Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

The Mass Shootings thread is broken

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Old 09-03-20, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 239 Likes on 197 Posts

This is the issue we see, from time to time.

It's 148 pages, with my settings, but I can only see up to page 147. I can see that there are posts past page 147 as it keeps showing up in 'New Posts' with differing authors.

https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-p...l#post13799591
Old 09-04-20, 12:17 PM

Received 155 Likes on 112 Posts
Re: The Mass Shootings thread is broken

I know there was a large number of off-topic or otherwise problematic posts that a mod deleted, which might have been causing the issue previously. The thread is loading properly for me as of now, but, since I'm one of the (stupid) mods of that forum - but not the one who deleted the posts - the thread loads much differently for me than it would for you. I guess my suggestion is, "have you tried turning it off and turning it back off again?", because maybe that will help.
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (09-08-20)
Old 09-04-20, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 239 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
I know there was a large number of off-topic or otherwise problematic posts that a mod deleted, which might have been causing the issue previously. The thread is loading properly for me as of now, but, since I'm one of the (stupid) mods of that forum - but not the one who deleted the posts - the thread loads much differently for me than it would for you. I guess my suggestion is, "have you tried turning it off and turning it back off again?", because maybe that will help.
I actually got around the issue by posting in the thread, via quick reply. After I went to the first unread post, after that, it worked. I deleted the post, and it continued to work, so I think it's good, now.

Thanks!
Old 09-04-20, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 815 Likes on 597 Posts

This is kind of a known issue with the forum software, isn't it? Long threads with lots of deleted posts get their page counts screwed up.

Maybe deleting some cookies from your browser would help?
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (09-08-20)