Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Song of the South

Old 08-13-19, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Song of the South

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
My disc just arrived. Thanks OP!
Old 08-13-19, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
If you feel strongly about this ad, please write in here: https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sendmessage.php
That form generates emails that I can then send to sales to show them that they really need to stop doing this.
Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
You would have thought the uproar last year over the DVDTalk sponsored ripping software would have done the trick... guess not. Point the sales team to that thread and the current ones.
I agree. It seems shocking that the sales team would need any reminder after that debacle. After that incident, in this thread I pushed for sales team policies to change. It appears that fell on deaf ears. Here's a quote from me in that thread that seems rather applicable now:
I'm mainly interested in whether you have advocated on our behalf that the sales team change their policy going forward to have standards that align with forum content rules for what contracts they will sign in the future. I get how the current situation arose, but it should be something that informs a different policy going forward.
IBJoel, in that thread you said this:
Originally Posted by IBJoel
I'll say they've gotten an earful and leave it at that. So hopefully, we don't have to change the forum rules. But I agree that should it happen again, there should be some re-wording on the rules page.
It has happened again. Are we going to re-word the rules or not?
Old 08-13-19, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That DVDFab ad sure looks sponsored and not Google generated...
Old 08-13-19, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by kefrank View Post
I agree. It seems shocking that the sales team would need any reminder after that debacle. After that incident, in this thread I pushed for sales team policies to change. It appears that fell on deaf ears. Here's a quote from me in that thread that seems rather applicable now:

IBJoel, in that thread you said this:

It has happened again. Are we going to re-word the rules or not?
I'm talking to our business lead about it.
Old 08-13-19, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
The other thread was locked. I really don't care all THAT much, but if I were still a DVD Talk reviewer I sure would, as if a studio sees that, the screeners (already thin, from what I've heard) are going to stop.
Is DVD piracy still even a concern?

I think that 99.99% of the people who are going to use a ripper are just going to use it back-up their own DVDs and possibly transfter them to a HTPC.

If someone wants to pirate a movie, there a easier ways to do it these days.

Old 08-13-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post

I think that 99.99% of the people who are going to use a ripper are just going to use it back-up their own DVDs and possibly transfter them to a HTPC.

Yeah, I was thinking that myself. I'll freely admit that I used to copy DVDs from time to time (with free software) but that was over a decade ago. It seems like ancient history to me now, ripping DVDs seems so quaint. Honestly, I have way too much stuff to watch on the streaming services I subscribe to now, I don't need to rip anything.
Old 08-14-19, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post

Speaking as a consumer, no. Speaking as a studio person/rep., it's one of the things that irks them to no end.