Lee Ermey and Jay Cocks, the Full Metal Jacket: Between Good and Evil featurette and the film's theatrical trailer.
Good Lord!!! Can we give WB the "Studio of the Year" award right now? Now THIS is how it's done. On the same day Sony announces bare bones Spider-Man 1 and 2 releases on Blu-ray, WB shows once again how it's done.

Sign me up for all of them. Well, assuming FMJ gets a new transfer. Otherwise I don't see myself double-dipping for just an audio commentary and featurette.
Old 08-03-07, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good news on all of these titles. Very excited...
Old 08-03-07, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Holy sheyat! WB owns.
Old 08-03-07, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Excellent.
Old 08-03-07, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope Full Metal Jacket got a remaster for its HD re-release.
Old 08-03-07, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just pee'd a little.
Old 08-05-07, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Does anyone know if the HD-DVD versions will be combos or HD only?
Old 08-05-07, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They should be HD only. They are priced that way, $28.99. Warner doesn't normally release catalog titles in combo format.
Old 08-05-07, 08:20 PM
Banned

I hope they have an exchange program for FMJ if the new version is remastered.
Old 08-05-07, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,239 Posts
Wow -- you can get these for under $15 a pop at Warner's online site if you use the coupon code TVWS through tomorrow.

I don't know for sure if the FMJ link is for the re-release, but I picked up all the other Kubrick titles (and the 5-disc Blade Runner for under $60).
Old 08-05-07, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Arpeggi
I hope they have an exchange program for FMJ if the new version is remastered.
While that would be nice, I wouldn't count on it. Sony's remastered version of The Fifth Element was a quiet replacement for the existing version with the same UPC as some of the original copies. This is a new special edition.
Old 08-06-07, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Wow -- you can get these for under $15 a pop at Warner's online site if you use the coupon code TVWS through tomorrow.

I don't know for sure if the FMJ link is for the re-release, but I picked up all the other Kubrick titles (and the 5-disc Blade Runner for under $60).

The search function on the Warner site has gotten wacky the last few days. For instance, the Wild Bunch used to show up in simple searches, but now only the DVD version comes up. Yet, if you filter by format for either HD-DVD or Blu Ray, Wild Bunch will show up in Blu Ray and HD-DVD and one can order it.

Full Metal Jacket is the same thing. A simple search only brings up the old version of the film. But their are two versions on their site twice (the old version and the new one). The new one is titled "Full Metal Jacket: Deluxe Edition" and clearly states an October release. The link below is a way to find it:

http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/...atType=Blu-ray
Old 08-07-07, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Updated info

http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/news/...DVD_Titles/843

'2001: A Space Odyssey' will feature audio commentary with stars Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood, plus an audio-only interview with Stanley Kubrick. Video materials include the Channel 4 documentary "2001: The Making of a Myth" and five all-new featurettes -- "Standing on the Shoulders of Kubrick: The Legacy of 2001," "Vision of a Future Passed: The Prophecy of 2001," "2001: A Space Odyssey - A Look Behind the Future," "2001: FX and Early Conceptual Artwork" and "Look: Stanley Kubrick!"

'A Clockwork Orange' boasts audio commentary by Malcolm McDowell and historian Nick Redman, the Channel 4 documentary "Still Tickin': The Return of Clockwork Orange," and the new featurettes " Great Bolshy Yarblockos!: Making A Clockwork Orange" and "O Lucky Malcolm!"

'Eyes Wide Shut' will feature both the R and Unrated versions of the film, audio commentary by Sydney Pollack and historian Peter Loewenberg, the Channel 4 documentary "The Last Movie: Stanley Kubrick and Eyes Wide Shut," the "Lost Kubrick: The Unfinished Films of Stanley Kubrick" featurette, a 1998 DGA D.W. Griffith Award acceptance speech by Kubrick, and ported over from the previous standard-def DVD release of 'Eyes Wide Shut,' an interview gallery with Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman and Steven Spielberg.

'The Shining' scares up an audio commentary by historians Garrett Brown and John Baxter, the original 1980 "The Making of the Shining" documentary (with optional commentary by Vivian Kubrick) and three new featurettes -- "View from the Overlook: Crafting the Shining," "The Visions of Stanley Kubrick" and "Wendy Carlos, Composer."

Finally, the re-issued 'Full Metal Jacket: Deluxe Edition' includes audio commentary by stars Adam Baldwin, Vincent D'Onofrio, R. Lee Ermey and Jay Cocks, and the "Full Metal Jacket: Between Good and Evil" featurette.
Old 08-07-07, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just wish Amazon would finally list the 2001 BD already. All the others are there & I know it's coming eventually, but I'm getting tired of checking every day... this needs to be ordered!
Old 08-08-07, 03:47 AM

Re-issued...better not mean recycled crappy transfer.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.