Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

any audio specs for Nine Inch Nails Blu-Ray?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-07, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dvd has DTS & DD, but I haven't been able to find out if the HD versions will have better sound. PCM or DTS HD would seal the deal for me.
Old 02-15-07, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From their website, it looks like the HD versions lose the DTS track, but instead has "dolby true-hd 5.1 digital surround sound". Wouldn't that only apply to the HD-DVD version? I have 69 Blu-Rays & none have that sound, but a few of my HD-DVDs do. With no HDMI on the 360, I can't get the True-HD sound now, but what bitrate is it? There's also no display on the 360 that shows you that info. On the PS3, the DTS HD tracks are 1.5 MBps & the PCMs are 4.6 or 6.9 MBps. Just wondering how the True HD compared.
Old 02-15-07, 12:46 PM
NMA

You may want to visit the special "Beside You In Time" site for a comparison of the editions:

http://halo22.nin.com/hdfaq.html#q07
Old 02-15-07, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So that says the Blu-Ray version has True HD sound that only the PS3 can play? Will this be the first Blu-Ray with True HD, or will they call it PCM 5.1? I thought the True HD was an HD-DVD copyrighted sound? And I love the way both formats are so dependent on the game consoles- True HD plays on every HD player except 360, and only on PS3 Blu-Ray.
Old 02-15-07, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,239 Posts
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Will this be the first Blu-Ray with True HD
"Legends of Jazz" has TrueHD. The codec's fair game for either format, despite there only being one title (at least for the moment) using it. I think the appeal of PCM is that it's fair game and can be used in just about any Blu-ray player, while TrueHD has a license fee associated with it.