Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

New user: Restrictions on posting and formatting

Old 08-01-19, 02:41 PM
Cool New Member

New user: Restrictions on posting and formatting

I recently signed up and have been posting for about a week now, but I'm having to cope with a number of really arbitrary restrictions on daily post limits as well as control panel functionality and restrictions on formatting. I guess it's understandable that the administrator(s) would want to mitigate spam accounts, but exactly how much longer is this going to continue? It's difficult to participate in the community when I'm allowed only 2 posts every 24 hours. I can barely follow-up to replies from other members.

The system has occasionally hinted at when certain restrictions expire, but I haven't been able to find any comprehensive site / help posts that explain all the details.

Note that this is my second post of the day, so I won't be able to follow-up to any replies for another 24 hours.
Old 08-01-19, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Re: New user: Restrictions on posting and formatting

I believe that those restrictions are dropped at 10 posts. Since you've crossed that threshold, do things look any different / better for you now?
Old 08-02-19, 02:49 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
I believe that those restrictions are dropped at 10 posts. Since you've crossed that threshold, do things look any different / better for you now?
Logging out and logging back in revealed some additional control panel options, but my daily post limit is still restricted to just 2 posts.

This is my final allowed post for the day, so once again it will be another 24 hours before I can reply to anyone.
Old 08-02-19, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No wonder I rarely see new faces in the boards I frequent here at DVDTalk these days... Hell if I would have had to go through that stuff I'd have just left. :/
Old 08-02-19, 03:11 PM
Cool New Member

Scratch my last reply. It looks like the system finally bumped up my posts-per-day limit. There's no present indication of what the new limit is though.

Originally Posted by Koby View Post
No wonder I rarely see new faces in the boards I frequent here at DVDTalk these days... Hell if I would have had to go through that stuff I'd have just left. :/
Indeed. I was tempted to stop logging in altogether.

The boards seem a bit slow at times, but it can nonetheless be easy to get sucked into a good discussion and want to continue following up to replies.
Old 08-05-19, 09:57 AM
Administrator

I'll check usergroup settings, but Adam is right that it should be dropped around 10 posts. It could be a caching issue on your device, but my understanding was that it was profile-based.