Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

What is Standard Editor?

Old 11-23-19, 10:46 PM
  #51  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Norm de Plume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Toronto
Posts: 15,512
Re: What is Standard Editor?

Standard Editor was the saving grace when this forum had the grand overhaul a couple of years ago.
Norm de Plume is offline  
Old 11-25-19, 11:47 AM
  #52  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 600
Re: What is Standard Editor?

Originally Posted by SterlingBen View Post
Since the conversation is in here, I have got to say the forum has taken a turn for the worse lately. The spoiler thing is messing up my posts, the Spending tab thread has gone crazy, I stopped formatting in the OHMC a few years back when this all started because of how the code just went crazy sometimes. I get that things need to change with the times but we are going through all these headaches and still don'e even have a night mode?

Here is pictures of what happens when I try to edit my spending tab:
It changes to a near black document
Can you link me to this post? Why are you still editing a post from a year ago? Why not just make a new post? You can still edit this post in source. If you want me to take a crack at it, I can also.

Last edited by IBJoel; 11-25-19 at 12:03 PM.
IBJoel is offline  
Old 11-25-19, 11:54 AM
  #53  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 600
Re: What is Standard Editor?

Originally Posted by kd5 View Post
But why in the hell should I have to???


And by the way, I couldn't even get to page 2 of this thread until I changed my options from 40 posts per page to 20...
You don't have to. You can now just highlight text and click the formatting of your choice. If it's something that is less used in general, then you still have the ability to edit in source. Almost every option now no longer requires typing in tags.
Quote
Bold
Italics
Underlinded
Strikethrough
Spoiler:
Spoiler




As for pages, are you unable to switch back to 40 posts? Or does the second page disappear again if you do so?

Last edited by IBJoel; 11-25-19 at 11:59 AM.
IBJoel is offline  
Old 11-25-19, 11:58 AM
  #54  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 600
Re: What is Standard Editor?

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
yeah, this is annoying. i liked the option for different sizes at ease. it's just another reason, with this whole change and changes that have been going on that make people disappear from this site. isn't the point to attract as many as possible? why make it harder/frustrating for us long timers and any newcomers?
Sizing is the only one you have to go to Source for. The rest have buttons that you can just click. While likely taking a short adaptation window for long-time users, for newcomers it'll be much easier (and in fact we've had this editor be the standard for new users for some time, now).
IBJoel is offline  
Old 11-25-19, 03:56 PM
  #55  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Darth Maher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Haddonfield, Illinois
Posts: 2,325
Re: What is Standard Editor?

Is there a list of supported fonts somewhere? Since there is no longer a font pull-down menu, I have to manually enter the font name in tags and I don't know which ones will work.

Thanks!
Darth Maher is offline  
Old 11-25-19, 05:31 PM
  #56  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 600
Re: What is Standard Editor?

Originally Posted by Darth Maher View Post
Is there a list of supported fonts somewhere? Since there is no longer a font pull-down menu, I have to manually enter the font name in tags and I don't know which ones will work.

Thanks!
Great question! I'll ask. Could you provide me a link to a post with a different font style?

Last edited by IBJoel; 11-25-19 at 06:13 PM.
IBJoel is offline  
Old 11-26-19, 07:17 AM
  #57  
kd5
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
kd5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 9,531
Re: What is Standard Editor?

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
You don't have to. You can now just highlight text and click the formatting of your choice. If it's something that is less used in general, then you still have the ability to edit in source. Almost every option now no longer requires typing in tags.

Bold
Italics
Underlinded
Strikethrough
Spoiler:
Spoiler






As for pages, are you unable to switch back to 40 posts? Or does the second page disappear again if you do so?
Required to type in tags? It was a useful feature for me to just highlight the text within the tags and post new text there. Clicking Source works but I didn't used to have to.

I switched it back to 40 posts per page and once again could NOT get to page 2 (even though there is actually a page 2, clicking on it did nothing but take me back to page 1). So, back to 20 posts per page...
kd5 is offline  
Old 11-26-19, 10:28 AM
  #58  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 600
Re: What is Standard Editor?

Originally Posted by kd5 View Post
Required to type in tags? It was a useful feature for me to just highlight the text within the tags and post new text there. Clicking Source works but I didn't used to have to.

I switched it back to 40 posts per page and once again could NOT get to page 2 (even though there is actually a page 2, clicking on it did nothing but take me back to page 1). So, back to 20 posts per page...
But... Now you can just highlight the text and click a button. I'm not really sure what the issue is. You still don't have to click Source for the majority of editing, just for size and font type. Every style change I exemplified in my above post was done without going into Source.

I will test the problem of posts/page. EDIT: I can get to Page 2. Page 3 Appears on the forum index for me (since that's how many pages at the forum default), but disappears when I get into the thread. I'm still able to access those posts, however, just on a "different" page.

Last edited by IBJoel; 11-26-19 at 10:42 AM.
IBJoel is offline  
Old 11-26-19, 11:58 AM
  #59  
kd5
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
kd5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 9,531
Re: What is Standard Editor?

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
But... Now you can just highlight the text and click a button. I'm not really sure what the issue is. You still don't have to click Source for the majority of editing, just for size and font type. Every style change I exemplified in my above post was done without going into Source.

I will test the problem of posts/page. EDIT: I can get to Page 2. Page 3 Appears on the forum index for me (since that's how many pages at the forum default), but disappears when I get into the thread. I'm still able to access those posts, however, just on a "different" page.
...just for size and font type.
Exactly.
kd5 is offline  
Old 11-26-19, 01:08 PM
  #60  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Darth Maher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Haddonfield, Illinois
Posts: 2,325
Re: What is Standard Editor?

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Great question! I'll ask. Could you provide me a link to a post with a different font style?
Thanks.

Here are a few:

https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/6...l#post13209126
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/5...l#post10985211
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/6...l#post12995062
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/6...l#post13601800
Darth Maher is offline  
Old 11-27-19, 11:28 AM
  #61  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 600
Re: What is Standard Editor?

Thank you, I've forwarded to tech and we'll be working to get that list together for you.
IBJoel is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.