Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

XBox360 upgrade... Upconvert DVD's to HD

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

XBox360 upgrade... Upconvert DVD's to HD

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-08, 10:32 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
So when does the PS3 come out? I'm not spending $1000 on the Samsung 1000 to play Hitch!
Old 07-02-08, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch...
Old 07-03-08, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Diomed Atreides
First of all, you have to use the component (not VGA) cables that came with your console (make sure to toggle the switch on the connector to HD) OR an HDMI cable (if you have a comptable XBOX). Secondly, make sure your system settings are adjusted for the appropriate resolution and all that jazz. After that, just play a DVD and there is a BIG difference. It definitely upconverts. It doesn't look as good as a Blu-Ray picture would of the same movie, but it still looks great. On a side note, it will actually upconvert movies from your computer that you play through the XBOX. So, a lot of those semi-crappy movies you may have stored on your computer will, in many cases, look a lot better played through your XBOX to your display.

So did you register here just to resurrect a 2 year old, pretty much useless, thread?
Old 07-03-08, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was the first listing that came up when I typed in "xbox 360 upconvert dvd" and, since there was not an adequate answer, I provided one. Believe it or not, most people still don't have a clue about HD. Why, were you waiting 2 years for someone to reply so you could have something to argue about? Typical...
Old 07-04-08, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Why were you even searching for it if you already knew the answer?